test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20180708.21 - Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
Misc
  • Added personal magnifier items to the debugger store. These items grow you in size, but the effect is only visible to you.
  • The Harajuku emotes can now be used by male avatars. (Unfortunately we don't have a way to grant the emotes outside of the ZEN store purchase).
  • Fixed a bug where some of Swinging's landing animations were being interrupted by itself.
  • Fixed a bug where some enemies in game did not play a defeat animation, this should address the rest of the enemies in game playing the cheer animation.
  • Fixed Arc of Ruin not using full range of its area effect.
  • Adjusted the fx on ranks 2 and 3 of Shadow Flight to take up somewhat less resources.
​​

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Misc
    • The Harajuku emotes can now be used by male avatars. (Unfortunately we don't have a way to grant the emotes outside of the ZEN store purchase).

But... how are we suppose to get it if we already Purchased the costume set long time ago?
    Can't the FIXER be used for this?​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2018
    I mean for testing purposes, we don't have a way to just grant it on pts since it's all done through the zen store purchase. This change would be retroactive on live.​​
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Cool
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Misc
    • Added personal magnifier items to the debugger store. These items grow you in size, but the effect is only visible to you.
      ​​

Questions:

1) Can this be used in combat?
    2) Will there be personal shrink items???
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    According to the Discord, I think it will work in combat but then again, Kai does need testers
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Misc
    ​​
    Hugs and kisses to everyone in the dev team!
    I'm never really used the growth things, but the way you people get around this stuff is just awesome.
    :#

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    edited August 2018
    See, all it takes is some patience, very much appreciated for taking our feedback into consideration!

But questions,

- While they do work perfectly fine in combat. Is it possible, as we can't do it PTS, to have on the Normal Super magnifier on and the personal magnifiers at the same time as separate forms out of combat? For those that do have that height for all to see, but in personal it's much higher only for yourself? Of course Normal Super Mag would still turn off in Combat and does NOT have to visually stack with one another.

- Will Miniaturization Drive's Reciprocating Gizmo return but have that personal effect like the new magnifiers have?

- Will there be shrinker versions of this as well?

Bug:
    8 stacks of Enraged (Enrage and Aspect of the Bestial) sometimes disables the VFX of the Personal Super magnifiers, returning to normal size.

Update:
    Bug: Being under crowd control (Paralyze, Incapacitate, Sleep, and Stun) deactivates the Personal magnifiers .​​
    Post edited by gentlegiantvexx on
  • Options
    soundsriskysoundsrisky Posts: 58 Arc User
    Bug:
    Activating the Darkness power Shadow Embrace gives the player the old Shadow Form visual effect.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    I mean for testing purposes, we don't have a way to just grant it on pts since it's all done through the zen store purchase. This change would be retroactive on live.​​

Thank god for that, kinda got worried there for a moment.
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    ltm7KS5.jpg
    The ratio item range from start to end: 2.6, 3, 3.5, 4.2, 5.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Now we have the concept of client-side only obnoxious vfx, may I suggest making the crit visualizers client-side only.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I must say I am super happy with this. Thanks for taking our feedback into account.

Now onto the bug testing!

Bug

Additional to what Vexx has mentioned that sometimes 8 stacks of Enrage disable the VFX, so does the following
    • Using Mini Drive w/Reciprocicating Gizmo adv. and reaching 8 stacks of enrage while the effect is still active. You can't turn the device off and on again till Reciprocicating Gizmo expires.
    • Using Aggresor to either reach 8 stacks of enrage (say r3 to get from 5 to 8, or r2 to get from 6 to 8) or reaching 8 stacks of Enrage while Aggresor effect is still active.

And now for a suggestion

If it were possible it would be cool if people in team (but not team up) could see the VFX of these devices
    I know that this is probably asking too much, but just tossing it here \o/

UPDATE:

Apparently the Enrage bug happens when you build stacks to 8, let them drop and build them back up to 8. The only way to debug yourself from having the same thing happen over and over is to turn both Magnifier and Enrage off and back on.​​
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Will the regular Magnifiers work as before or with some changes / Stack limits?
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Now we have the concept of client-side only obnoxious vfx, may I suggest making the crit visualizers client-side only.

Please this!!! Those sound effect and sprite overlays are quiet annoying...
    Never found supersize or supershrink to be any issue, but I know some didn't like it because it could make targeting harder.

• Options
    oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    The new devices are pretty dang neato. As others have stated, it would be cool to also see Local-Shrinkers, since people have been asking for in-combat shrinking abilities for as long as people have been asking for in-combat growing abilities.

lezard21 wrote: »

And now for a suggestion

If it were possible it would be cool if people in team (but not team up) could see the VFX of these devices

Seconding this. It would be pretty cool if there was some way for others to choose to view the effect, even if it has to be out-of-combat. I imagine the RP community would be able to get some use out of these devices if that was possible, even more so if Local-Shrinkers were added.

If it's not possible that's fine, personally I think the devices are fine as is.

