test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weapon addition slots, an idea

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
ok then, so at the moment the only things that distinguished 1 player from another on the ground (without the BOs) is their kit and whether they have expose/ exploit and solid shot/ croud control.

My idea is to give every weapon a 'device' slot to which you could add items which give things like +dps, +shields, a granade launcher, debuff targets, a long cooldown stun beam, bayonetts or even a blade to go with 1 handed pistols.

these buffs may come with a down side, for example; melee pistol combo loadout would make the crouch bonus +0 dps. the granade launcher could replace the basic melee attack.

now these should be weapon specific, maybe giving lower bonuses to to the more used items (snipers and stun pistols)

i know there is already alot of micromanagement in this game (with more to come with the DOff system) but this could be implemented so that there is little real adavatage in doing it (gaining onething to loose another) so it is just a way for players to choose there own slightly tweeked play style and stand out.

I just wanted to hear the communities thoughts on this idea, and feel free to through your own ideas in
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I like it. Kinda like the jewels in WoW? Where each weapon has a few slots for additions, and then the player can choose their desired effects.

Hmm..... I'm for it, but I'm not sure we can really speculate about it until after the revamp of S4. Aren't they doing an overhaul of weapons at the same time?

But I like the idea :D make it so dev's
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I like it. Kinda like the jewels in WoW? Where each weapon has a few slots for additions, and then the player can choose their desired effects.

Hmm..... I'm for it, but I'm not sure we can really speculate about it until after the revamp of S4. Aren't they doing an overhaul of weapons at the same time?

But I like the idea :D make it so dev's

yeh, i forgot about jewels in wow (it's been a while) but yeh just like them.

and i know it wouldnt happen for a long time if it did happen, i just wanted to throw it out there
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm always in favor of more options/customization. Personally I'd like to see this general concept expanded to all ground and ship equipment. This should also be tied in to the crafting system if it is ever implemented.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm always in favor of more options/customization. Personally I'd like to see this general concept expanded to all ground and ship equipment. This should also be tied in to the crafting system if it is ever implemented.

When I saw the thread I thought it was about adding wepon slots to ships XD

In WoW it appears that every sort of item can have the slots. Though (I'm not anti-PvP'er) I'm sure this would cause problems in PvP balance, so maybe ways to implement this idea w/o making new top level PvP'ers horribly outclassed would be a good idea.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

the phrase 'too much of a good thing' comes to mind, but i do see your point most items are prty much carbon copys of other types
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Yes they are and I agree, the more "micromanagement" the better in my opinion. The implementation of this idea could really have a big impact on ground PVE and especially ground PVP. There could be 'devices' to add to weapons that give advantages in certain situations, allowing players to switch out of combat or the 'devices' could simply improve the performance of the weapons for example...
    • There could be a device that masks the energy signature of a weapon, increasing the stealth stat.

• There could be various scopes that could be added to weapons, increasing range or accuracy, but decreasing cooldown time.

I could go on but as mentioned, speculation at present should wait until after season 4 which is not far away, but I approve.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    If they they want to do a similar thing to ships, like more customization, they should add the slots to the ship itself I think, not the items on the ship.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Alecto wrote: »
    There could be a device that masks the energy signature of a weapon, increasing the stealth stat.

now theres a good one for healers on STFs
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    If they they want to do a similar thing to ships, like more customization, they should add the slots to the ship itself I think, not the items on the ship.

That probably would work better for ships, good point.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

i'm prty sure thats what they intend to do with the DOff system (passive buffs sloted to the ship)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Bohort wrote: »
    i'm prty sure thats what they intend to do with the DOff system (passive buffs sloted to the ship)

I didn't even think of that, lol. Good point.