test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragon's Bite power

corunncorunn Posts: 81 Arc User
So, I think most single blade DPS builds focus around bleed combo's. Is there a way to make a DPS build focused around Dragon's bite that does comparable damage? After getting 1-shot-killed by Jack Fool so many times, it just seems like there must be a way.......

Comments

• Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Yeah, open with vorpal blade to max bleed stacks. Then spam dragon's bite. Use reaper's embrace when vorpal comes back off of cooldown. Will of the tiger cub is nice with this (for the shredded proc).
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    How does one get 1 shot by Jack Fool.. BLOCK!
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    You could just.. spam it after putting up Bleed and Shredded. Energy may be tricky w/o using Rush (taking Rush on it makes energy management much easier, but keeps it from having R3's dmg), though it does give you an alternative to the bleed + rupture playstyle for SB. It prob won't be as good as spamming DW or DC, or going w/ the SB Rupture route, but it can still do at least admirably if you have 5x bleed also running w/ it. As an example:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&n=&d=11230kbGA9PK000000D000D105DA00BA03DM00D50KK503DO0HDJ00ON01DF038O012Q0000002jN742iK0tid400000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Predator (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Con: 8, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Con: 3, Int: 3)
    Level 9: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 12: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 18: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Reaper's Touch
    Level 1: Reaper's Caress (Rank 2, Cleaving Strikes)
    Level 6: Form of the Swordsman
    Level 8: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Steadfast
    Level 14: Scything Blade (Swallowtail Cut, Messy)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Dragon's Bite (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)
    Level 23: Cut Down
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Deflect (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Fiery Embrace
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 29/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Finishing Blow (2/3)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

For bosses, once you have 5x bleed (and Shredded) w/ Reaper's Caress, charged DB spam will automatically refresh the bleeds, and then you can also tap Scything to refresh Shredded (and use Scything for pbAoE). The last few powers can be w/e. Gears mostly for Dex.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I mean, you could take Dragon's Bite rank 3 and then take another power with Dragon's Rush for the energy.​​
  • Options
    Sure, if ur fine taking another set's Dragon attack. I don't know what else is in-theme for Corunn here, but there's enough room in that example build to stick one in and swap around the advs.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Given that he didn't give a theme the only information is that he wants his primary attack to be Dragon's Bite and he wants it to do comparable damage to a RE build, so I think it's better if that's rank 3. Dragon Uppercut with Rush is probably the best supporting attack to take with that, assuming he needs the energy.​​
  • Options
    I would take dragon kick w rush. Then you can stack form of the tiger whenever you want, and the stun is nice for mobs.
  • Options
    corunncorunn Posts: 81 Arc User
    So I tried to combine Flow's excellent build with dragon's kick, different form, and vorpal blade. Don't think I did an ideal job. I figured I need Reapers Caress to build bleeds on trash mobs since, although Vorpal Blade recharges fast, it doesn't recharge THAT fast.... but maybe not..? Anyway, here's what I've got.

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Melee Damage)

Link to this build: http://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&n=&d=11230kbGA9PK061070D000D104DJ08D505DO03C800CA03EL00DU03DF03K503ON00DX03EP0W2jN742iK0tid400000000&e=
    v3.11:30

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Predator (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Con: 8, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Con: 3, Int: 3)
    Level 9: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 12: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 18: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Reaper's Touch
    Level 1: Reaper's Caress (Cleaving Strikes)
    Level 6: Cut Down (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 8: Scything Blade (Rank 2, Swallowtail Cut)
    Level 11: Dragon's Bite (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Form of the Tiger
    Level 17: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Steadfast
    Level 23: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Deflect (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Resurgence
    Level 35: Vorpal Blade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Dragon Kick (Dragon Rush)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Finishing Blow (2/3)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Devices
  • Options
    You don't strictly need Vorpal Blade w/ Reaper's Caress around (perhaps could do even better w/ an ult that applies Overpower for teamplay), but it does apply bleeds quickly at the start too (esp since Caress doesn't proc FotTiger on its own here- you'd have to weave in some charged or half-charged attacks).

It is nice to be able to build up energy and FotTiger at anytime w/ Dragon Kick (though Scything can also do that) and have Rush + a stun. I'd prob get Reaper's Caress to r2 if using it often, though.

I'm a bit confused at adding Reaper's Embrace, though, as it kinda conflicts w/ making the build centered around DB (as DB use doesn't build bleed stacks on its own). I guess its just there as an execute?
  • Options
    You don't really need to worry about stacking bleeds on trash mobs. Reaper's caress still works for applying shredded though. You could take the messy advantage on scything blade to help keep shredded up. So you don't have to worry about re-applying it with the combo.

Reaper's embrace is just there for when vorpal comes back off of cooldown. Hit you AO, then pop your bleeds, and hit vorpal. You can even pop another full stack again, pretty quickly, for a big burst if needed (nice at dino).

Dragon's claw would be another rush move option to consider. But, then you would end up spamming that and only tapping dragon's bite for the bleed refresh.
  • Options
    vonqball wrote: »
    You don't really need to worry about stacking bleeds on trash mobs. Reaper's caress still works for applying shredded though. You could take the messy advantage on scything blade to help keep shredded up. So you don't have to worry about re-applying it with the combo.

Reaper's embrace is just there for when vorpal comes back off of cooldown. Hit you AO, then pop your bleeds, and hit vorpal. You can even pop another full stack again, pretty quickly, for a big burst if needed (nice at dino).
    Ah. Yea, that's a good combo for the extra burst. As long as its used for that then it won't cut much into DB use.