test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Epic Demogorgon Easy Gold (video) by < The Legendary Outlaws >

keruptxxkeruptxx Member Posts: 157 Arc User
edited February 2016 in PvE Discussion
Im writing this thread in hopes to help other guilds or groups out there than are trying to coordinate 10 man epic demogorgon gold kills. When done correctly, and everyone is on the same page it is quite easy. Ill sum up what we do in three simple steps.

1. Phase 1. Open a purple portal together, run to sanity well, then open next purple portal TOGETHER.
Yes yes, we all know by now no green portals. But more importantly in phase one when opening purple portals, do it together. Do not run off by yourself and open a portal and try to solo it. you will most likely die and cause your team valueable time. Open a purple portal together, run to sanity well then open next purple portal TOGETHER.

2. Phase 2. DPS Him down from sanity well
Most people think you need yellow portals to win phase 2. This is not the case as you can see in my video below. Phase 2 was cleared in 1 minute 33 seconds without using any yellow portals. Our basic stategy here is all ranged dps stay in the first blue sanity well and keep constant dps on him. When someone gets aggro from his charge we aim the charge towards the entrance. This allows most people to continue to dps him while he charges and resets.

3. Phase 3. Let the tank go first
There is only 1 constant blue sanity well in phase 3. This well is right as you click in. The idea is to pull demo just a little south of the middle so ranged dps can stay in blue sanity well the entire fight, and everyone else has quick and easy access to well if they need it. The only sure fire way to pull him to the right spot is to have the tank go in first, pull demogorgon and once he is in the right spot everyone else enters.

--------- VIDEOS -------------------------

PHASE 2 AND PHASE 3 CLEAR = 1 MINUTES 36 SECONDS < THE LEGENDARY OUTLAWS >
https://youtu.be/7D_RZaM55RI

----------------------------------------------------

PHASE 1 CLEAR USING ONLY PURPLE PORTALS < THE LEGENDARY OUTLAWS >
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Vz2WQfOg8

Kerupt [The Legendary Outlaws]
- Leader
- CW Class Officer

XBOX GAMER TAG: Kerupt Shunn
Post edited by keruptxx on

Comments

• Options
    mrimsogoodmrimsogood Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Curious how many are actually gonna follow this
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    The second and third phase is alot slower than when my guild does it lol

Curious how many are actually gonna follow this

Not many :p
  • Options
    if you watch the timer in the top right corner the 2nd phase was done in 1 minute and 33 seconds. The 3rd phase was done in 47 seconds. We have had slightly faster phases by 10 seconds or so but in seperate runs.

That's pretty good in my book. If there are people clearing significantly faster, congratulations.

I didn't intend this thread to be a guild speed contest. Wanted to shed some light on the encounter for any groups or guilds out there having Isues completing it.

- Leader
    - CW Class Officer

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Thanks for the info Kerupt, very useful. The Wallet Squad saying "ooh we do it faster!" is just amusing.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    mrimsogoodmrimsogood Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Thanks for the info Kerupt, very useful. The Wallet Squad saying "ooh we do it faster!" is just amusing.

Someone has to keep this game afloat
  • Options
    westsideryderzwestsideryderz Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Gj. Nice share
  • Options
    amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    Keruptshun this is why you guys have always been one of the top pve guilds. Keep it up.
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Yep this is how we do it. Super easy. Forget the yellow portals, just kill him and stop wasting time chasing him around the map

The tank advice is particularly good. Do what he said. Let demo come forward a bit before you swarm him at the top of the map
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    HR Trapper here.. how can i survive the DoT effect? Got 33 downs on my last try.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

IKR! and yes very useful information.
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Yet notice there's a reason it says "Non-Pay-to-Win" ;3
  • Options

armadeonx said:

Yet notice there's a reason it says "Non-Pay-to-Win" ;3
    Lol I didn't notice that & as someone else said; someone has to pay the bills.

However given LGPG's, erm, let's say "tier 1" recruitment policy, there's no need to rub other people noses in the fact that your guild is filled exclusively with fully geared players and as such can easily field a team that by rights SHOULD be able to do everything faster.

I find it amusing that you find the need to pat yourself on the back in this situation - if you can beat this time with a team of whatever you find in a normal guild then I would be the one congratulating you ;)

• Options
    lorddarthblorddarthb Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Thanks for the post was helpful. I was told that I'm supposed to pull demo away from the group during phase 1 is that bad advice? Oh I'm a protection pally
  • Options
    gugabsb2gugabsb2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Good Job Kerupt!!!!

Let´s Play!

