test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hosting 1 v 1 tournament this Sunday

level0netraumalevel0netrauma Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hey guys,
This is Elazar from Asylum. Some of you may have already attended the previous 1 v 1 tournaments from the past two Sundays that I have hosted. So far the turnout has been great and I am enjoying the feedback from everyone. For this week I am shooting for 4 pm est as this seems to be a good medium for NA and EU guys. Tentative rules will be as follows:
1. All classes allowed, but forst round fights will be limited to 7 minutes. Each round you win the time limit will be increased by 1 minute for the next round
2. No stamina drains or ap drains
3. No active companions, but you are allowed active bonus from your companion
4. An entrance fee is optional for players to use towards prizes to winners
5. No gifts of faith please. This was an issue last week.
6. My stream will start an hour before start time as this will give people time to sign up last minute besides the forums.
7. 2 v 2's may be implemented depending on feedback.
7. Finally these are tentative rules. More may be added but this setup seems to be the most fair. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for the awesome turnout so far. Hopefully we can make this into a weekly regular thing and add some flavor to the game. Again 4 pm eat in IWD this Sunday, January 17th. Instance to be announced. If you wish to participate please comment in the thread and I can add you to the list.

In game: Elazar
GT: level0netrauma
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/level0netrauma

Comments

• Options
    s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    UPDATE:

hi,

the trial for the live stream 1 vs 1 event this past sunday turns out to be very positive and around 50+ ppl shows up!! this is 1 of the way we try to promote this game to the community and to new players.

we have decided to make this into a permanent live event every sunday of the week. for this coming sunday, on 01/10/16, 1 of the devs is going to be our guest star attending the 1 vs 1 event and who knows the devs might join in the fun too, spread the word and get your friends and guildies to join us for this event and have fun!!

The ground rules:

1. All classes allowed, but first round fights will be limited to 7 minutes. Each round you win the time limit will be increased by 1 minute for the next round
    2. No stamina drains or ap drains
    3. No active companions, but you are allowed active bonus from your companion
    4. An entrance fee is optional for players to use towards prizes to winners
    5. No gifts of faith please. This was an issue last week.
    6. My stream will start an hour before start time as this will give people time to sign up last minute besides the forums.
    7. 2 v 2's may be implemented depending on feedback.
    7. Finally these are tentative rules. More may be added but this setup seems to be the most fair. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.

1 vs 1 event will start this sunday at 4 pm est, 1 pm pst and we will announce it 30 min on the IWD zone chat. see you all out there!!

send me, eleazar of ASYLUM or Low Lite of Quantum a pm in game for more question or information

Eleazar will be in the ten town faction and I will be in arcane brotherhood faction, to make it easier for everyone to pm us for invite to our instance.

Post edited by s4v10rx on
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options

This sounds like fun.

yeap...were u there last week?

i know the A team of denial, LGPG, The nation, JHSF, Hazardous nation, Genocide shows up for the event
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • Options

No i was not there, but quick question, how does it work with clerics and pallys?

think dps dc can join but not hast/faith dc. pally can join without spamming buble. eleazar and low tide is able to explain to u more as they r host, i'm just the usher to make sure everything run smoothly
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • Options
    azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    are there rules? I heard no drains or wards, which is cool. but I think you guys should ban cube, its effect is beyond broken, some people rocking 20k armor pen and multiplies thanks to it.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    azuosed89 said:

are there rules? I heard no drains or wards, which is cool. but I think you guys should ban cube, its effect is beyond broken, some people rocking 20k armor pen and multiplies thanks to it.

no ap or stamina drain, comps got to be unsummon, no pally or healer as those battle takes a long time. this week winner for the 1 vs 1 pvp match is iamtacquito a CW from paragon gaming.

Ankou, Khan and some other Denial was there too..great turns out and hopefully we can have it on daily basis and if it becomes really big, we are going to have rewards and prizes for it, gonna discuss about the rewards and prizes.

we are going to move it to saturday as most of the gamers is free on saturday night instead of sunday. will update this once we have confirmation.

comments or suggestion to make the 1 vs 1 event better is more than welcome!!

Post edited by s4v10rx on
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Hey good luck to everyone who fights in these, I have never been in to PvP so have earned a total of 242 Glory over 1500hrs of gameplay lol :)

But if I am around I`ll come along to one of these, I will probably get wrecked by everything in sight though as I have no Tenacity :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

Hey good luck to everyone who fights in these, I have never been in to PvP so have earned a total of 242 Glory over 1500hrs of gameplay lol :)

But if I am around I`ll come along to one of these, I will probably get wrecked by everything in sight though as I have no Tenacity :)

Once you get started you may just get addicted. :)

I was strictly PVE for probably my first 1000+ hours and had a 3500 CW and 2800 HR. Our typical group would run eLol and Shores probably 10+ times a day always under 10 minute runs and as quick as 6 minutes. Unfortunately after the 1000th+ time this started getting old and I was getting burnt out. Thats when I decided to try PVP.

I got my butt handed to me but in a strange way it was fun because I actually had to think again and couldn't just sleep walk through it like I was able to in any T2 with our group.

Now I have been messing around with PVP about a month and have a full set of PVP gear and my CW just wrecks! I am far from the best and still get owned by CW's that have been PVP'ing for many mods but I can certainly hold my own and the challenge has gotten me interested in the game once again.

