test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stronghold Siege PvP Maintenance 9/15 at 7AM PDT

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Update: Maintenance is complete!

Well met, adventurers! We're having our Stronghold Siege PvP Maintenance tomorrow 9/15 at 7AM PDT for roughly 2 hours. Patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9550473

Make sure to hop on over to our stream while the game undergoes maintenance: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9550523

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    I hope everyone remembers to collect their final leadership tasks before 7am PDT.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Astral Diamond Changes
    Daily quests have been removed in favor of awarding AD when completing Skirmishes, Dungeons or Domination PvP content.
    Domination PvP now has AD added to the completion of this content up to a daily cap.
    The Skirmish and Dungeon hourly events have been removed from the rotation in favor of just awarding AD for completion of this content up to a daily cap.
    More detailed information about these changes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1203585/astral-diamond-changes
    Time to hibernate methinks. I hope that when I return there will be some semblance of the game I enjoyed, not the moribund shell we have now.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Dammit why did I think we had until Thursday for the NWO world to end. Ah well so long and thanks for all the fish!
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    Just as expected cryptic never takes its community's feedback.
    It is the same thing over and over. You release a patch with broken and unbalanced stuff despited all the feedback given before going live, then months later you realize that was game-breaking and you "take" people's point of views and start making some fixes, too late for that.

Is it hard to understand that you guys are literally HAMSTER your game?. Whats the new crytpic boss doing?. You never think of your community's concerns, but their wallet as always.
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    You really pick a bad timing to do leadership change. See nobody cares about the new pvp siege. And it is so obvious that this will happen. Give more AD to players by playing dungeons , skirmish and pvp first, then gradually nerf leadership AD. Things will look much better.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    b4rb4r1kb4rb4r1k Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I have a feeling the stream will amount to a mass of unhappy ex-players asking poor Strum why he didn't head this off when there was a chance and talking about what games they will be headed to next XD
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Just when I had started to spend money on the game again

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1200120/i-spent-money-today

Cryptic decides to undermine the trust they were slowly rebuilding with me by removing AD from Leadership, even though there are many good suggestions for a measured and balanced change in the official thread, rather than this nerf-it-all solution.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1203585/astral-diamond-changes

Alienated customers don't spend real money. Scott Shicoff if you are reading this, have someone in customer service look up how much real money I have spent. It's not the many thousands of dollars some claim to have spent, but it's not pocket change either. I really, really want this game to be successful, to respect its players, and to find financial success for its creators. As things stand, I'm back to "not spending more real money". Please do something to change my mind again.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    b4rb4r1kb4rb4r1k Member Posts: 19 Arc User

Just when I had started to spend money on the game again

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1200120/i-spent-money-today

Cryptic decides to undermine the trust they were slowly rebuilding with me by removing AD from Leadership, even though there are many good suggestions for a measured and balanced change in the official thread, rather than this nerf-it-all solution.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1203585/astral-diamond-changes

Alienated customers don't spend real money. Scott Shicoff if you are reading this, have someone in customer service look up how much real money I have spent. It's not the many thousands of dollars some claim to have spent, but it's not pocket change either. I really, really want this game to be successful, to respect its players, and to find financial success for its creators. As things stand, I'm back to "not spending more real money". Please do something to change my mind again.

Best bet is just walk away with the rest of us tomorrow. Check back in a month or so when hopefully Mr. "I_Dont_Care_Wut_U_Think" Shicoff and his policies are no longer a part of this game. I might check back around Mod 8 and see what that's about. I don't have high hopes though considering all that has happened with the last few mods.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User

Well met, adventurers! We're having our Stronghold Siege PvP Maintenance tomorrow 9/15 at 7AM PDT for roughly 2 hours

2 hours? is that a lie or a typo? just tell us the truth that the estimated time is 5 hours

Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User

Dammit why did I think we had until Thursday for the NWO world to end. Ah well so long and thanks for all the fish!

Well, they want to let the players enjoy the great Stronghold PvP of course...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    blureelblureel Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    All I can say is if stronghold pvp is anything like regular (5v5) PvP, then this game is done. I just finished 2 straight matches of mismatched teams. my team with 0 kills out of all 5 players and the other team with chars who can't die even with 3 v1.

