test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Serious Cloak bug

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    cursing at them won't move things along but I share your frustration at the snails pace at which this issue has been handled. Waiting for over two months for it to even hit an engineering report as being investigated is silly.
    edited March 2011
    You are probably right but @ this point who gives a damn? The incredible lack of customer service w/ cryptic & atari is astonishing. The guys are getting us to pay for playing this "beta" game. I am sick of the lack of customer service. I am sick of getting nerfed. I am g-damned sick of all the glitches. Guess it's time to quit this failure of a game. F you cryptic/atari- you ruined what could have been a killer game w/ an enormous market.
    Fix the damned cloak bug, no more nerfing anything & get a g-damned 800 number.
    edited March 2011
    :mad: 68 days now & i am still getting uncloaked anytime a damned comm window pops up. no acknowledgement, no action, no nothing- starting to wonder if this is deliberate? Has cryptic taken cloaking away from us just to be dicks? next round of ask cryptic many of us are planning on bombing the event witht the same damned question- when will you fix cloaking? when will you ackowledge that it is broken?

:mad:
    edited March 2011
    Maybe if a few hundred questions appear about it for April's Ask Cryptic, we just might get some sort of answer.
    edited March 2011
    Over two freking months now has this TRIBBLE being going on!
    Very bad form! And now the rant:

FIX THE CLOAKING BUG!!! FIX THE CLOAKING BUG!!! FIX THE CLOAKING BUG!!! FIX THE CLOAKING BUG!!!
    FIX THE CLOAKING BUG!!! FIX THE CLOAKING BUG!!! FIX THE CLOAKING BUG!!! FIX THE CLOAKING BUG!!!

THINK a little bit ahead! What prioryties do you make and WHY Cryptic??? You are starting to ruin the game and will soon loose veteran players!
    edited March 2011
    I'm asking seriously, only because I can not see anyone else's tickets: Who here has file a bug report? I will when I replicate the issue. The more bug reports, the higher the priority (that's the theory, at least :p).
    edited March 2011
    I have decided to file bug reports daily & am now encouraging all to boycott c-store till they fix cloaking & mes. WE DO NOT WANT TO BE UNCLOAKED BECAUSE A COMM WINDOW POPS UP! BOYCOT C-STORE TILL THEY FIX IT!
    edited March 2011
    I think if we list the ticket numbers in this thread, they will get more attention. That, or give Zero a ticket number to pass along next time she's in the TTS channel.
    edited March 2011
    Zanshi wrote: »
    I think if we list the ticket numbers in this thread, they will get more attention. That, or give Zero a ticket number to pass along next time she's in the TTS channel.

You think she will pass a dictionary and look up *spam* definition?
    edited March 2011
    The dialoge and other random decloaking needs a fix soon please.
    edited March 2011
    Nu-NRG wrote:
    You think she will pass a dictionary and look up *spam* definition?

Be nice. I actually referred her to a ticket that I had opened, and she replied that the devs are taking a look at it. If all goes well, spam will be a distant memory. :)
    edited March 2011
    No fix listed in the latest patch. 25 Mar 2011 patch Devs, I know communication is very poor on your side but can you give some idea on when a basic game function will be restored?
    edited March 2011
    Borthan wrote:
    :mad: 68 days now & i am still getting uncloaked anytime a damned comm window pops up. no acknowledgement, no action, no nothing- starting to wonder if this is deliberate? Has cryptic taken cloaking away from us just to be *****? next round of ask cryptic many of us are planning on bombing the event witht the same damned question- when will you fix cloaking? when will you ackowledge that it is broken?

maybe you missed it but here is your acknowledgement http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=207260
    edited March 2011
    maybe you missed it but here is your acknowledgement http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=207260

Fabulous, it's under investigation... whoopie. This needs to be fixed NOW. THIS IS A GAME STOPPING ISSUE. IT DEFEATS THE ENTIRE POINT OF CLOAKING! Took them 9 months to fix the stupid picture of an antiproton mag regulator, does that mean this is gonna take 3 or 4 yrs?! No new products, no new missions, no new ways to make more money Cryptic- FIX CLOAKING NOW! WTF? I am a VERY DISATISFIED CUSTOMER- FIX CLOAKING NOW! NOW! Shut the damned game down now & fix cloaking NOW! I don't mind getting uncloaked because of sensor scan or tachyon detection grid but because a comm window pops up? You have got to be kidding me! 71 days now of this TRIBBLE! MAKE THIS PRIORITY NUMBER 1 CRYPTIC!!!!
    edited March 2011
    OVER TWO MONTHS! FIX NOW AND THROW IT IN A PATCH! It doesn´t matter if the patch only consists of this fix, but DO IT NOW! O´boy i´m getting tired of new costumes and new bridge packs. Jeeeezzz?!?! Is that your priority?!?!:mad:
    edited March 2011
    This decloaking issue should be cryptics " PRIORITY NUMBER 1" ..... The game is broken and cryptic needs to fix this NOW. These issues are game breakers ....... and I will NOT play a BROKEN GAME.
    edited March 2011
    Day 71 of Broken Cloak
    edited March 2011
    I was hoping ,was almost CERTAIN that this message/decloak bug would be fixed with this last patch.
    BUT NO ..:confused:
    Costumes and the MVAM issues were more important .

