test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Maze Engine - Stables / Mount question

josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
Probably a question for the devs but I'll post it here anyway:

Are the stables going to fill from the pets on a characters "collection page" or from physical pets in the inventory?
I only ask cause I was just burning a lot of my unused mounts last week to free up space. Oops? :P
If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Oops.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Dev blog tomorrow. But yeah, oops, because one of the things revealed in yesterday's AMA is that there will be a mount bag for everything we don't have actively slotted.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,292 Arc User
    I hope it is free.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

I hope it is free.

It is highly probable that there will be a certain amount of space for free with an option to buy more, based on other bag space models in NW.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    well there are no change to free players, the powers are unlocked by the mounts, so if want the ap gain, you need to get the mount with that first, and then you can use on any mount you want, so basicaly it changes nothing, just a bag for anyone with 2 or more mounts.
  • Options
    kaenkirakaenkira Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    You should be able to use any mount as "skin" combined with epic/legendary speed of another mount you own. Looks like there's no other way to upgrade speed directly other than buying mount with that speed.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    tousseau said:

Is it tomorrow yet?

In due time.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I hope it is free.

It is highly probable that there will be a certain amount of space for free with an option to buy more, based on other bag space models in NW.
    Well I mean there's your professions tab which has a giant bag. I don't think there'd be much point to creating incentives for people to buy mounts and then restricting their space for them. The people that are going to be using this the most are already their biggest customers, no need to bleed them anymore than necessary.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

I hope it is free.

Well I mean there's your professions tab which has a giant bag. I don't think there'd be much point to creating incentives for people to buy mounts and then restricting their space for them. The people that are going to be using this the most are already their biggest customers, no need to bleed them anymore than necessary.
    People who collect companions are also major customers, and they have to pay for their extra space. The costs are fairly nominal, but do exist. So my guess is the model will be similar, but it's only a guess. I could be wrong.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    urabask said:

I hope it is free.

They could do something like where each mount you buy from the Zen store gives you X additional mount slots, and they could offer additional mount storage slots as a separate purchase as well. This would reward people who buy mounts from the store with additional storage, while also offering a way of getting them for those that prefer to use the ones bought for gold, obtained from events, or won from lockboxes/bought from the AH instead.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User

how about you wait for the blogs? Just a thought..

Just thought I'd be proactive for a change on the off chance the dev's didn't think about it. ^_~
    Admittedly I'm also leaning towards "oops" at this stage. C'est la vie. *shrug*
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I highly doubt they will give you the mounts that are checked of the collections page. I would think this change is to hopefully make mount collecting more appealing to everyone. As the way the changes to the companions did. Before you got a mount and if it was not bound you just ran it thru the alts to check off achievement and than posted on ah to hopefully get something of value. Now it looks like collecting them will be more fun and valuable to do.

My questions are more how will the account wide mounts will be affected. Will they still be account wide unlocks? Will they still be obtained in the same ways?

Can not wait to see how this all plays out. Looking forward to reading the blogs and what not.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    very nice, that one of ideas we have waiting for packbags and bank, appearances would be next new tab sometime soon later? i love those DCUO costume menu, once you found it, it go to 'collection' page.