test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T.Terror and rumored change to T.Feytouched: comparison (need some math)

pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
I've been using T.Terror in PvP for quite a bit now. What it does, or is supposed to do, is a 40% debuff on defense stat and power stat, right?
What i thought when i crafted it was this (wanted to use something different from the overperforming T.Fey):

40% debuff on defense, considering it's 1%DR=400 def, should result in:

enemy with 5000 def (i.e. GWF)--->2000 def debuff=5% DR debuff
enemy with 10000 def (paladin/GF?)--->4000 def debuff= 10% DR debuff

So even on tanks, not much on the offensive side, right? Even less against squishies.

Now, on the defensive side, instead, BiS PvPers can go up to 20k+ power right now. Geared ones are usually at 16-17k or more, if i'm not mistaken.
Now, a 40% debuff on power should result, on a 20k power toon, in a 8k power debuff= 20% bonus debuff.
How does it relate to the T.Fey 18% damage debuff on enemy (math)?

Also, i've heard that T.Fey might become a 20s cooldown/10s duration, like bronzewood. Would still be better than terror overall for some classes? (18% damage buff and 3-enemies-wide damage debuff for 10s every 20s).

Looks to me that T.Fey is overall better thanks to the higher buff to damage (18% vs every class vs 10% at best vs tanks), but terror gives a bit more debuff on the enemy attack? Or am i missing some math.

If T.Feytouched gets rebalanced it would give, OVERALL 18%/2= 9% damage buff and enemy damage debuff (considering the 50% uptime), while T.Terror would be 10-20% enemy damage debuff (10k to 20k power, can still "spread" using AoE attacks) and 5%-10% damage buff (depending on the target)?

Comments

• Options
    azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    Where is this information of Trans fey nerf coming from? is it on the preview? I am asking because I am from xbox, and trying to plan ahead.

One thing you need to keep in mind, at least on xbox we tested the terror enchantment, and for some reason the power debuff on pvp is halved. So instead of debuffing 40% it is debuffing 20% only.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    As i wrote in the title, just a rumor i've heard from a guildie.
    It's really only 20%? That's bad. And seriously, no reason for that. It should debuff 40% properly. Will try to check on PC how it works when i can login.
  • Options
    tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    Yeah, he's right, in PC version the T.Terror debuff the power only of 20% instead of 40% , tried more and more time on IWD with a friend, no problem for the 40% debuff on defence, but the power is bebuffed only of 20%. Hope that one day they will correct this too...
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Will post in the bug report section...
  • Options
    Would also be nice to know if this is WAI and we can expect a fix, or if the devs really want T.Terror power debuff to be halved on players.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I've had a terror for ages, wish they'd fix it too.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Did some testing yesterday. My frind took me down from 21.5k pow to 17.1k. We'd have tested the defence side but then some TR came and one shot my friend lol.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    Yeah. Around 4k=20% instead of 40%. I tested it too. :/
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    morenthar said:

azuosed89 said:

Where is this information of Trans fey nerf coming from? is it on the preview? I am asking because I am from xbox, and trying to plan ahead.

One thing you need to keep in mind, at least on xbox we tested the terror enchantment, and for some reason the power debuff on pvp is halved. So instead of debuffing 40% it is debuffing 20% only.

It's all rumors started by people who want to get it nerfed. Could it still get nerfed? Sure. As with all things Neverwinter, those that don't have it, want it nerfed. The reality is that it isn't even the best option for a lot of builds, which is why you still see a ton of people using other enchantments. Vorpal still being the shining example of that.
    trans fey should have the same cooldown and chance as holy avenger.

and i have the enchant...............
    http://postimg.org/image/5gssuhssv/

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

morenthar said:

azuosed89 said:

It's all rumors started by people who want to get it nerfed. Could it still get nerfed? Sure. As with all things Neverwinter, those that don't have it, want it nerfed. The reality is that it isn't even the best option for a lot of builds, which is why you still see a ton of people using other enchantments. Vorpal still being the shining example of that.

Just buff avenger, not make all enchants a pile of @#$% and leave vorpal as undisputed king.

