test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TNG:A FInal Unity Meets STO?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Are there any fans of this 1995 Microprose game? Has anyone considered recreating these missions in sto? Just curious!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    My mission, The demon encounter is a recreation of the mission The Demon World from Interplay's Star Trek 25th anniversary.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    just remember be careful when it comes to replicating copyright materials....
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I actulay Have a question on this topic and can't be assed looking through the EULA to find it out myself.

Can we qoute dialog for Trek Films and Episodes.

For example. The ferengi in a monkey suite or

the entire dialogue near the end of Generations.

Some one once told me that time is a preditor.....

I'd don't know about you captain, But I plan to live fore ever. or

Shields up Captain....

I've never been this close.

Some of these are in my mission, no stealies please.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thats an interesting question. according to the EULA, 'You may not use copyrighted content from the Properties'. With that said if you are quoting.....I don't know that the same context still applies.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Which means "Engage" is forbidden since I'm sure Paramount had it copywritten.

SO STOP USING IT! :p
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    weissmr wrote: »
    Are there any fans of this 1995 Microprose game? Has anyone considered recreating these missions in sto? Just curious!

I seen this and knda freaked out.. I wrote a Movie script based on that game. An i plan on making my version of that game in a series of foundry missions. But not untill it goes onto holodeck. I've made a mission called Rescuse the U.S.S. COLE. and that mission has become broken due to foundry updates. So i had to withdraw the mission. I will repost it when the foundry goes on holodeck.

IF anyone wants to read my script. email me optimaloptimusprimus@hotmail.com

- OOP