EDIT:
    Suggestions:
    Increase the "Max camera distance" option slider's maximum to a larger value.
    Add an easier way to adjust camera height.

Two things I thought about when I was playing around with the devices, so the camera is more manageable when you use them. Though they'd definitely be useful even if you aren't playing a giant toon.

While you can use /camdist to zoom the camera out further than what it'd normally be, it can be kinda finicky and seemingly randomly zoom back to your max camera distance setting.

It's also possible to control camera height, but it's kinda obtuse. Adding a setting to the option menu that would allow you to control camera height like you can distance would be great. A command could work fine as well.

Post edited by oyo32 on
    AOyJ2f6.png
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    personally I think the devices are fine as is.
  • Options
    Misc
    • Fixed a bug where some of Swinging's landing animations were being interrupted by itself.
    ​​

Thank you so much!! I'm not sure if this was because of my post or not but thank you!

• Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    These personal mag devices are pretty neat! Although, the Blue and Purple with 8 stacks of Enrage causes the size to reset into normal size. Have to retoggle device to fix it. Would probably nice to have these as auras, but unlikely due to auras being intended to be viewed by others.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Would this affect team ups at cosmics?
    If it were possible it would be cool if people in team (but not team up) could see the VFX of these devices I know that this is probably asking too much, but just tossing it here \o/
    ​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Adjusted the fx on ranks 2 and 3 of Shadow Flight to take up somewhat less resources.
    Hmm I still see FPS drops on rank 3 shadow flight
    The performance improved had been slighty improved, but still hit red mark on FPS

its hard to test it since it requires you to copy a character who already own R3 SF from live, unless im missing something in Debugger there is no way to access SF in PTS

BUG: Rank 3 Shadow Flight still drops at 18-24 FPS
    Hard to test rank2 since PTS force me to retcon, The shadow trail is to blame
    DFgaWBS.png

The Visual FX quality from Medium to High doesn't seem to affect the performance
    However on Low i get stable 33-37 FPS (since it removes the shadow trail)
    I mean for testing purposes, we don't have a way to just grant it on pts since it's all done through the zen store purchase. This change would be retroactive on live.
    OH Ok then, I apologize for the misunderstanding, really glad the emotes are becoming Unisex :grin:
    Misc
    Thank you so much!! I'm not sure if this was because of my post or not but thank you!
    I didn't knew about this animation until I saw your thread :dizzy:​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    Misc
    ​​

Cool to see that travel power get some love, and display more agility.

While you're at it, would it be possible to buff a little bit the "ground part" of that power ?
    Something slightly inferior to rank 1 acrobatics could be a suitable choice.

Because, to be 100% honest with you, that TP, which is a paying TP, is underwhelming in its current state.
    The aerial part is pretty good, but as soon as you're on the ground, your char have the running speed of a 80 years old disabled, but still being able to jump at dumb heights. It sucks, and is not very representative of heroes like Batman or Spiderman, typical users of that travel mode.

If you are uncomfortable with increasing that TP ground mobility by fear to make it too powerfull, make it an adv buyable with power points. Personnally, i doubt making that power an hybrid with a lesser rank one acrobatics will make it OP, but whatever.

Anyway, it's a paying TP. Make it appealing for people who don't have bought it yet, and for people who bought it and currently regret it.

• Options
    With the new Super Magnifers, current max camera zoom (70) could use a change (like to 90). Now with the largest Magnifer, your characters head gets lost top of the screen.
  • Options
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    With the new Super Magnifers, current max camera zoom (70) could use a change (like to 90). Now with the largest Magnifer, your characters head gets lost top of the screen.

You make the camera distance go further by binding "/camdist 200" to a key. May take two or three tries to actually stick tho.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I know that. Just that making default distance larger would just make life easier.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    And now for a suggestion

I know that this is probably asking too much, but just tossing it here \o/​​

^ THIS PLEASE.

I'd really like this to be a thing. Would be great for better team in combat shots and just in general really.
  • Options
    waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    Those super magnier devices are very nice! thanks you kai!
  • Options
    gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    edited July 2018
    And now for a suggestion

^ THIS PLEASE.

I'd really like this to be a thing. Would be great for better team in combat shots and just in general really.

Heavy +1!
    But I've a small issue with the parties though. Say if you want to be a party (Not Teamup) in Cosmics, if you're the tank, your friends will get the threat first when you attack for some odd reason.
    It happens at Kigatilik and Dino mostly, Haven't experienced it with Ape yet I do not believe.​​
    Post edited by gentlegiantvexx on
  • Options
    omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    So if Vexx gets one of these new size changers, will he have to change his name to Gentle Normal Sized Vexx? Because nobody will see that he's giant except for himself.

