test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Character Select Screen

Can someone please tell me if there are any positives to the new Character Select Screen ? As far as I'm concerned I can't find any reasons for the change. All I know is that now I have to search for my toons instead of knowing exactly what page and position they are on. Very frustrating and I really can't figure out a good reason for the change.

Comments

• Options
    kjodellkjodell Posts: 83 Arc User
    Every time you go to the character select screen you start at slot one page one, which saves system resources, only a tiny amount but when added to the other changes they've made it does add up
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Another positive post about change.
  • Options
    blackscorpion125blackscorpion125 Posts: 9 Arc User
    kjodell wrote: »
    Every time you go to the character select screen you start at slot one page one, which saves system resources, only a tiny amount but when added to the other changes they've made it does add up

I understand your logic but with the old system the last toon you were playing automatically came up the next time you logged on, so again I don't see a positive here only frustration if you have a lot of toons and you like to switch them often.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    It turns character selection into an engaging minigame! Where's that character you want to play amdist your sea of alts? Who knows, and that's the fun!

Why not try a speedrun or two?
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    soundsriskysoundsrisky Posts: 58 Arc User
    It's about having a sense of accomplishment.
  • Options
    boopea13boopea13 Posts: 8 Arc User
    so basically, no one can give one valid, good reason for the change to the character select screen. Glad I checked the Forums about it, what a waste of time. See you guys next year.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    @boopea13 Are you from the future!?!?
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    This is the first indication posted that this change would be put into the game.

You can try and figure out the reasoning behind it there, I suppose.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Wasn't there previously some complains about the loading screen being slow and Kais saying she'd find a way to fix it?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    blackscorpion125blackscorpion125 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Thank you to the GM's for fixing the Character select screen with the option to turn OFF the last played toon selection !!!