test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Warp Idea

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hey there everyone. Time for me to throw out another one of my ideas.

i know the warp in and out looks are cool and stuff and folow the classic style of warping in and out.

but i feel like alot fo people really would find the game more intense and very exciting if they incorparated the warp style from the new movie into the game.

Click here to view the new warp from the movie

Click here to see another warp effect

And also perhaps missions that enable you to warp inside a system to another planet but as you jump out of warp all your weapons availble begin to fire rapidly at everything just like the one scene in the new movie

Click here to see the scene

this would defenitly give the game alot of hype :P
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sorry, but I'm really against it. That doesn't look like Star Trek but like Battle Star Galactica.

JJ Abrams has harmed Star Trek enough allready....:mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Cryptic really needs to put up a disclaimer that stuff from Star Trek 2009 are strictly OFF LIMITS. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I would actually like to see a new improved warp effect and sound though , one of my gripes is the current one is pretty bad.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    Cryptic really needs to put up a disclaimer that stuff from Star Trek 2009 are strictly OFF LIMITS. :rolleyes:

AMEN to that!:D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ok....so let's get one thing fixed here folks.....those of you who want to see the ST:XI movie effects...go to the alternate reality where those actually happened. This game is based on the Prime Timeline for Star Trek. I can hear your chief complaint now...."But Romulus was destroyed in that movie!!!!" Guess what...it happened in the Prime Timeline....and the resulting black-hole sent Spock and Nero back in time creating the alternate timeline from the instant the the USS Kelvin detected the anomaly in their time. Therefore, it is logical to assume that the actual effects from the USS Enterprise in ST:XI are only a result of the changes in the timeline, and not actual cannon changes.

In closing......this is my argument against the ST:XI effects, graphics, cut-scenes, story arcs, or any other encroachment into this game.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sorry, but I'm really against it. That doesn't look like Star Trek but like Battle Star Galactica.

By making it more popular?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yep it was the best Star Trek movie ever. I hope they make a tv show based on it.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    CaptainRAVE and ThetaNine, not only was the 2009 flick a bad Star Trek movie, it was a bad movie, period!

It was your typical 21st century crapfest of special effects - lacking a good story (note my use of the modifier, "good"), or character development - with obligatory scenes of sex and torture thrown in. Nothing about that movie should be acknowledged as having happened.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Uber1250 wrote: »
    CaptainRAVE and ThetaNine, not only was the 2009 flick a bad Star Trek movie, it was a bad movie, period!

I guess that is why it was the most successful Trek movie of all time :rolleyes:

I am afraid the facts go against your opinion ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I dont understand how you could compare it to battle star galactica? really? they had a star thingy go across the the whole ship and it disapeard this just jumps like awesomeness, now are you gonna go for something that is awesome and everyone will love or are you gonna go for a game that only trekky fans will play and nobody else will want to play because you HAVE to be a treky in order to enjoy the game?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    By making it more popular?

we all know that brainless mainstream is the most succesful market ;)

it just had nothing to do with star trek, but we should really stop this discussion before the thread get locked up ;D
  • Options
    edited March 2011

*sign*

Although I have to admit the warp effect was among the VERY little things I liked about that film, "Star Trek" needs "Star Trek" warp effect, not... however-that-thing-can-be-called warp effects.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'd appreciate it more if we could turn off the "warp" cut scene and just pop directly in or out of systems with no animation. It's fun to watch the first 30 times, but after that it's just another 8 seconds of my life I wish I could get back every time.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I agree with this man's statement, let us not get any more of this JJ rubbish.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    AMEN to that!:D

you old geeks lols, its time for STAR TREK to look "updated" its not the 80' anymore its 2011 :p lets beef-up and restyle STAR TREK! who's with me?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Noxsa wrote:
    you old geeks lols, its time for STAR TREK to look "updated" its not the 80' anymore its 2011 :p lets beef-up and restyle STAR TREK! who's with me?
    Given how lame some of the "official" content is, it's a little amusing how many people /ragequit over the 2009 movie. It was a huge shot in the arm for a franchise which has been plagued by a whole string of smarmy, tragically directed interludes in the various TV and movie productions. Star Trek Voyager might as well have been called "Little Starship on the Prairie." And don't even get me started on the unbearable downward spiral of the original cast movies. The 2009 reboot was just what the franchise needed, and the visuals are far and away some of the nicest looking eye candy ever produced for Trek. It's just too bad Cryptic probably won't be allowed to use any of it for quite some time, since Paramount is not done milking it.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Noxsa wrote:

.........No...just..no...It was a good film, I enjoyed it but its just not Trek. Like....theres just so many things wrong with the movie....OMG, EVEN THOUGH THE CHANGE IN TIMELINE JUST HAPPENED, EARTH SPACE DOCK LOOKS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AS IF THE CHANGE STARTED WHEN WE WERE FOUNDING THE FEDERATION. I mean like, they didnt think or anything about the change in the timeline. The effects were really nice you can't deny that, but again there was no explanation what so ever for everything changing. Quantum Torpedoes in 2370's? Lets make it so they develop them a century earlier! Blue Phasers? Pfft, lets make it so they look like the antimatter fireworks from that one TNG borg episode!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    In my opinion the latest trek movie was to revive the franchise, to appeal to a new and younger crowd, and maybe hopfully get some trek back on the little screen. I hope it works too, I miss seeing new episodes on TV.

So to stick with the thread topic, I dont mind the new warp, it seems like there moving in and out of it much faster than the TNG and movie warp we are all so familiar with, I do like the build up the current warp though.