The only glitchy thing I've ever had with size changers is that when people are using the magnifiers and get a certain distance away from me their wings/tails become massive compared to their body. I've never had any sort of frame rate drop even when there were six people in view using the old bugs to make themselves larger than intended.
    Post edited by omnilord#8416 on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    [*] Added personal magnifier items to the debugger store. These items grow you in size, but the effect is only visible to you.
    So that's how Growth Builds feel like awkward out of game's window and having to adjust the camera distance
    I have to say as someone who was never a fan of Growth, those Devices are pretty appealing and since they are player exlusive cosmetics I don't have to worry about other people

I have to ask, is there going to be a Super Shrinker version of this? (which propably won't get more than 2-3 variations)
    Gotta take advantage of the Ant-Man and the Wasp hype :grimace:​​
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    agentnx5 wrote: »

Please this!!! Those sound effect and sprite overlays are quiet annoying...
    Never found supersize or supershrink to be any issue, but I know some didn't like it because it could make targeting harder.

+1

[NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Bless you Spinny
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Will there be any in combat growth? Even if it limited Hight.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

Doesn't enrage already do this if you take the 0 point advantage. If no they should, but again ONLY if ONLY you see the player see it.
  • Options
    The personal magnifiers work in combat. But you're the only one who sees your huge toon.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Added personal magnifier items to the debugger store. These items grow you in size, but the effect is only visible to you.

This is actually pretty neat. I'm a fan of size changing super-heroes and this feels like a viable way of having a big character in combat, w/o bugging everyone else!!!
    I have to ask, is there going to be a Super Shrinker version of this? (which propably won't get more than 2-3 variations) Gotta take advantage of the Ant-Man and the Wasp hype :grimace:​​

I have wanted in-combat shrinking since FOREVER! I squeal out loud whenever I an get the "Cazulon vs Miniature Hero" UNITY mission! So yeah... more of that!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Might make a suggestion on how to acquire these on Live, breaking down the current currencies from the most accessible to least

1. Resources
    2. Questionite/Recognition
    3. Zen
    4. Salvage

Considering this is only aesthetics and Client side, it would be unreasonable to charge the latter, I would recommend Q Store Device/Aesthetics Section and for possible Shrinker ones in future, they shouldn't be a Grind Sink at all, maybe 10K Q a Mag would suffice?

Also should check the scaling on powers/effects with these Mags, some effects scale, others do not, for example
    63BC1EA550BBF02691645E314E0A5DBFDA985EDC
    Post edited by rtma on
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    Effects scaling either to user's size or to target's size has some unpleasant results performance wise.

I mean, they could make effect scaling be client sided also, but that might take too much extra work, so if it doesn't end up being done I can accept it.

The magnifiers should go into the zen store though, so long as the price is adjusted fairly to the fact that they are client sided only, ie. Super Magnifier should be the hard ceiling as to how much the Purple one can cost. Start at 200 Zen for white one, and increase price following the size increase ratio (1.4x from White to Green= 280 zen, 1.9x from White to Yellow = 380 zen, 2.6x from White to Blue = 520 zen, 3.4x from White to Purple = 680 zen). While a lot of people would really like these items to be free, the fact is the game has to make money somehow.​​
  • Options
    Bug
    CATASTROPHIC PUMMELING
    Ape meteors will knock you 100% of the time even when mantaining this power for more than 2 seconds
    Dino jumps will mostly slightly knock you back even when mantaining this power for more than 2 seconds, but sometimes it will outright knock you
    ​​
  • Options
    leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    Sadly for you, Kaiserin said some times ago (on Discord) that there is nothing at the moment to complety protect players from KB, even if you put 1 million % of KB resist.
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,077 Arc User
    3 stacks of KB resistance makes you KB immune for the duration.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    so why not have CP add a stack of KB resistance every 0.5 seconds that get removed when you stop channeling the power? (to prevent cheesing it for easy knock immunity)​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    warcanch wrote: »
    3 stacks of KB resistance makes you KB immune for the duration.​​
    You'd still get knocked by Qwyjibo meteors, they affect knock-immune targets (back when this was possible, I've seen them knock Teleiosaurus around).
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    And now for a suggestion

It would also be cool if using a growth item made it so you could see others who are also doing so. That would give players the option to participate in the bigness fun, or not.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    So if Vexx gets one of these new size changers, will he have to change his name to Gentle Normal Sized Vexx? Because nobody will see that he's giant except for himself.

Yes. Since you can't have the all-visible Magnifier and one of the Self-Only ones on at the same time, people will have to decide if they care how they look to others.​​
  • Options
    waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    It would be nice if enrage and the advantage of mini drive stack back again, but mini drive does not stack more than once when the effect is on, meaning mini drive cannot stack on itself more than once.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,077 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »
    3 stacks of KB resistance makes you KB immune for the duration.
    You'd still get knocked by Qwyjibo meteors, they affect knock-immune targets (back when this was possible, I've seen them knock Teleiosaurus around).

But, we currently don't get knocked if we Block in time. Otherwise, it sounds like the meteors need some "flag-" attention.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    An ult that flagged you as blocking, even though it didn't add any damage resistance, might be interesting.