What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mission caps

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
touchy subject, but we best give our input before it gets set in stone

Maximum missions per account
by my reconing

1-3 missions max. Why did you waste your time making foundry ? seriously ?
4-5 missions max. Poor, you will have a mix bag of player created missions with almost no
dedicated UGC writers
6-10 missions max. passable, if dedicated writers have a way to increase that if needed
11-15 max. good...more than enuff for most writers, very few will find that limiting.
16- ? max. That works

Do keep in mind that a mission cap might be .... server memory protection insurance on your part,
it is a deal breaker on the players part.

From launch to current, when you think you know what the players want...and you act on it,
you are usually wrong

ASK US....don't guess
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'd really like to see no cap at all. Granted, I see the point about data storage, but is it *that* expensive or prohibitive? I mean, I have 7+ Gbs available on Gmail, and these missions shouldn't be that large individually. If there *must* be a cap, I'd hope for something around 50+ missions. And then, suppose you build more, can you pull older missions that you no longer think are up to your standard?

What if, if there IS some kind of cost attached, say we purchase more mission storage in C Store credits, like 1000 per every 20 missions or something?

But overall, I still say let's not have any limits.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I can see some limit...not a low one and the reason that I see it is something few have prob thought of.

hacker/griefer

If they had no limit, what would stop an enterprising griefer from
    writing a bot that makes a barebones mission...publishes it, makes another..and another
    1 a minute...til the server crashes
    Just to cause everyone grief.

so regardless, the very top limit should not exceed 100 period....as a safety measure
    and no more than 1-2 a day published.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    If they see gr33f3rs they should elimeownate them immeowdiately, termeownating their account. Meow! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm fine with a mission cap on uncompleted missions. As stated elsewhere, the server would fill up with abandoned work in no time. However, I feel there shouldn't be a cap AT ALL on published missions. Having the cap on uncompleted missions would be an incentive to either finish work on the missions or scrap them if you've got something bigger and better in the works...
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I have a story arc planned similiar to how their doing the series missions... so 5 minimum please :D
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I have to say, I agree with the Published mission cap. Now unpublished? I think that should be unlimited and save to your hard drive.