test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not even one "sorry" for the crash

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
There are currently 7 posts on the Dev tracker about the server problems, and not even one of them says so much as they are sorry for the problems. It might not be anyone's "fault", but the least you can do is tell your customers your sorry when this happens. Then again, I guess not saying it is the least you can do.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Actually, they did apologize ingame for the short notice that they were taking the server down for maintenance.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    well thats just great now they cant say sorry cause then someone will say that they said sorry cause we told them to =/
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Summit wrote: »
    well thats just great now they cant say sorry cause then someone will say that they said sorry cause we told them to =/

We shouldnt have to tell them to, it should be the first thing you say to a customer any time there is a problem with their service.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    We shouldnt have to tell them to, it should be the first thing you say to a customer any time there is a problem with their service.

they did, in game :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    davejl_99 wrote: »
    Actually, they did apologize ingame for the short notice that they were taking the server down for maintenance.

that's great, I couldn't even stay logged in longer than 2 seconds to see that though
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Isn't it a tad more important that they fix the error first?

Having worked on a large-scale IT project, I can well imagine that it's all hands to the pumps right now.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nahai wrote:

Having worked on a large-scale IT project, I can well imagine that it's all hands to the pumps right now.

I never said that the people who are doing the fixing should stop. I'm talking about the people who are posting on the forums about it.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    And last week, someone said "Don't tell us you're sorry, FIX IT"

This amuses me. Therefore, I am amused.
  • Options
    edited February 2011

They apologized in game, and posted on forums about the outage.

I am GLAD they are spending my money focusing on fixing the issue, not spending countless hours responding to the plethora of posts on the subject within the forums.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nahai wrote:

yeah, maybe, but I think SOME of those hands are busy with other things!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well, if they switched over to the Borg Enhanced Hampsters, I'm sure the wheels would be spiining lag free and them ppl can get back online :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I never said that the people who are doing the fixing should stop. I'm talking about the people who are posting on the forums about it.

Who said anything about stopping? We know there's something going on, we know they're working like firecrackers...do we really need an apology right now? No. Like many others I'd rather they had every single person on tap sorting this out until such a time they can post a quick 'sorry'.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I couldn't care less if Cryptic apologizes or not, and i don't see what the big deal is about it. If something happens to spoil my gameplay, i know that the dev team is going to be working on it, to get it back up asap. Thats good enough for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well it did happen really really fast..they announced it down at 1245.....it was 1245 when they announced it...
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i actually cant believe anyone would actually make a post to complain that the devs have not said the word sorry. i think i may have seen it all now.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    This is a pretty minor complaint, but it is also a pretty common part of customer relations. So while I am not "offended" by the lack of apology, I am still surprised by it.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i actually cant believe anyone would actually make a post to complain that the devs have not said the word sorry. i think i may have seen it all now.

lol i'm sure the best is still yet to come :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    No Revo....not all.....just close to all....
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nahai wrote:
    Who said anything about stopping? We know there's something going on, we know they're working like firecrackers...do we really need an apology right now? No. Like many others I'd rather they had every single person on tap sorting this out until such a time they can post a quick 'sorry'.

at most there are 3 of them working on it, it's the weekend, i bet they don't get paided over time,
    and if you knew anything, about "IT",

the biggest dude there says when the sever crashes: " dude it crashed again,", his work mate/ lowerend employee who dose most of the work say:, "yup it did", "time for a smoke break",
    they walk out as the 3rd person who is allso there who takes the phone calls and sweeps the floor runs in saying:
    "dudes my chr just lost it and the sever crashed! ", the biggest dude says as he walks out to smoke:< "i told you, not to do that exploit bug to kill the players in pvp, and i told you it would crash the severs.",

the sweeper guys say :, "yay dude i know, but that guy who i think is from accounting was on, and i needed to win!"
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    This is a pretty minor complaint, but it is also a pretty common part of customer relations. So while I am not "offended" by the lack of apology, I am still surprised by it.

but they did apologize, in-game. (even via XMPP clients, like Pidgin). :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Sorry, the game booted me out without any kind of message other than "disconnected from server".
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I am still looking forward to OP aplogizing for being wrong. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Asakara wrote:
    I am still looking forward to OP aplogizing for being wrong. :)

If you take the time to read what he wrote, you will see he was referring specifically to the posts on the forums.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    If it will make the OP feel better - I'm sorry.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    If you take the time to read what he wrote, you will see he was referring specifically to the posts on the forums.

Need a hug again? :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm sorry. err..
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm sorry too, OP. For your trouble:

An ATARI 2600 and E.T. game, as well as a complimentary trip to Haiti for a week.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Asakara wrote:
    Need a hug again? :)

Nah, I'm good. But I like how you avoided admitting being wrong :o
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Server is up. GO PLAY
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nah, I'm good. But I like how you avoided admitting being wrong :o

I am going to go play STO rather than play "most coolest STO interwebz forum warrior" with you... But hugs are still available if you change your mind. :)
This discussion has been closed.