test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cold Case-Asteroid Bug

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
Hey all,

When doing the "Cold Case" mission cannot move past the "Destroy Asteroids 0/3" objective. Even after I destroyed them, I just sit there not knowing what to do next. Has anyone had this issue?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Nope, tells me to scan the star map. But haven't done it today.

Possible just need to scroll down the mission step list thing? Unlikely, but best to ask just in case ;)
    edited December 2010
    Axterix wrote:
    Possible just need to scroll down the mission step list thing? Unlikely, but best to ask just in case ;)

When I destroy the asteroids the objective still lists "0/3". It does not even register that I destroyed them
    edited December 2010
    Same problem here, I just tried it and after destroying them it still said 0/3 destroyed.

I've had 2 other problems with the Deferi missions. In Cold Call I couldn't scan the warp particles, the button just wouldn't work. In Cold Storage after defeating the hostile squadrons at the start, it didn't count it as done.

Also, the description of the S'hinga system is really stupid. "Both S'hinga prime and its moon orbit a class B dwarf star". Wow really, they both orbit the star? Isn't it kind of obvious that the moon would orbit the same star as the planet?
    edited December 2010
    Same issue for me. I dropped and repeated twice, same problem.
    edited December 2010
    Same issue. WTF? Worked perfectly for all my other characters. I swear that STO is like Whack A' Mole... one problem gets fixed and 3 others take its place.
    edited December 2010
    Also, the description of the S'hinga system is really stupid. "Both S'hinga prime and its moon orbit a class B dwarf star". Wow really, they both orbit the star? Isn't it kind of obvious that the moon would orbit the same star as the planet?

That is rather silly, but for a slightly different reason. Being a moon and all, I expect it to orbit the planet. If it were orbiting the star, well, that's what planets, planetoids, and the like do, not moons.
    edited December 2010
    Hedara90 wrote: »
    Hey all,

When doing the "Cold Case" mission cannot move past the "Destroy Asteroids 0/3" objective. Even after I destroyed them, I just sit there not knowing what to do next. Has anyone had this issue?

Yep Quest is broken for me and a friend of mine too, we tried it to play the quest solo once, and grouped twice, everytime same result, the asteroid rubbles will not count, so the mission is broken.
    edited December 2010
    Yep, tried four times.

After doing it twice yesterday, I bugged it. After another try I tried for a GM thinking it was just me since I couldn't find a thread about it on the forum at the time, and hoped they'd just tick the counter so I could finish the Breen missions but I got tired after two hours of waiting and logged.

Tried again after this morning's mini-patch, just in case it was part of the server instability somehow, but it's still bugged.

It's frustrating because I can't finish the Breen missions until it's fixed.
    edited December 2010
    thats weird because i was replaying through the mission saturdays child and i had to destroy the asteroid at the end. i did so but it never registered as a kill. I thought that perhaps i had just done it too quickly and had not waited for the pop up dialogue after i had destroyed the klingon ship (being a much higher level than the mission). So i just quit the mission.

maybe its the asteroids that are bugged affecting all the destructible asteroids in the game? be interesting to see if those two are linked.
    edited December 2010
    Dont forget to file this in the bug section as well so the appropriate devs get to see it faster.
    edited December 2010
    Even more importantly, don't forget to file a bug ticket in-game. That's the first place the devs look for problems!
    edited December 2010
    Im getting the bug too :(
    edited December 2010
    shormshade has seen another thread and they are looking into it

my problem with saturday's child seems unrelated as i went back and completed the mission ok the second time.
    edited December 2010
    I'm a lifetime subscriber who hasn't played in months, the game was just not fun at launch. I'd been hearing some good things about the Episodic content so I logged on to play them. Hit this bug like a brick wall. Attempted to restart Cold Case 3 times to no effect. The slap of space paint in sector space is nice and all but the game seems as buggy as ever... I filed a bug report but I doubt I'll log back on to see if it gets a response. Too many good games out there to play to waste much time on this. *sigh*
    edited December 2010
    0/3 displayed after destroying the asteroids as well! Cryptic should have fixed this by now!

I to bought the game a long time ago when it first shipped but it was to buggy to play back then. Now I to give it another chance and what do you know ... more bugs!! *SIGH*

I dont have a lot of time for gaming because of work, and I dont want to waste houres ... just to find more bugs!!
    :mad:

/Xantian
    edited December 2010
    same problem, tried several different ways of doing it, but nope..

broken mission..

the sad thing is this, i am new to the game, i dont think i can do the 2nd eps without completing this one first?
    edited December 2010
    mohtz wrote:
    same problem, tried several different ways of doing it, but nope..

broken mission..

the sad thing is this, i am new to the game, i dont think i can do the 2nd eps without completing this one first?

