test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Couple things

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I had a couple of thoughts I wanted to bring up.

1) TOS Bundle
    I bought it and I like it (though I do think its a bit overpriced) and I especially like the properly scaled interior, when will wee see this on the other interior? And more interiors?
    Why are all the screens on the computers medical screens? Its a bit weird, I mean not only is almost every screen in sickbay like that, but so is the one in the Captain's Quarters. It might be good to go back and use one of the graphs, scaled down and put on the screens.
    The info pane in the interior selection screen (when customizing) refers to it as 22nd Century, when it should be 23rd
    I'd really like a Mirror Reskin (slap some swords on all the doors and give the npc's sashes)

2) Future Ideas
    Can we please get a preset configuration for the uniforms in game for "canon" colors? Perhaps using Blackavaars guide?
    When we can change NPC's clothing, I'd really like to be able to do it so that they can be wearing multiple variants. A rank system where each npc is given rank and given a uniform based on that would really helpful

3) C-Store Revamp

1) Price changes

2) Interface Visual Revamp (Both In Game and Website) to be more like the CO

3) Change the Sales System or provide a system to get Token by the Token (earning in game or online)

4) Change how the points are bought (400, 800, 1600, 4000)

5) More Bundles (New and of Pre Existing Stuff)

6) A way to get more things in game

A) Grinding for Emblems, Marks, etc to exchange Tokens
B) Grinding for Emblems, Marks, etc to exchange with a Vendor that gives a mystery box with a chance to give tokens
C) Grinding for Emblems, Marks, etc to exchange with a Vendor that gives a mystery box with a chance to give a random C-Store item
D) Craftable mystery box that will have a random chance of giving tokens
E) Craftable mystery box that will have a random chance of giving a C-Store item
F) Any combination of the above
( The mystery boxes would mostly give out rewards kind of like the "Aid the Planet" mission gifts and act similar to loot cards in other MMO Trading Card games, and purchasable C-Store mystery boxes would be added as well.)

7) History of Purchases section (Item, cost at purchase, and date)

8) Alternative payment method, via prepaid cards

9) More Ways to get C-Store items in game

What do you think should be in a future C-Store revamp?

4) "Don't like it..." Policy

As a whole, is the whole "Don't like it, stop subscribing!" policy a good thing?

I mean, if every time somebody has a game problem, and they give feedback, if they are just told to go away if they don't like it, won't that slowly pick away at the player base. STO isn't massive as it is but this seems like a bad idea. Especially with the propensity for players who just get spammed with ti. Just a thought.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I find the idea of charging customers for things that should have been in the game from the start (eg: correct scaling) quite repulsive.

At the very least the correctly scaled ship interior should have been made available to everyone as a thank you for sticking around and puting up with the hilarious *land of the giants* interior we have right now.

I have no problem with people who have spare cash and are willing to pay for bonus extras. But something as fundamental as correct scaling should have been free for all.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I totally agree Cpt Equinox. I don't use the TOS pack on some of my characters and of course my Klingon. So, I really want properly scaled interiors for them without having to shell out even more.

I love TOS but it doesn't match a Galaxy with TNG crew.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I love TOS but it doesn't match a Galaxy with TNG crew.

Hear hear!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You like something from another era and bought something from the C-Store!? OMG. CALL THE PRESS. this is big.

Fixed that for you ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Fixed that for you ;)

That works as well. thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    HerbieZ wrote: »
    Hear hear!

Yeah, I love my Galaxy Bridge so much though. The crimson one from the C Store
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I love my Galaxy Bridge so much though. The crimson one from the C Store

Order Bridge.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That works as well. thanks.

No problem! Past experience works wonders :D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Order Bridge.

I know what its called, I love going to it. Red is my favorite color, I really can't wait to put my Boffs where I want them.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    can they first let them find out whats wrong with the store that has spome players not being able to use tos skirts or as i read there some players who are now not able to use ships like ncc-1701-d from all god hings ep.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    can they first let them find out whats wrong with the store that has spome players not being able to use tos skirts or as i read there some players who are now not able to use ships like ncc-1701-d from all god hings ep.

They will. This is like long term big changes.

Though i'd like it now.

Anyone else have any other issues with the pack?