test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.55.20160125b.2

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Take a gander at our patch notes for our maintenance on 2/4.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9774133

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    Patches?! We DO need stinking patches!! jk Thanks for the updates.
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    I know the cub is cuter, but is it 38% better? ie - worth using yet? JK - you didn't have anything to do with it not being worth using lol. Keep up the good work strum, I'm glad you are still here.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    freshour said:

I know the cub is cuter, but is it 38% better? ie - worth using yet? JK - you didn't have anything to do with it not being worth using lol. Keep up the good work strum, I'm glad you are still here.

It's the sounds they make that are 38% cuter. :D I want a baby owlbear so freaking bad!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    Just curious, but the in game calendar shows the CTA happening the weekend of Feb 11. It also shows Double Refinement on the same weekend. Is that still happening?
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    "The sounds made by the Bear Cub, Polar Bear Cub, Baby Owlbear, and Baby Bulette are now approximately 38% cuter."

Oh thank gods. I've been campaigning for this for years! ;)
    j/k, keep up the good bug fight. Good list of fixes.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Just curious, but the in game calendar shows the CTA happening the weekend of Feb 11. It also shows Double Refinement on the same weekend. Is that still happening?

Oops, the dates may have been wrong in the patch notes.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    skar3174skar3174 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Ok, you say the date "may" have been wrong on the patch notes? Well can you clarify this asap plz? Also which dates on the patch notes are wrong, if any? Is the CTA on this weekend or not? is double XP on this weekend or not? Kind of important you answer this ASAP, as I am sure many folk would like to plan for whatever "may" or "may" not be happening.
    Thank you very much...I "may" be looking forward to your answer :P
  • Options
    ulthran77ulthran77 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yeah, please do not remove double RP weekend...
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    The bonus "Demonic Overload" Heroic Encounter no longer drops a ring, but has a chance to drop a Peridot or Aquamarine instead.
    Why gods why? The ring is the reason I stuck around for Demonic Overlord - guess I'll be passing up on this from now on. Gj Cryptic!
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    'The bonus "Demonic Overload" Heroic Encounter no longer drops a ring, but has a chance to drop a Peridot or Aquamarine instead.'

I have to agree with lirithiel on this one. The chance of getting a ring from the bonus 'Demonic Encounter' is the only reason for bothering with it. Reducing the option to a Peridot or Aquamarine just removed the main/only incentive for hanging around to complete it.

'+4 Epic rings dropped from Underdark content now have an additional Enchantment slot.
    They all now have one Offense and one Defense slot.'

Will existing +4 Epic rings be upgraded in this way as well or will they just retain their single slot status, i.e. will it only be +4 rings that drop after the patch that have this feature rather than all of them ? It would be really nice if this feature was retroactive :)
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

The bonus "Demonic Overload" Heroic Encounter no longer drops a ring, but has a chance to drop a Peridot or Aquamarine instead.
    Why gods why? The ring is the reason I stuck around for Demonic Overlord - guess I'll be passing up on this from now on. Gj Cryptic!

Pffft. In WoD it doesn't even take half a minute. Even for a peridot that's worth sticking around for.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

lirithiel said:

Pffft. In WoD it doesn't even take half a minute. Even for a peridot that's worth sticking around for.

Then we agree to disagree. When 1 Peridot = 3,000 AD I may consider it but right now, forget it.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    qexotic said:

Will existing +4 Epic rings be upgraded in this way as well or will they just retain their single slot status, i.e. will it only be +4 rings that drop after the patch that have this feature rather than all of them ? It would be really nice if this feature was retroactive :)

Yes, this was confirmed by the devs on the Preview forums.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Looking good.

Although I think the lvl15 rule on friend requests will do little good. Most spammers in PE are lvl15 or higher already. It's just a 4 hour delaying tactic that doesn't lead anywhere.

Honest question: can't you just hide the people search tabs in the social window? That alone would solve a LOT of dungeon spamming. I understand that the system itself is required to chat over multiple instances, but that doesn't mean they have to be able to see people throughout the game.

Well, i tried explaining in the preview patch notes, that this will not work against AD sellers, and i suggested that friend requests should only work, when both friends are in the same group... but i got no answer on it.
    lirithiel said:

Probably because most players salvaged that ring for 3.3k rAD... and it's really hard to understand, why they remove a rAD option, when we need more of them.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    Stability and Performance

A memory leak in the cloth drawing system has been addressed.
    Another rare deadlock in the VFX system has been addressed.