I may have to show up to this one week but I still have a long way to go until I can compete with the best. Only one way to get better though I guess. :)
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Yeah it can get fairly stale at the top end of PvE due to the lack of Dungeons and Skirmishes now. It really is a silly move by the game Dev`s to remove the old dungeons for "re-working!", I cannoy think of 1 good reason why they would need to remove them at all... People still want the old gear and something to run, some of them were really fun like Castle Never etc. The new gear is better than the old gear, yes fair enough but no need to actually remove all the old gear, the dungeons could have been re-worked without actually taking them offline... Anyhoo I rant and digress.

@boom782 I used to do a lot of fight clubs in Dark Souls 1 and then some in DS2, gave the game a fresh feel after I was on like NG+7 ha ha, anyhoo I`m in the Guild that hosts these so I`ll deffo come along for some fun at some point. One of the reasons I have not done any PvP now is I really don't want to be a burden on my team/group as I imagine most enemies will be geared up as well.

I just wished that we could have earned some Glory etc whilst doing PvP in IWD, I did a fair bit of that whilst questing and killed quite a few enemies and lost to quite a few as well. I think I am just imagining PvP just to be full of Pally Bubbles + DC which does not take my fancy at all.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    This sounds fun, when we get our lionsmane in a few days I would love to watch/participate. Is there any ground rules to it?
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    wdj40 said:

Yeah it can get fairly stale at the top end of PvE due to the lack of Dungeons and Skirmishes now. It really is a silly move by the game Dev`s to remove the old dungeons for "re-working!", I cannoy think of 1 good reason why they would need to remove them at all... People still want the old gear and something to run, some of them were really fun like Castle Never etc. The new gear is better than the old gear, yes fair enough but no need to actually remove all the old gear, the dungeons could have been re-worked without actually taking them offline... Anyhoo I rant and digress.

@boom782 I used to do a lot of fight clubs in Dark Souls 1 and then some in DS2, gave the game a fresh feel after I was on like NG+7 ha ha, anyhoo I`m in the Guild that hosts these so I`ll deffo come along for some fun at some point. One of the reasons I have not done any PvP now is I really don't want to be a burden on my team/group as I imagine most enemies will be geared up as well.

I just wished that we could have earned some Glory etc whilst doing PvP in IWD, I did a fair bit of that whilst questing and killed quite a few enemies and lost to quite a few as well. I think I am just imagining PvP just to be full of Pally Bubbles + DC which does not take my fancy at all.

most of the premade will come with bubbles and dc, but if you join strong hold siege and GG, there will be more ppl that you can pvp with and against. i encourage you to try SH siege and GG as it's really fun, dom is more for hardcore pvper.

well u r more than welcome to come, hang and enjoy the event and during this event ppl usually have enough respect for each other not to attack tho there's some trolls yesterday that was trolling in the event but the participant and us took care of the troll =)

Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    zman81420 said:

This sounds fun, when we get our lionsmane in a few days I would love to watch/participate. Is there any ground rules to it?

no drains or wards, no glitch, no pally or dc as pally and dc match takes a long time. you can pot and you got to unsummon your companion. those are the basic rules, we try not to have too many rules and regulations, as it will be boring. we want this event to b as fun and enjoyable as possible where individuals can really show their pvp skill and rotation unlike dom, siege or GG where is all about teamwork.

Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • Options
    very fun, i couldn't participate the last one. I heard Khan did good though! I am scared of those OP TRs SE me every 15 seconds onlky;p
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    azuosed89 said:

very fun, i couldn't participate the last one. I heard Khan did good though! I am scared of those OP TRs SE me every 15 seconds onlky;p

yeah it is fun, the best match last week is alteron vs tacquito and the match ended up in draw, tho the fans wanna see alteron vs viper and hopefully we can have that match this coming weekend. do you have any gwf u want to go against? let us know so that we can put u on the list

we try to get the matches going base on what the fans want to spectate/see tho sometimes it's hard because of their responsibilities and jobs in real life
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • Options
    i wanna go against all;p. I am not near 4k IL, but I think I can compete with them for sure.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    azuosed89 said:

i wanna go against all;p. I am not near 4k IL, but I think I can compete with them for sure.

love ur confidence and expect nothing less from denial, see u guys there this week as i'm sure you guys is going to enjoy the pvp =)

Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • Options

I missed it, but ill be there this weeks. Looks like im respeccing again lol.

yeah, we gonna have it every week, need to confirm of changing the day to every sat instead of sun. ur warlock build is great bro especially ur LS, went epic dungeon once with u, and i'm sure if u wear lionsmane pvp gear, u r set to go.
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • Options
    indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    So to be clear, this happens on Saturday now at 9pm EST, and its no companions and any potions? It sounds like fun.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • Options

@s4v10rx thanks, i did alot of experimenting. I recently gave the build out and a few key tips, im hoping to see a few more ppl rock the warlock, try to change the perception that we are a useless class lol, while handicapped, not completely useless.

for those other that think warlock is useless doesn't really know the right build, with the right build warlock can melt everybody, the top warlock in our guild can melt the top pally in dom not only once but lots of times.

n4 u respec let me confirm with the other host and find out which warlock tree that can't be used as we try to minimize time and try to get as much match as possible
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • Options
    indylol said:

So to be clear, this happens on Saturday now at 9pm EST, and its no companions and any potions? It sounds like fun.

got to unsummon your comp tho we allow the participants to get the benefits from your comp, potion is allowed. i will put all the basic rules in this game b4 this week match event
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • Options

Lol, there is a warlock tree that cant be used? Why?

lots of ppl complain that warlock tree is way too op and easy to glitch, still waiting for our guild leaders and host to meet in game to finalize the day, time and the ground rule

Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • Options
    level0netraumalevel0netrauma Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Pooopoo I think it's the binding fury glitch or something like that
  • Options
    indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    So in the last thread i saw potions were ok, now i dont see anything about them.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter