test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bridge officer rewards and customization problems

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
as the title says really.

i recently was rewarded a photonic bridge officer from refferal. however i can't alter it's appreance at all. which is pretty stupid.
also while i'm moaning about that why can't we alter the reman or breen to wear a federation or klingon uniform of some kind????
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I can't really say why we can't alter the photonic BO because it is a Starfleet officer However I think the Breen and Reman have a different setup (i'm talking about programming/graphical stuff) which is why they can't wear federation or klingon uniforms. I could be wrong though.

The way I see it. If they could easily let Breen and Reman BOs wear faction specific clothing then it would've been done. There must be some technical issue preventing it.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    100% agree. The Klingon Photonic Bridge officer is even just the default Klingon skin with absolutely no custom features at all. So I really don't understand why customizing these officers is not allowed.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    photonic has no raeson why it can't be modified that i can see.

with the breen maybe they are mean to stay in that suit but some modification should be allowed, combadge, insignia , maybe change the colours of the suit.

would like to know why they are restricted tho. seems pretty weird when you look at how much detail you can alter on many other races.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    This is an old gripe, and applies to all the special BOFFs. I think Cryptic answered it by saying that if they had to process the uniform assets for every new custom BOFF to make sure everything worked, it would take them far too long to get them done and released. So they've decided to give them fixed appearances, in order to cut down on the work and have only one skin to QA when they release them.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    well the pre order female borg boff isn't effected like this. i can't speak for the ingame reward of the male borg boff however.
    just seems a bit strange how you can't change anything on them