test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

well guys guess it will be after the weekend before it comes back up...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Since we are getting very little updates (once again) I guess i might as well say that it looks like it wont be up again until next week that is my prediction. Its a shame that it was handled this way and that they could not forsee the fact that maybe everyone and his brother might want to try out the Foundry when it went beta... but thats the way it goes.

So if you guys have things to do tonight and what i would not worry about it too much. It will come back when it comes back. I mean i am a bit upset over the way it has been handled but..maybe just maybe they will also take this time to address some of our feedback issues and maybe even add some more interior maps (would be nice)

(Please fix Vulcan! that is such a cool map to be able to work with!)

but thats how it goes sometimes. Maybe they honestly did not predict the overload that was yesterday though if you ask me id rather have it stay online even in the load and let it settle down after a few hours...it would seem to me that the issue was just everyone was logging in at once.

however i do suppose that they do need to work on the server to allow for this as on live you may still have a lot of people working on maps and such at the same time...so maybe this downtime will help with that.

But anyways you all just take an easy and if you did not get in...chat with those who did and all. and at least for me i at least start planning some mission ideas now that i have some real info (finally) of how the foundry actually works!

lets hope they'll include some nice surprises and stuff for us when it comes back on for having us to wait :-)

but yeah if you (unlike me) actually have a life and need to do stuff tonight id say go do it...as chances are from the little information we've received today...(which is like one post) we wont be seeing the foundry back this weekend.

so be it! If you can add like 20 more interior maps (you really do need to have a lot considering the number of people who will be making missions and the fact that you dont want them to all to "feel" the same.. thus you need to have a very wide selection of interiors more so then the other two map types because simply they are the types that can least be edited to look "different" :-)

and so we wait!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I dont want to get anyone's hopes up, but you would think they would have gone ahead and told us if they knew it wouldnt be back up for the weekend. Its possible the reason their not saying anything is because their trying to get it back up this evening, although that doesnt necessarily mean they'll succeed.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I dont want to get anyone's hopes up, but you would think they would have gone ahead and told us if they knew it wouldnt be back up for the weekend. Its possible the reason their not saying anything is because their trying to get it back up this evening, although that doesnt necessarily mean they'll succeed.

I think the Nagus is right about this -- it's really simple to say "hey -- there's some pretty major issues and we're clearly not going to get them resolved and tested by this evening. Therefore, we don't anticipate getting the Foundry back online before next week sometime. We'll let you know if that changes."

It's also really easy to say "hey, just to let you know the problems seem minor and we hope we can have the Foundry back up before end of business PST. Stay tuned!"

That they haven't said either of these things -- and in fact have said very little at all -- probably means that they know what needs to be done and they hope they'll be able to get it going at some point today, but they can't be sure and they don't want to raise our hopes. At the same time, they also don't want to close the door on weekend testing, only to discover the fixes pass QA and can go live.

'Guarded optimism' should be our watchword, but don't be overly disappointed if it doesn't happen.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Tribbles just been closed for a update so we may or may not see it soon :)
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Yep, I second your opinion. The choice the cryptic guys have is A.) work like mad monkeys, try to get it back up before we go home or B.) Tell everyone we tried and to come back Monday and endure the plethora of threads of redhot flaming nerd rage.

I'd work pretty hard for A. if I were those guys.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Server just went down for an update... right after a dev on chat said "Let's hope we can get it back up soon......) I think he knew it was about to happen...
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yah, with Tribble down now, hopefully it will all be back in a few hours.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The patch notes imply the Foundry will come back tonight. That said, it's an implication, not a promise, so we'll just have to see. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Cross your fingers Grand Nagus, and throw a few slips of Latinum over your shoulder for good luck!

We just might see the Foundry come online in time for the weekend yet! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It is online... does anyone read the parts besides the area listed under "FOUNDRY"?

Look at the bottom of the notes, and it will say that foundry has been brought BACK ONLINE!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    it may seem that according to the upcoming tribble patch notes that the Foundry just may be re-enabled:

(look up the sticky on the tribble annoucements) but the jist here is:

The Foundry

* Several error-causing maps have been disabled, and are no longer selectable.
    * Several stability issues have been fixed. These should address the server load issues seen on Thursday's Open Beta test.

So i was wrong maybe?

this is one case where i would be glad to be wrong. Sometimes you are wrong and you feel really bad about it and then you have to go home and cry but at least this time i can be like hot dog i was wrong!

You know of course what Al Pacino says "a wiseguy is always right even when he is wrong he is right"

:D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    evenios wrote: »
    it may seem that according to the upcoming tribble patch notes that the Foundry just may be re-enabled:

(look up the sticky on the tribble annoucements) but the jist here is:

The Foundry

* Several error-causing maps have been disabled, and are no longer selectable.
    * Several stability issues have been fixed. These should address the server load issues seen on Thursday's Open Beta test.

So i was wrong maybe?

this is one case where i would be glad to be wrong. Sometimes you are wrong and you feel really bad about it and then you have to go home and cry but at least this time i can be like hot dog i was wrong!

You know of course what Al Pacino says "a wiseguy is always right even when he is wrong he is right"

:D

Look at the bottom of the dang patch notes.