test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Commodore?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I know that there is talk of a Commodore Rank (title) coming, will a Commodore Rank Insignia come at some point?

I was thinking something along the lines of a single dot with a box around it on both sides of the collar, maybe dark on the inside?

I'd really like one for my characters :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I know that there is talk of a Commodore Rank (title) coming, will a Commodore Rank Insignia come at some point?

I'd really like one for my characters :D

I like the Commodore Title.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The title is coming??? Who said? I have had hopes for this since launch! I really hope so!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Guess I'll need to make a new human character named Lionel Richie. LOL.:D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I could have sworn a Stahl mentioned it before. I think he said with the TOS pack.

I really hope it'll be offered in another way.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The title is coming??? Who said? I have had hopes for this since launch! I really hope so!

I suggested adding it to the TOS C-Store pack. Dstahl said he'd add it if there were no other plans for it... and then apparently, after researching, learned that it's planned as part of the fleet improvements and that it will be awarded for some kind of fleet participation.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The Commodore insignia is the same as *laughs* 'Lower half' :rolleyes: just have that on your uniform. But I agree with you and I think the title is a fair compromise for all players .
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I recall Dan Stahl mentioning its being reserved for Fleet Starbases.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    My bad, its for fleets then.

I still would like a special commodore insignia :)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    My bad, its for fleets then.

I still would like a special commodore insignia :)

Ya Dan did say Commodore was saved for Fleet but this was in the most recent Ask Cryptic. You might get one! :D

27. Simale - Q: (Paraphrasing) Will we ever have the ability to assign Fleet Ranks with uniform Rank Pins from Cadet to Fleet Admiral (from various eras) so that they match the rank the player has within the Fleet?

A: In addition to what you are asking for, we are also looking into this tech so that we can add various other badges to uniforms as well. These tech investigations don’t come with ETAs but I can say that I’d like to see it in game at some point and we are collaborating with the software team to make it happen.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I could have sworn a Stahl mentioned it before. I think he said with the TOS pack.

I really hope it'll be offered in another way.

if it comes in the TOS pack, I'm taking credit for the whole dang thing, because back in October or November, I suggested the following:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=187606
    In light of the upcoming "Enterprise" bundle which will be coming to the C-Store, I would like to propose the following bundles, which I feel could be well recieved among the players.

Flashback Bundle #1 - TOS Lovers Pack
    - Retrofit TOS Constitution Class Starship:

Tier 3.5 "Retrofit" TOS Constitution Class
    Available at Captain rank and above

Hull: 27500
    Turn: 8 Deg. / Sec.
    Consoles: 2 Eng / 2 Sci / 2 Tac
    Bridge Officers:
    •Lieutentant Commander Engineering
    •Lieutentant Engineering
    •Lieutentant Science
    •Lieutentant Tactical
    Weapons: 3 Fore / 3 Aft
    Crew: 500
    Devices: 3

- TOS Era Bridge
    - TOS Era Ship Interior, based on the graphics from "Everything Old Is New Again" (Medium Size Only)
    - TOS Era Weapons Cache (Includes {3} Type II TOS Hand Phasers and {2} Type III TOS Phaser Rifles
    - "Commodore" Vanity Title
    - "The Cage" / "Where No Man Has Gone Before" TOS Pilot Uniforms

Note: TOS Era Hand Weapons would be "Uncommon" Level, that scale with your in-game rank.

Personally, I think this bundle would be well recieved, and very profitable for Cryptic. Based on the rave reviews the latest Devidian episode recieved, it seems very clear that people WANT Original Series stuff, and the artists at Cryptic have been doing a fantastic job in replicating the era graphically.

Short of the upgraded TOS Connie, it sounds like most of what I suggested is in game now (through episode replay) or is in the upcoming TOS Pack.

Including...Vanity Title "Commodore".

:D

This would make me very happy!