test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Greetings from a newbie...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Ten Forward
...Just wanted to pop-in on the community and say hi. I'm a complete newbie to the game (as in I subbed yesterday after someone sent me trial code) coming over from playing Champions Online for the last year plus. I'm a bit overwhelmed ATM with only a handful of hours at the helm but hopefully things will start making sense to me soon.

Anyway, greetings again, glad to be here and...uh, where's a new player go to get introduced to some basic "need to knows" around here? :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well, here. Almost all of the 10 Fowardites here are experienced with the game, and have attained high rank within Starfleet Command and the Klingon Defense Forces.

So let me be the first to welcome you to Ten Foward! Don't **** off Capulet, Ravenstein is in charge here in absence of Cappy, stay away from Hort, and join in with some of the RPs we have here. All are run and played by friendly participants. Take a swig 'o Romulan Ale (Just ignore the fact that its illegal in this forum. There was once an RP with entire ships made of Romulan Ale), and have fun!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    hi and welcome. we have the one year anniversary party going on so dont be surprised if earth spacedock looks a little wacky at the moment. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    spartan844 wrote:
    Well, here. Almost all of the 10 Fowardites here are experienced with the game, and have attained high rank within Starfleet Command and the Klingon Defense Forces.

So let me be the first to welcome you to Ten Foward! Don't **** off Capulet, Ravenstein is in charge here in absence of Cappy, stay away from Hort, and join in with some of the RPs we have here. All are run and played by friendly participants. Take a swig 'o Romulan Ale (Just ignore the fact that its illegal in this forum. There was once an RP with entire ships made of Romulan Ale), and have fun!

Ravenstein is the leader here, period. Cappy ventures off on her little stints but Raven is always here. Long live the Empress Ravenstein.

Ohh hi new guy, welcome. If we ever meet the kanar is on your tab. Write that down.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ravenstein is the leader here, period. Cappy ventures off on her little stints but Raven is always here. Long live the Empress Ravenstein.

Ohh hi new guy, welcome. If we ever meet the kanar is on your tab. Write that down.
    Actually, Hairy, you forget.

There's 3 parts to Ten Forward. The Pro-Cappy, the Pro-Ravenstein, and the "I don't knowz".
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    spartan844 wrote:
    stay away from Hort

Hey, I thought it was just the girls you guys were warning away from me.... :(
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    MGDawson wrote: »
    Actually, Hairy, you forget.

There's 3 parts to Ten Forward. The Pro-Cappy, the Pro-Ravenstein, and the "I don't knowz".

You must be pro-cappy. BURN HERETIC! FOR THE EMPRESS!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Excuse me? You want to be excommunicated from the Church? Isn't pleasant. I force feed your nanites sugar at 2am. Ever see a Borg with nanites on a sugar rush? isn't pretty. *PUNT*

This is loyalty to the Empress? That is the problem with dictatorships, absolute power and corrupted followers doing horrid acts in the name of the government they serve so "loyally"
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Another newbie?

OUTSIDERS!

*grabs pitchfork*

Get of my laaaannnnd! :p

welcome nonetheless
  • Options
    edited February 2011

And here I was thinking I was the only pro-cappy!

TenForward nees to be a republic again, as my good friend Palpatine will explain :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Capulet wrote: »
    Excuse me? You want to be excommunicated from the Church? Isn't pleasant. I force feed your nanites sugar at 2am. Ever see a Borg with nanites on a sugar rush? isn't pretty. *PUNT*

This is loyalty to the Empress? That is the problem with dictatorships, absolute power and corrupted followers doing horrid acts in the name of the government they serve so "loyally"

How easily you are offended by a simple statement that was meant to be a jest. I was only trying to goad MGD into admitting his loyalties.

Ravenstein runs the world however she likes. Its not my place to question the Empress.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    How easily you are offended by a simple statement that was meant to be a jest. I was only trying to goad MGD into admitting his loyalties.

Ravenstein runs the world however she likes. Its not my place to question the Empress.

I don't recognise her authority. I didn't vote for her :p

What's the worst that could happen?

Wait... I'm dressed as a redshirt in my Avi. Oh shi...
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    *Tryulis steps on landmine that appears only when redshirts are present*

O......k..........

Back to the subject... ARE YOU GUYS TRYING TO START A WAR?!?

Look, let's just divide into to parties, Pro-Cappy, and Pro-Raven, and hold elections every year, or just try to co-exist as two governments in the same area. The last thing we need right now is a war, especially since I just got the Halo Encyclopedia, so I can now find all sorts of stuff to crush BOTH sides with, and rule the threads myself!
    ............................................. Oh, ****! You did not just hear that! In fack, ya know what? Cloaked Lettering! HA!
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Your AI needs a tune up too, I punt for fun. When I stop talking to you is when i'm offended. *MALLET*
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    From one newbie to another welcome to the game. I hope you enjoy your time here :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Same here, wecome to 10F, where crazy trains do happen in a regular basis.:D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Who's for bacon? :p
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I am part of the pro bacon group I will admit.