You can do the Season 2 episodes independent of the Season 1 Arc.
    edited December 2010
    Xantian wrote:
    0/3 displayed after destroying the asteroids as well! Cryptic should have fixed this by now!

I to bought the game a long time ago when it first shipped but it was to buggy to play back then. Now I to give it another chance and what do you know ... more bugs!! *SIGH*

I dont have a lot of time for gaming because of work, and I dont want to waste houres ... just to find more bugs!!
    :mad:

/Xantian

It's also fairly annoying on a number of the missions how if you don't choose the exact choices expected by the flow chart, boop, start the mission over. Cryptic has done a fine job painting the game, but a pig with lipstick is still a pig.
    edited December 2010
    Got a GM reply, says to wait for the devs to fix it. Back to the proverbial shelf for you STO. I'll dust you off again Season 4 or 5, see if you've gotten any better then.
    edited December 2010
    Happened to me and a friend today. Spoke to a Gm who answered after i made a hot drink and was halfway through repeating it again, so immediately i was happy with the quick response, though we still tried to see if restarting it worked. It didn't of course but oh well, it will be fixed soon enough. Its not like i don't have plenty of other things to do, in STO or in real life.
    Seriously, some people seem to want bugs just to ***** like little brats. Calm down a little, the team are making great progress with the game and if one bug is killing the appeal for you, then spend some time working on your patience and decorum while waiting for the fix instead of some of the replies i've had to endure. We are still within its first year and the change has been massive. Support the game and the team instead of assuming STO is at the same level as Cataclysm is with Wow, because the 5 years i spent on Wow, the changes have been massive too. Patience is always rewarded, thats what i have come to learn about MMO's and also what i am learning from the Cryptic team.
    edited December 2010
    Me and a friend tried to complete it today. Same issue...destroyed the three asteroids...but it didnt register.
    edited December 2010
    Same here.
    edited December 2010
    ISSUE SUMMARY:
    I Destroyed the 3 Asteriod Rubbles .. but Mission progress dont update???

CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSES:
    Greetings, Thank you for contacting us regarding the destruction of asteroid rubble not counting toward mission completion in Preserved for Posterity. We would like to confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue. While we understand you would like us to be able to resolve your issue quickly, some issues require further development from departments outside our control and cannot be resolved by a GM. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing! Cryptic Studios Support
    edited December 2010
    Bugged out for me too, tried this twice on my Klingon toon but each time the asteroids do not register when destroyed, so annoying... sent a ticket and got the same GM response saying they are aware of the issue

Cold Case===> Put on the shelf until fixed
    edited December 2010
    I'm having the same issue, too.

Add this to the list of bugs in this game i'm paying monthly for.
    edited December 2010
    Having the same problem. I'm also a lifetime subscriber and thought I'd hop on yesterday to see what was new after not playing for months. I was really getting into this storyline, I was impressed by it especially when you interview Tran in the part before this episode. This was what I wanted to see, not just combat but a good story too. Then I hit this brick wall. :mad:
    edited December 2010
    same problem, fed and kdf
    edited December 2010
    Yes I am having the same issue. I played it last night, and the "0/3" happened to me. I even tried the mission again three times. Oh well...

Cmdr. Va'Rouke
    I.K.S. Shotar Glothov
    edited December 2010
    come on hot fix.
    edited December 2010
    Green117 wrote: »
    Happened to me and a friend today. Spoke to a Gm who answered after i made a hot drink and was halfway through repeating it again, so immediately i was happy with the quick response, though we still tried to see if restarting it worked. It didn't of course but oh well, it will be fixed soon enough. Its not like i don't have plenty of other things to do, in STO or in real life.
    Seriously, some people seem to want bugs just to ***** like little brats. Calm down a little, the team are making great progress with the game and if one bug is killing the appeal for you, then spend some time working on your patience and decorum while waiting for the fix instead of some of the replies i've had to endure. We are still within its first year and the change has been massive. Support the game and the team instead of assuming STO is at the same level as Cataclysm is with Wow, because the 5 years i spent on Wow, the changes have been massive too. Patience is always rewarded, thats what i have come to learn about MMO's and also what i am learning from the Cryptic team.

Good reply. But here is hoping for a quick fix!