My utter frustration urges me to write adjectives to cryptic and the devs that most definitely will get me banned
    edited March 2011
    Day 72 Of The Cloaking/mes Bug Nonsense. Fix This Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Do Not Get Uncloaked/unmasked Because A Comm Window Pops Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fix This Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited March 2011
    Lets face it! If they gave a TRIBBLE, it would of been dealt with and fixed by now.
    edited March 2011
    JCSWW wrote: »
    Lets face it! If they gave a TRIBBLE, it would of been dealt with and fixed by now.

Not necessarily... It might not be easy to find the source of the bug and/or repair it without breaking something else. Remember, we wanted Cryptic to patch things without rebreaking something else.
    edited March 2011
    Not necessarily... It might not be easy to find the source of the bug and/or repair it without breaking something else. Remember, we wanted Cryptic to patch things without rebreaking something else.

Then you'd think someone from Cryptic would at least acknowledge they are working on the issue. Is that really too much to ask? 2 months is a long time for a bug to exist and it's just one of the list of many.
    edited March 2011

Actually, they nearly every time, break something.

And about zero .. she forfeited "being nice" in my book. I'm not in a habit of sucking up to GM. Those getting payed by my money even less. And once the costumer is so disgruntled like I am, stops to shell out the bucks. Like I did. At least until craptic can get their act together.

And I totally sympathize with the cloak users, cause I was one too. And we all know how "popish up" this game is. Clicky clicky.
    edited March 2011
    Nu-NRG wrote:
    Actually, they nearly every time, break something.

And about zero .. she forfeited "being nice" in my book. I'm not in a habit of sucking up to GM. Those getting payed by my money even less. And once the costumer is so disgruntled like I am, stops to shell out the bucks. Like I did. At least until craptic can get their act together.

And I totally sympathize with the cloak users, cause I was one too. And we all know how "popish up" this game is. Clicky clicky.

I agree- we are paying them. It's day 73 now of the cloaking/mes bug- FIX THE DAMNED GAME NOW! I want to see an announcement that cryptic will be shutting down the game in order to do maintenance & de-bug the damned game, with priority number 1 being fixing cloaking, before they announce any other money making schemes for the c-store. Come one people, we're not getting what we're paying for now- why on Earth should we give them more money? That sounds TRIBBLE to me. They already broke cloaking once- 1 yr ago you could scan while cloaked @ Kerrat & the Feds complained, righfully so. So they made it so you had to uncloak in order to scan, which is fair in principle. But the genius programmer did not do his homework & slapped together a patch to make us uncloak to scan, with the unintended side effect that we can't see which nodes need to be scanned, while cloaked. Brilliant. Been putting up with that TRIBBLE now for over a year. FIND SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO THEIR JOB, FIRE WHOEVER YOU HAVE NOW & FIX THE DAMNED GAME CRYPTIC!
    edited March 2011
    OVER TWO MONTHS! FIX NOW AND THROW IT IN A PATCH! It doesn´t matter if the patch only consists of this fix, but DO IT NOW! O´boy i´m getting tired of new costumes and new bridge packs. Jeeeezzz?!?! Is that your priority?!?!:mad:

It appears fluff and microtransactions are their priority now.
    edited March 2011
    GREAT NEWS !
    The cloak bug WILL BE FIXED on Friday ,April 1st:rolleyes:
    edited March 2011
    Pantheras wrote: »
    GREAT NEWS !
    The cloak bug WILL BE FIXED on Friday ,April 1st:rolleyes:

Ahahahaha! We may be Cryptic fools but not an April fool. :P
    edited March 2011
    Day 74 now.... love your custormer service. Planning on staying in business? At this point I'd say no, your not planning on staying in business & were all afloat on a doomed, sinking ship. Fix the damned game already!
    edited March 2011
    Day 75. I would not reccomend your products to anyone, since i feel like I'm talking to a brick when it comes to Cryptic customer service. Shut the damned game down & fix cloaking once & for all & stop trying to make money off of us by putting more fluff in the damned C-store.
    edited March 2011
    Development has been made aware of the cloaking issue vs dialog boxes.