.Nettuno
  • Options
    theopvtheopv Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Similar to lorddarthbs post I would be interested to know if it is better from a pallys point of view to spank demogorgon in a corner whilst dipping in and out of a sanity well or whether it is more effective to tank him alongside the adds and use the reflected damage to wipe them. (binding oath blah blah blah)

Normally I have no issue with anyone from look good play good. They have a direction and are very successful at what they do. Everytime I have had a chat with any of them they have all been just like any other player I have come across. I do take the point that ltsmithneko comes across as a little patronising when all someone is trying to do is help others out. Having seen ltsmithneko throughout most of the forums he is normally well informed and helpful to a lot of people. I'm sure that he didnt mean to come across as patronising but hey... what do I know. (diplomatic hat removed now)
  • Options
    theopvtheopv Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    meant to add... Thanks keruptxx if more people read this then perhaps edemo will go more smoothly as time goes on.
  • Options
    kvothe2203kvothe2203 Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Thanks for the post was helpful. I was told that I'm supposed to pull demo away from the group during phase 1 is that bad advice? Oh I'm a protection pally

Normally we have the tank pull him far enough from the sanity well that he doesn't stand in it but close enough that the tank can remove the debuff. Tanking him close to the mobs causes everyone to have to avoid his aoe as well as the mobs we are fighting.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    keruptxx said:

if you watch the timer in the top right corner the 2nd phase was done in 1 minute and 33 seconds. The 3rd phase was done in 47 seconds. We have had slightly faster phases by 10 seconds or so but in seperate runs.

That's pretty good in my book. If there are people clearing significantly faster, congratulations.

I didn't intend this thread to be a guild speed contest. Wanted to shed some light on the encounter for any groups or guilds out there having Isues completing it.

Well, if you really want to race, those of us on PC did phase 2 in 18 seconds and phase 3 in 22 seconds so..... Ill see if I can get a video together, getting 10 good speedrunners together is like herding cats though.
  • Options
    zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I would definitely add the bit about the pally tanking Demogorgon into the guide. One of my friends does this perfectly, and it's VERY obvious when he's tanking, vs when someone else is.

That said, I agree with @defiantone99: please repost to rediit. I Was getting yelled at this weekend for standing in the well on phase two(in one case, I did half the DPS for the entire instance and was still getting yelled at) and no one would kite the damn thing back on phase 3.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @thefabricant

Those videos were done on the first weekend epic demo was available on xbox. There were alot of groups queing and having a hard time getting gold. My intent was to help them out, I never intended this to be a race against anyone on pc, thats why this was posted in the xbox pve forums.
    Post edited by keruptxx on

- Leader
    - CW Class Officer

• Options
    edited February 2016
    shaved almost a minute off our time, updated a more efficient video

- Leader
    - CW Class Officer

• Options
    shamrok#5900 shamrok Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Slight problem with phase 2 you don't always have enough dps to outright dps him down so not using the yellow portals is bad advice
  • Options
    It's not bad advice, it's advice for a decently geared guild team to follow.

• Options
    It is bad advice because it's worded as if anyone can do it and you just proved that with the wording of your comment
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Thanks @keruptxx , great to see some insight to better educate the community. Nothing can be more frustrating than seeing the other random players run around like chickens with their heads rolling on the floor. This is such an easy fight that it almost appears that TROLLS can feast on the determined players too easily. Keep it up bud, as always I enjoy our talks.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    edited March 2016

It is bad advice because it's worded as if anyone can do it and you just proved that with the wording of your comment

Ooh someone disagrees with your point and you immediately turn to insults? Very grown up of you @shamrok#5900

You do realise that by choosing that course instead of properly quantifying your point, it insinuates a weakness in your overall position by inferring a lack of substance to your argument?

I do hope I worded that correctly, I'd hate to offend you again.

• Options
    nullvaluepointnullvaluepoint Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Not a PUG strategy. Rarely do we get a tank and expect 3-4 campers sitting around for a free ride. Not to mention low iL and DPS which is why PUG groups should aim at yellow for best results.
  • Options
    In the first post I said this is mainly for groups or guilds trying to coordinate 10 man runs

- Leader
    - CW Class Officer

• Options
    Even so you need more than coordination if you can't do enough damage the way you explained phase 2 is impossible now if you were to say try going for the rune the first 2 times he targets and have bronze then go for your way otherwise do it with using the runes, until mod 9 hits there is no way to guarantee a fixed group of 10, and for the supposed insult you said "decently geared" which the op left out thus proving what I claimed and it is bad advice because no matter how good they are no group of 10 2500il can beat phase 2 on pure dps so that is why it's bad advice