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

morenthar said:

azuosed89 said:

Just buff avenger, not make all enchants a pile of @#$% and leave vorpal as undisputed king.

who is the king ? i expect a buff to vorpal then for +75% severity to have some noticeable difference vs feytouched in pvp.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Buffing vorpal? Lol this is a PVE orientated game, PVP=c.rap and we all know that, right?
    Vorpal is by far the most efficient enchant damagewise
    Nerf feytouched 10sec CD
    PVP can't be cured its broken for ever, only solution would be some kind of PVP without all that broken HAMSTER
    that could work: 2 queues, one for the ones who like it the way it is and one for skilled player who like a fair contest
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    T.Fey with 20s cd-10s up is balanced. If they make the change.
    Would be in line with a bronzewood.
    Vorpal is the DPS choice in PvE and kind of balanced in PvP if T.Fey is changed.
    Other enchants i think need a buff to be on par with others.

Terror, vorpal, bronzewood, seem all balanced in PvP to me.
    T.Fey would be balanced with the changed uptime to 50%.
    Flaming, Plaguefire, frost, lighting, bilethorn, holy avenger...might be a bit behind and need a buff/ rework to be as useful as the above enchants.

Armor enchants instead need a real rebalance cause right now Negation >>>>all. Scales better and have better sinergy wirh tenacity ArP resistance in PvP.
    Other enchants need a serious buff to be at the same level.
  • Options
    xfreddoxfreddo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    pvp is HAMSTER up by complainers... try to assemble some strategy against op classes, work with ur team, and u will have ur fun
    Freddo Esarca Gelido
    - Legio Invicta guild member
    - Vermillion Alliance member
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    Making high level enchants of any kind a must have is still a paywall for new players, regardless of the flavor of the enchantment.
  • Options
    @ xfreddo

Nope. PvP is HAMSTER by:

- lack of item-enchant balance making some of them BiS and well above the rest, then priced very high
    - Lack of decent matchmaking. There,s no strategy when the game makes 1 team filled with 2k toons, and the other filled with 3k+ or a premade
    - Lack of balanced mechanics
    - Lame stompers who just enjoy (ab)using the above flaws to alienate the normal players who try to pvp. Just made some nice screens of players sitting on a node to do not let the enemy cap, in a 900-60 match. One of the guys from a very famous and "aggressive" pvp guild. Enemies were all under the reward threesold. At the end we were 2 left and they kept sitting on the node. Laughing. Want the screens, to see which players really HAMSTER pvp?

This behaviour and the overgeared kids who abuse game flaws to behave this way, are the main reason why pvp is HAMSTER. T.Fey is known to be outperforming the other enchants since ages now. Saying so is not complaining. Just decribing current state of the game
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    The truth is enchantment based on weapon damage are a fail. Fey and vorpal arent overperforming, they do what every enchant should do.
    Like negation and elven arent overperforming, enchantment based on crappy level scaling effects once every 30 seconds are underwhelming.
    We lack enchantments against repels, or enchantments with a "come in" effect (sort of come and get it), enchantments to buff deflect, enchantments with a "true life leaching" effect.
    Bilethorn, lightning, terror, holy avenger are all good enchantment but the need some buffs to scale with the power creep.

Its the same reason for which hr damage is getting pathetic more and more with new mods coming. Their whole (and i mean 50% and more for some) is based on weapon damage procs which just doesnt scale well into late game
  • Options
    morenthar said:

@pando83

T. Fey isn't even the best enchantment for all builds. Vorpal is actually the most desirable enchantment for most people.

If you really want to nerf T. Fey, that's fine. But you'll have to take Vorpal down with it. I'd actually have no problem with that. As long as all enchantments are on the same level.

Bottom line is another SERIOUS pass on enchantments needs to be done.

Nope. Reason: Vorpal is already "nerfed" in PvP by tenacity--->crit resistance. In the end, in PvP vorpal boost to crit is cut off, already nerfing it when compared to enchants that just boost any type of hit (normal or crit).
    Now, T.Fey boosts ALL hits by 18% + reduces by 18% incoming damage from 3 enemies, with 100% uptime.

So no, for PvP at least, a 50% uptime would just bring T.Fey at the same level of a T.Vorpal which is under crit resistance that cuts off a good portion of the crit boost given by the enchant.

Also, T.Fey has extra damage (small) attacked to it, which however makes a huge difference for GWF stacks build in PvP (makes it twice as fast compared to Vorpal) and adds up for classes with DoTs.

