test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tokens/trinkets for finishing UGC missions?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I realize we want to be very careful in assigning XP and loot rewards for completing missions. But I would be just as interested in loot that has only sentimental value. I'm thinking of Picard's ressican flute he got at the end of Inner Light. Maybe I can make a trophy?

EB
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'd actually love it if authors could introduce new Accolades that will be collectible across multiple story-arcs. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    This is going to spawn a whole realm of Designers putting new art together. It would be really cool if we can provide rewards ourselves or maybe the Foundry will limit the reward bonses based on type of mission and rank level?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm not as much interested in creating items that would give players an advantage in game as I am a tangible reminder of the content that they did.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    If I am not mistaken, somewhere a developer mensioned that in the future
    they 'might' add certain rewards to UGC missions based on thier 'developers' evaluations.

That might just be a basic 'Prob not but reserve the right to change our mind' kinda answer.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'd be cool with (if an actual crafting system was available) the designer putting forward to Cryptic an item reward for completing a mission. The mission would obviously have to be approved for content for it to go live for other players so there would be no exploit to jump in, complete the mission through dialogue only, and jump out for a purple MK XI DHC. The author crafting an uncommon or rare item for completing the mission would be a nice touch.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    well at first it will prob be just exp.
    and maybe an acolade for completing X number of different UGC missions

10 - Holodeck Dabbler
    50 - Drama critic
    100 - Holodeck scholar
    250 - Holo addict :p

or other funny stuff
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    SP3CTREnyc wrote:
    I'd be cool with (if an actual crafting system was available) the designer putting forward to Cryptic an item reward for completing a mission. The mission would obviously have to be approved for content for it to go live for other players so there would be no exploit to jump in, complete the mission through dialogue only, and jump out for a purple MK XI DHC. The author crafting an uncommon or rare item for completing the mission would be a nice touch.

Agreed. But wouldn't be nice if I could give you a custom award based on the content of my quest chain. Something that has no real value in game, of course, but something special for slogging through all of those newbie-created quests I made.

EB
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Just make sure you don't end up like this guy.