test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What are shield generators used for and how?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited December 2010 in The Academy
What are shield generators used for and how? I tried to use them in my ship slots and nothing.I tried on my away team.Nothing.What are these things good for?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Those are commodities. If you read the description it says that. It is used in Aid the Planet missions which are found in exploration areas such as Delta Volanis. Missions are given at random in these exploration areas when you scan an anomaly in that area.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    There are many types of commodiities...provisions, medical supplies, shield generators, self sealing stem bolts, warp coils

all kinds of things. Their only purpose is for "Aid the Planet" missions where the planet wants 10 or 20 of a type of commodity.

Also, there's no reason to keep these around in your inventory...just stash them in your bank and they can be used during Aid the Planet missions.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Entertainment Provisions and Self-Sealing Stem Bolts are also used for a mission at DS9. I recommend stocking up on each for when you get there.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Actually you can buy them right in your replicator on your ship....so easy now, lol
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    starfire26 wrote:
    Actually you can buy them right in your replicator on your ship....so easy now, lol

At 150% of base cost. Not much of an issue at Commander+, but for the frugal types...
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Great answers guys! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    There are many types of commodiities...provisions, medical supplies, shield generators, self sealing stem bolts, warp coils

all kinds of things. Their only purpose is for "Aid the Planet" missions where the planet wants 10 or 20 of a type of commodity.

Also, there's no reason to keep these around in your inventory...just stash them in your bank and they can be used during Aid the Planet missions.

Wait... you mean I can stockpile them in the bank and I don't need to get them out of the bank to use them?

DOH!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    All,
    I am not seeing warp coils for sale anywhere. Werent they avail from that commodities broker guy near Lessa on Earth Space Station? :confused:

TIA

gstone
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    gstone42 wrote: »
    All,
    I am not seeing warp coils for sale anywhere. Werent they avail from that commodities broker guy near Lessa on Earth Space Station? :confused:

TIA

gstone
    Warp Core is a higher level commodity. You need to look at the broker on ST 39 or DS9, or, as always, you can get them from your Replicator on your ship.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    MT,
    Thank you for the reply! I am on my way!

gstone:D