test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SW 'rework' coming in the future!?

equality00equality00 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited September 2015 in The Nine Hells
I was watching the Elemental Evil Preview Stream for Xbox on Twitch tonight from August/28/2015, at around 18:15 he starts talking about the changes to Life Steal and how it works. He mentions that Scourge Warlocks are "definitely going to suffer from that change" and "after the NCL and hearing from you guy's I did bring it up to the developers" he goes on to say "it's definitely on the plate" .

He also mentions they/we are "under-powered"

twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/v/13947982

Comments

• Options
    I just read where strumslinger posted in the thread 'Now that you're finally doing something about Mod 6 - how many more months to correcting the SW?' ,"We're still actively working on it. It is being done."

Not trying to re-post/cross, sorry if I did.
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    It's fair to say there is widespread feeling of disappointment in the way the SW was a affected with the lifesteal changes. That's probably putting it mildly.

The SW playerbase gave repeated feedback from the test server experience on the lifesteal change - and other changes - before the relevant PC module (Module 6) was introduced. All where ignored.

Consequently we where left with a class that has to rely on a bugged soul puppet to do random levels of damage, together with the retiring of the Temptation spec which is near useless.

So this 'on the plate' comment from the dev team is being regarded as something that will be believed when we see it. Until then the SW is an invoking class that you hop onto, inbetween playing a real one.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    I hope they rework this clas including the dumb HAMSTER animations they put in here. The jumping jack animation still seems like a place holder to me.

Currently Scourge Warlock's inthis game is best suited for nothing but PvE as they get HAMSTER on in PvP. I get one shotted by everything and every other class in this HAMSTER game, after a control effect. Developers know this class is considered the limp HAMSTER class in PvP, and I hope they HAMSTER fix it or this long time member will be moving on (tired of this HAMSTER).

What really cracks me up is, it actually took the NCL event to open up the eyes of the developers in noting that SW was a HAMSTER class in PvP and needed some help. How this has alluded them with so many youtube videos and Warlock Champions giving feed back and comments on this site for "FREE", to improve the class.

Let's start with a list of HAMSTER up HAMSTER that's been known for ages with this class.

Soul puppet: 25k hit points, really?
    Shadowslip: CC immunity, but you still take damage in the 10s of thousands while using it against other classes.
    All consuming curse: Exactly what does this garbage HAMSTER skill do again?
    Arms of Hadar: Another useless HAMSTER skill given to us by someone that wanted a good laugh.
    Deadly curse: Who actually slots this?
    Vampiric embrace: Only good if your "FULL" temptation tree and even that is HAMSTER now, due to how life steal works.
    Killing Flames: Every Rogue and their mother can dodge this, good for lower tier PvP and against noobs.
    Brood of Hadar: Activate, Rogue disappears and rolls away, "WASTED daily.".
    Essence defiler: Really good skill, but the "Hoogie-Boogie"/Jumping jack animation leaves something to be desired (Change this HAMSTER.).

You guys get what I am saying, especially if you play a Warlock in PvP. This class basically is a PvE class, we rock at that.

I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Indeed.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options

Indeed.

When you say 'Indeed'

Which of the above statement or statements are you actually agreeing with?

- One hit death soul puppets?
    - Unused All Consuming Curse?
    - Useless Arms of Hadar?
    - Unused Deadly Curse?
    - Slow animations?
    - Ruination of the Temptation spec?
    - Bottom of the food chain in pvp?

Think I'll stop there as this is just depressing.
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User

Indeed.

But first I should have a meal!!!

jejeje
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Soon. TM

I have a feeling that someone's tired of our complaints, after looking at Strum's comment here mhm
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    I still looking on the pve part that warlock"rocks" on, so, pls record a dungeon run with gwf/tr/cw/dc(dps) but don't use damnation puppet and fabled set, then tell me how was your " rock" on pve! if u manage to oudps a gwf/tr/cw i'll sure call you king
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    Just read the other threads, all you need is 4k IL and everything is just "fine".

Anyway, i only believe in what they actually patch... anything else is just bla bla bla.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    chambermancerchambermancer Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Mmm-hmm. Yeah this reminds me of something:

• Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    Now just wait and see. The handful of vet SW who did not strip and reroll have stuck by a long time (one year) by now. I am most curious what's going on behind curtain..

Will they delete Warlock's bargain like they did ADs from leadership because that's the easy way.. will rework include way to handle 130k shocking exe deaths and 1rotation stunlock death by GWF and GF. Will they mess with borrowed time the best thing we have going? Fix borked up feats? Improve LONG cooldowns and SLOW cast speed? Incorporate more viable lifesteal-based survival? Fix Fury AVALANCHE procs? What will happen to shadow slip? Will class emerge from dark as a bizarre but more functional chimera or as a coherent warlock proper.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I can't wait for my Wourge Scarlock!

I am also hoping for the exclusive Wourge Scarlock transparent dye kit in the store.

You can use this on your Scarlock - and you can dictate what color it is when applied!

But as it's transparent you won't actually be able to see this color and nothing will actually change.
    That doesn't matter though! It's knowing that your Wourge Scarlock is really a different color that counts.

I am also hoping for a new Leadership currency! - Disastral Diamonds.....more to come on this.......
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Hopefully they're done right. Massive damage buffs to their power. Fury turns into the DoT god of the game. Damnation offers a fat puppet that keeps some agro for the party. Temp is capable of replacing a healer, if the party is set up right.

What some junk offered by other class paths, the SW's offers utility. Massive DPS, tanking, or healer. It can make for more interesting party combos.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The Soul Puppet will just dance in front of the bosses to disctract them, but they deal no damage at all anymore.
    Curses and any DoTs will be reflected from all targets back to the SW and instant kill him.
    And healing from Temptation will instead heal the enemies, and light you up with some nice green stylish fire.

That's what i'm expecting at this point from any changes to the SW.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    regenerde said:

The Soul Puppet will just dance in front of the bosses to disctract them, but they deal no damage at all anymore.

I love it, make it 'twerk'!

I want to be a twerklock...lol
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    regenerde said:

Curses and any DoTs will be reflected from all targets back to the SW and instant kill him.
    And healing from Temptation will instead heal the enemies, and light you up with some nice green stylish fire.

Wth, don't remove it's damn damage. Just make it so it can't do 150k hits anymore..... My companion is already pathetic enough, don't need two buddies endlessly swinging at one thing.

• Options
    Those high damage hits are coming from a combination of group buffs and something else, just let the Soul Puppet run for a while on a Training Puppet and you won't see any high damage hits at all.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    ghoulz66 said:

Wth, don't remove it's damn damage. Just make it so it can't do 150k hits anymore..... My companion is already pathetic enough, don't need two buddies endlessly swinging at one thing.

I took the post as sarcasm not an actual change to implement. I didn't think regenerde was being serious or maybe they were?
    regenerde said:

• Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    candinho2 said:

I still looking on the pve part that warlock"rocks" on, so, pls record a dungeon run with gwf/tr/cw/dc(dps) but don't use damnation puppet and fabled set, then tell me how was your " rock" on pve! if u manage to oudps a gwf/tr/cw i'll sure call you king

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goGB3Fa4uKQ

CW, GWF, DC dps - check.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Its easy to out dps an SW when you are an GWF. Check the vid from fernuu. This GWF in the vid make some mistakes to genarete best damage and he is still number 1 in paingiver. But as a GWF you need much much better gear than a SW with some broken skills.