Now picture that with 20 v 20 with PvP guilds. Solo play is dead in this game and Cryptic just doesn't seem to care...
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Wooo. More dumb **** for the 1% of the people playing this game that actually care about PVP.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    blureel said:

All I can say is if stronghold pvp is anything like regular (5v5) PvP, then this game is done. I just finished 2 straight matches of mismatched teams. my team with 0 kills out of all 5 players and the other team with chars who can't die even with 3 v1.

Now picture that with 20 v 20 with PvP guilds. Solo play is dead in this game and Cryptic just doesn't seem to care...

it will be much worse. you opponent will be full pvp guild and your team will be you and afkers and bots

• Options
    cheyennemountaincheyennemountain Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Well, I'd opened my wallet for VIP because it seemed they were starting to listen to feedback and communicate better in general.
    By instigating this without considering the vast AD sinks that are disproportionate to the new model of the economy, I will not be and I suspect that many of my guildies will not be advancing our SH much further if at all.
    You want us to do pvp "as a new source of AD", but these patch notes have no mention of re-balancing the AP/Stamina drain overloads.
    This means that the bigger guilds who reached this point in the last few days (and those who got the enchants through more nefarious means), will have an overwhelming advantage beyond the disparities that were already present.
    I am just staggered at the lack of joined up thinking here, and at the decision maker's assumption that the community will just swallow the bitter pill because it's labelled as medicine.
    It's not medicine, it's an arsenic that will slowly accumulate with each dose until we as a gaming population, are no more.

Incidentally, no more $$ until you sort yourselves and show that you actually value our custom
    Morgana CW
  • Options
    eskevareskevar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Interesting. I open my client and i read this: "We will be performing shard maintenance on September 14th from 7-9 AM Pacific (14:00-16:00 UTC). Please check the forums."
    The patch is for "14th sept" so is yet online? LOL
    They dont know how write a simple date on a phrase too, and you think they know how manage a game...
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    Maybe outsourced to India or something.
    Or maybe the devs are dev-BOTS.

Because they are repeating their shi… over and over again without thinking :-D
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User

You want us to do pvp "as a new source of AD", but these patch notes have no mention of re-balancing the AP/Stamina drain overloads.

there are AP/Stamina WARDs that prevent these drain overloads from having an effect I believe.

I like the paradigm shift with the new wards, I can selectively target classes now. Paper/Rock/Scissors without knowing what the other guy is gonna throw. Again, slayers + WARD enchants. =X

NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    **crickets***
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User

there are AP/Stamina WARDs that prevent these drain overloads from having an effect I believe.

I like the paradigm shift with the new wards, I can selectively target classes now. Paper/Rock/Scissors without knowing what the other guy is gonna throw. Again, slayers + WARD enchants. =X

and how do you suggest people without marketplace rank 4 to get these?
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    cheyennemountaincheyennemountain Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Absolutely dave, although these wards are only available at the same rank Stronghold as the drain overloads, so still further out of reach for many with the AD change.

It's collateral damage that hasn't been considered with the roll out of this "fix". Were AD requirements to be removed from stronghold upgrades/AD tokens made available from leadership the situation wouldn't be as untenable.
    However, as was written by panderous in patchnotes on preview shard:
    panderus said:

Is it possible for Leadership tasks to get AD Coffers for Strongholds to replace actual AD?
    The Strongholds AD requirements were fine when Leadership produced AD, now they are overwhelming in their requirements given that you have largely removed access to AD for many players. This would also make the time we invested in levelling Leadership valuable for those of us who did so.

That is an interesting suggestion, I will forward it along.
    The collateral fallout throughout the rest of the game hasn't been considered
    Morgana CW
  • Options
    darkdraykendarkdrayken Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Ya'll sort of HAMSTER the bed with the date in the launcher, says September 14th instead of 15th.

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Well, a small step into the right direction...
    + 10 minutes warning
    + 5 minutes warning
    but they pull the plug less then 3 minutes after the last warning.

Must be a running joke for that "admin". Or is there some internal betting pool running on how many players he can kick from the server before every patch?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
This discussion has been closed.