In fact, most classes use T.Fey. BiS PvPers use T.Fey 99% of the times. Not Vorpal. Ask yourself why.
    Look at PvPers from PvP guilds and tell me how many T.Fey and how many T.Vorpal users. I can already tell you: most of them use T.Fey. Be it CW, HR, GWF, GF...anything except, maybe and sometimes, TRs, for obvious reasons (ability to avoid damage and 100% crit chance from stealth + piercing daily NOT affected by tenacity.....)

The enchant IS overperforming and outperforming all the other enchants.

I'm even fine leaving it as it is if they buff all the other enchants.

100% uptime on bronzewood + increased % of piercing damage
    Buff to T.Vorpal buffs/ debuffs up from 2% to 20% single target
    and the same for all the other enchants. Enchants that only have offensive power must get a HUGE boost to deal MORE damage than T.Fey considering how T.Fey boosts survivability (flat 18% reduction of enemy damage multitarget), T.Terror should properly debuff 40% enemy power and deal higher necro damage ticks. And so on.

I'm fine with that too. Same for armor enchants vs Negation/ T.Neg.

How do you compare a resurrection every 75 seconds at less than 10% total HP, with 30% more DR easily stacked, all the time?
    Same goes for other enchants.

All armor/ weapon enchants are under cooldown or some condition, or give a slight buff with 100% uptime. Only T.Fey and T.Neg give HUGE buffs with no limitations.

One thing for sure: current situation is unbalanced. Greatly unbalanced. Since 2 modules now.

Be it a tone down or a buff of other enchants, something should be done.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    in reality t. fey has a big downside
    it doesnt proc the buff on aoe skills.

for example you dont get buffs on cordon of arrow, smoke bomb, path of the blade, thorn ward, rain of arrow and so on but ye im all for buffing underwhelming enchants. This means when you use one of those skills and the buffs doesnt proc you wasted 20 seconds of enchantments bring its uptime to 0.
    they are just a trap for noob.
    weapon based enchantments dont even scale with your own or external buffs
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    nerfing feytouch would be another step back for the game in my opinion.

Right now theres a few desired enchants, vorpal, feytouch, maybe terror. (plague for pve)

nerf feytouch and you bring us back to the beginning, where vorpal is everything. The other enchantments need to be buffed up, some may even rival vorpal (the horror!)
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I wrote that exactly because i was referring to what you wrote dude
    Bottom line is another SERIOUS pass on enchantments needs to be done.
    Even if it does not proc off AoEs, it AoEs on single target attacks. It only has a downside if you do not pay attention to the buff. That's not really a big "downside" because every class is either using, in PvP, single target powers or a mix.
    If you open a fight with a single target attack, you get 20s of effect. Which is enough advantage to kill a player or at least get a significant advantage.
    Now, even if after that you use an AoE and miss the debuff on enemies, it still leaves you with a 18% damage boost on all kind of attacks.

P.Vorpal+ is a 50% ON CRITS, further reduced by a 30-35% crit resistance coming from tenacity. Now, i don't know the math but i'm pretty sure that even just the offensive buff with 100% uptime makes T.Fey good enough to be as good as a vorpal for PvP damage.
    Plus, you can have 20s of full advantage (buff+debuff) at the start of the fight.

Get the idea?
    Obviously if you shoot powers randomly, then enchants are the least of your problems (generic player).

I'd say if it was really that big of a disadvantage, no PvPer would use it. But it isn't. Plus works with any mix of stats, while Vorpal forces you to stack crit UNLESS you're a TR, more or less.
    AND reduces piercing damage. May be the only real defense, even more than a negation enchant.

Weapon enchant obviously does not scale with buffs or it would be crazy. But helps some builds, such as destroyers with their stacks. Now try to build stacks in PvP with a vorpal or with a Fey enchant. See the difference. Twice as fast.

Just keep in mind that keeping it like this means a HUGE buff to other enchants. And some buff to Vorpal TOO.

Cause it's not nearly as good as T.Fey. If it wasn't under crit resistance, it would be on par. But this isn't the case. So you should at least buff T.Vorpal debuff to enemy.

And won't even start with armor enchants. T.Neg still light years ahead of anything else except, may be, Elven.

• Options
    the debuff works almost always, the buffs no and goes on cooldown anyways.

by the way negation is going to be as cheap as lightning in a couple of weeks
  • Options
    O.o why?

Some hidden news? Didn't hear anything.

BTW...i think the solution is not "all use the same enchant"...we need diversity and more choice ^_^