test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

no new sales?

dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
no weekly sales?

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    It does seem odd that there hasn't been one for, what, 2 weeks now? I hope we get one this week...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    They've pretty much JUST been running weekend sales for the last several weeks. Dunno why they changed it from the weekly sales.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We've been doing weekend category sales instead of making specific items on sale.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User

We've been doing weekend category sales instead of making specific items on sale.

so we get refinements sale this weekend right?

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

@strumslinger That's all well and good, but since the category sales are never more than 20% (maybe the occasional HUGE sale a few times a year, like NW has historically done anyway), the discount usually isn't much better than getting a coupon, and we get buckets of coupons from invoking. The sale price is ok if you needed to buy a ton of a single item all at once, but the really awesome deals of 50-66% off one particular item were a good incentive for buyers like me to get something that I didn't really need but just sort of wanted, and even 33% would make me think about it pretty seriously. 20% off when I end up chucking so many 15%-20% off coupons on a daily basis just isn't interesting.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

@strumslinger That's all well and good, but since the category sales are never more than 20% (maybe the occasional HUGE sale a few times a year, like NW has historically done anyway), the discount usually isn't much better than getting a coupon, and we get buckets of coupons from invoking. The sale price is ok if you needed to buy a ton of a single item all at once, but the really awesome deals of 50-66% off one particular item were a good incentive for buyers like me to get something that I didn't really need but just sort of wanted, and even 33% would make me think about it pretty seriously. 20% off when I end up chucking so many 15%-20% off coupons on a daily basis just isn't interesting.
    so the *obvious* step for them judging from past strategies is to nerf the coupons now.