Is this the reason I have been experiencing Direct X errors (sync query, device resets,Device Hung, polygon instance creation, etc), crashes and freezes since a few weeks ago ??

Please please answer yes or no, so I can continue with looking for a solution, I can't play the game anymore.
    Check here for more details arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1211646/constant-direct-x-crashes-at-times-cant-play-the-game-at-all
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I will have to agree.

Do you know how REALLY boring it is to do these things.. that are foisted on us? HEs are basically some of the most boring content you ever gave us to farm.

Yet AT least we could make a odd 50k doing the 40-50 we were going to have to do for each weapon set.

This makes them even more worthless.. I cant wait until I have the twisty weapons i need for my toons and be doing with this crazy module.

I simply do not AT all understand.. frankly I would ask for higher % of rings drop.. as there were sometimes I would go 10 without getting one.

If you ADDED a random perdiot or aquamarine into them.. I wouldve been happy.. but now getting a random peridot every 4-5th run vs 3300 AD .. pitiful !!!!

ack to you all.

the rest of the patch notes is fine.. but this isnt.

• Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    "The bonus "Demonic Overload" Heroic Encounter no longer drops a ring, but has a chance to drop a Peridot or Aquamarine instead."

Umm... can I ask why? Though I know I'm not going to get an answer to this.

This is a mistake. Why are you again punishing players who are doing the content?!?! Isn't that what was said months ago? That you want to reward players for doing content... so why are the rings taken out?

Sigh... -shakes head- I just don't get you guys sometimes. Well... guess there really isn't a reason to do Demonic HE's anymore.

I can get peridots from Dragon Hoard Enchants...

Oh, and can it be confirmed... is Gate Crashers running this weekend (2/4 to 2/8) or is it next weekend (2/11 to 2/15) ALSO are we having a double RP event next weekend????
  • Options

Oh, and can it be confirmed... is Gate Crashers running this weekend (2/4 to 2/8) or is it next weekend (2/11 to 2/15) ALSO are we having a double RP event next weekend????

Why is there confusion suddenly? If you look on the in-game calendar it shows 2 x RP weekend taking place on Feb 11-15 last time I checked. If you clearly read Strum's post he said EXTRA events were being added to fill in the spaces, not what was coming up in the next few weeks.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    Looks good thanks
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I echo the outrage at removing rings from the Overloads. Now our only reason to do them is so we don't have to wait the 5 minutes or so for the next chance at a ring to pop up.

The HE's were monotonous but at least they technically improved the rAD farming grind. Now despite all of the bluster about how you're dedicated to resolving that issue, you decide to stab us in the eyes, instead.

WHY?
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Why is there confusion suddenly? If you look on the in-game calendar it shows 2 x RP weekend taking place on Feb 11-15 last time I checked. If you clearly read Strum's post he said EXTRA events were being added to fill in the spaces, not what was coming up in the next few weeks.
    It's really not confusion, more so confirmation.
    I have been with Cryptic for 6 years (STO and NW combined) and I have seen the ol switch-a-roo too many times.

I just want to make sure that by adding NEW events to the weekends (which i applaud) they aren't taking away ones that people are waiting for and anticipating.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

I guess you missed the part of where it says they have to have purchsed zen or a pack as well, its not just level 15

The word they used is OR, not AND.

• Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Really like the these patch notes some really positive fixes there.
    the "Demonic Overload" Heroic Encounter is disappointing but since I rarely do them anyway it should not have any affect at all.

Could you please do some thing about players switching to other toons while in EDEMO to avoid the penalty for leaving. I feel it is unfair to leave your toon in a disconnected state and login with other toon and do edemo on that toon. 3 players did that in a edemo I did today. On a hunch I used find person(from social- O) using their @handle and sure enough there they were in other edemo while dc'd in the edemo I was in. No penalty for leaving at all. Please also concider making the penalty account wide not just current character on leaving PVP,Demo,Edemo or skirmish.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Another AD nerf :(
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I'll have to take another look at +4 rings when I get them. My primary issue was lack of double enchants. Perhaps I will see a +5 with the doubling of chance (doubtful).
  • Options
    reg#6121 reg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Has the drop rate been doubled for the +5 rings on PoM as well, or just for eDemo/Demo?
  • Options
    rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    reg#6121 said:

Has the drop rate been doubled for the +5 rings on PoM as well, or just for eDemo/Demo?

That's true, JUST FOR Demo and eDemo. (as stated in patch)
    That's BAD, i mean, there are other rings not just theese from demo
This discussion has been closed.