test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Facebook] Treasure Hunt Event!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
As we prepare for The Maze Engine, tales of a rare treasure buried somewhere on the Sword Coast have reached us. We’ve sent our scouts out to search, but to no avail. We need your help in finding this treasure!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9852223-neverwinter:-treasure-hunt-event!

This is just to discuss the event, but the voting should be done on Facebook.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I admit I am a little bit confused about this event. Prizes (treasure) for everyone but how quickly the grand prize is unveiled depends on how well the community vote does at picking the right tile?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ktrelisktrelis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    I also just read everything on this event, and I don't understand how it works either. Are the 5 communities competing against each other in a spin on a game of battleship? which ever com unity finds it they all get the reword or every one does regardless? and so confused on participation and how the event works. oh well guess I will just say a tile on the face book post each day and hope I am doing it right. XD
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Yeah, the prize will be unveiled when the community finds the treasure and is available for everyone.

The five communities are working together to reveal more than just one tile per day. So if the EN community votes for A5, for example and the FR community votes for B2, both of those tiles will be revealed the following day.

• two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User

The five communities are working together to reveal more than just one tile per day. So if the EN community votes for A5, for example and the FR community votes for B2, both of those tiles will be revealed the following day.

What if two communities vote for the same square? Do we grab our spears and march to war?
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    two30 said:

What if two communities vote for the same square? Do we grab our spears and march to war?
    We'll roll a d20 to see which one actually gets it. For the other, we'll take the second place tile.

• mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    I have never, and will never use Facebook.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I have never, and will never use Facebook.

I'm not on it either, but my question was in part to clarify that the entire community will get prizes-prizes-pruhzizes. Only people on Facebook get to do the interactive part, but we all get to enjoy the treasure they uncover. So that's cool.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    so you have to FB to vote? no thanks im passing on this event.
    Kirk eyes a young female romulan put on her EV suit then her head dissapears.

Kirk : My god bones...her head is gone :eek:

Mccoy : DAMNIT JIM!! im a doctor not a game developer
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    I don't use Facebook, but I think this is a good idea
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    Like the idea (generally applaud anything that is not 'if it moves, kill it'), but am not going to go dig up my ancient FB acct to participate.
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    This is a good idea, BUT.

There are people who dont use twitter, facebook and other SM (read social media, not sadomasochist altho sometimes its just that) applications for games or game communication.

It should be about the game, here you have the forums, why not use it or implement a system in it for these kinda games. I myself visit these forums, watch the live feeds in twitch, thats all.

And some people dont even come here or use arc or steam. They play the game itself. U should have a channel in the game where people could interact with votes like these and with staff (GMs, devs etc).

Staff really should play and interact on game level more rather than posting information on the forums once a month or even more rarely. Shows us that they care about their game, plain and simple.

Its their game, why dont they play it? I have never seen an ingame message reporting to go and have a run with devs or GMs or do some hilarious race, withing maps.

At least we got you Andy thats something, but i think the player community wants more.

just a notion.

Happy hunting.

• junichiroujunichirou Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    What about users from other countries, like Brazil?
    Should we just pick one of the five recognized communities and vote at random since we're irrelevant as a whole?
  • draconicdethdraconicdeth Member Posts: 2 New User
    i cant ever get the sword caost thing to work it always kicks me out of back page saying its invlaid wheni choose a character how do i fix it?

This discussion has been closed.