test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Worth coming back and resubbing?

I've had a Superhero game itch for a while now and DCUO doesn't do it for me, sure the setting is great but the customization and powers make me feel limited, apparently CO got new devs that actually work on content that isn't cash shop ****, so is it worth coming back?

Comments

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Hard to say, it being largely your call. There've been a LOT of complaints about the things that have changed, but here on the forums the complaints seem to come from the same half-dozen or so people that are upset if everything isn't done the specific way they want. I'd suggest reading through the patch notes for the last six months or so and seeing if that sounds like something you'd like. Me, I'm just glad that after all these years there's SOME dev activity. :D

If you do come back, be prepared to do a lot of respeccing. Powers and such don't work the way they used to, some are just gone, and some got radically changed. On the other hand, it gave me the opportunity to clean up a lot of my builds.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    I got a lifetime subscriptions like 6 years ago, maybe 5? I haven't regretted that decision. getting a monthly subscription is far less of a serious investment, if you like what you see you can renew, if not you're not down much.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    What is important to you? That will help us answer this.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    or you could just login and find out.
    or read though the release notes.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Many power sets have been altered, either a little, or quite a lot.

Altered a Little: Fire, Ice, Electricity, Martial Arts (varies), Celestial, Munitions

Altered Moderately: Infernal, Heavy Weapons, [powers using chains in a few sets], Shadow, Telepathy

Altered a Lot: Laser Swords, Power Armor, Sorcery, Bestial

These changes include new powers, powers with new advantages (especially self-heals), and actual completely reworking things (like all of Laser Swords, which is considered its own set now).

If you like endgame team content, the game as added lots of that.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    You need to move "munitions" to "altered a lot" simply because of Two-Gun Mojo changes.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    pooson said:

I've had a Superhero game itch for a while now and DCUO doesn't do it for me, sure the setting is great but the customization and powers make me feel limited, apparently CO got new devs that actually work on content that isn't cash shop ****, so is it worth coming back?

Hello there @pooson (dat name :o ). What are you looking for exactly?

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    Maybe he meant poison..
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    That
    Girl
    is
    Poo, son...
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    pooson said:

Well, there's still some questionable cash shop stuff, but by no means as prevalent as other MMOs. CO's certainly not a "pay to win", more of a "Pay to Look Good" kind of deal. But I agree with the earlier suggestion that check it out as a Silver or a month of Gold, just to dip in the waters first.
  • Options
    Worth trying at least a month of gold. I don't know who would want to play this game as a first time silver, I know there are plenty of things locked in tailor at the low level.
  • Options
    Oh, I started as a first time silver. I didn't even want to spend the one month fee to find out I hated everything about the mechanics of the game. But, I did not, trial was successful and I subscribed after.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited January 2017

You need to move "munitions" to "altered a lot" simply because of Two-Gun Mojo changes.

Again with 2 Gun Mojo, personally it's changed for the better but all I got to say is they got their own fleshed out Framework within, other then that, remembering the days when I've seen the rest of my team spam that thing with trivializing impunity,
    They like -
    I'm like -

My alternative response is This Buut it might hurt someone's feelings, so whatever, onto the next gravitation.
    Post edited by rtma on
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    Oh, hey, I wasn't complaining, I'm fine with it like it is. But its changes were major vis-a-vis its previous use.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    @decorumfriends I suspected you might be elaborating on the details, nothing personal, I'm curious on what they would come up with creative wise for other frame works, I'm personally looking forward to certain frameworks like Earth and Force. :3
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    Sure! I may not agree with every single decision that's been made, but I'm all in favor of all the "redo"s they're working. More! More! More! :)
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Yes it is. This is probably one of the best times in the history of the game to come back to it.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Yes it is. This is probably one of the best times in the history of the game to come back to it.

Although I may not agree with a lot of what they did last year, I have to agree that's its a great time to return to the game.
  • Options
    reddhottevareddhotteva Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    pooson said:

I've been both a hardcore and casual player of CO since 2014. IMHO it is totally worth investing from free-time and spare change in this game. I've taken loooooong breaks but I always find myself missing Defender's cheesy dialog and all the Millennium City misadventures. The community isn't as large as it was in the CO glory days, but there are still a bunch of great people around to make you feel welcomed. And the devs do a good job updating and maintaining this colorful virtual world.
    hot_babe_351x249.jpg