test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forcefield

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Ok so I have a forcefield that is triggered int he mission and trap you in a room and enemy NPCs beam down on the other side to guard you. But they then start shooting me! THROUGH the forcefield? Is this going to happen when I publish the mission, or is it just a in editor thing? And is there a way to stop it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Martok42 wrote: »
    Ok so I have a forcefield that is triggered int he mission and trap you in a room and enemy NPCs beam down on the other side to guard you. But they then start shooting me! THROUGH the forcefield? Is this going to happen when I publish the mission, or is it just a in editor thing? And is there a way to stop it?

If you dont plan on fighting those NPCs at all and just want them for appearance, you can make them allied NPCs and just put enemy costumes on them.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If you dont plan on fighting those NPCs at all and just want them for appearance, you can make them allied NPCs and just put enemy costumes on them.

No I plan for you to kill them once you escape.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Forcefields are as transparent as some sections of walls are. So if someone starts shooting at them, itll start a firefight and break your immersion. I dont know if and when we will get more 'solidity' on objects such as that.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I suggest just beaming them in once you get the field down, as if you triggered a secirty breach or something.

Unless you can keep them far enough away from your team, they will always start firing.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well it's not a big deal I guess, the enemies are not that important. I'll work around it.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Martok42 wrote: »
    Well it's not a big deal I guess, the enemies are not that important. I'll work around it.

Since they have you behind a forcefield, I would think they might not feel the need to place a guard right outside your cell. Maybe just a little down the hall, and that way the mission still makes sense(and has the combat you want) but avoids the problem your currently having.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Since they have you behind a forcefield, I would think they might not feel the need to place a guard right outside your cell. Maybe just a little down the hall, and that way the mission still makes sense(and has the combat you want) but avoids the problem your currently having.

Yeah. That is pretty much what I did. It still makes sense with the context of the mission and everything. It would however be nice to have an actual secure forcefield though.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ican not pass it but my BO's can also an enemy can .
    On that I hope they fix it before going to holodeck.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Is the room big enough that the npcs won't charge you until you get into range?