What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All Good Things Uniforms

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    jThat was just something that was used by the medical personal on that ship.

Just to point out... the uniform was used 3 times...
    (TNG: "All Good Things...", VOY: "Endgame", DS9: "The Visitor")

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_uniform_%28alternate%29

Edit:
    also, interestingly... a note at the bottom of that link i put says:

"Riker may just choose to wear an old uniform, since Admirals have been shown to have a wide latitude with their uniforms."

STO's many uniforms may be cannonish :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    just wanted to point out that that uniform is not actualy the uniform the future federation will stay with. That was just something that was used by the medical personal on that ship.

You see a differing uniform on the people from the Federation with the time ships....and a differing look on the Federation that traveled through dimensions.

In truth the All Good Things Episode was interesting...but as Q in that episode said...."With time, nothing is set in stone"...and also since the future versions didnt know about things that happened in the past(like in that epsiode about the hole in space as only picard did as a gift from Q for the Test) then you can pretty much be certain that those events will never take place.

Just like how in Enterprise...none of those events ever took place either..becasue the series was technicaly a differing timeline(that was pretty much revealed form the Fedration guy from the future who told Archer that..and shortly after...Archer ends up in another alternate furture where Earth Fell..talk about bad luck)

The uniform in "AGT' was seen in 2 other separate futures in 2 other separate shows. I would argue that if the same exact uniform makes an appearance in 3 separate alternate futures, it's likely that it will be the uniform for the prime reality as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    And on another note. The uniform on the time ship was from the 29th century. The All Good Things Uniform comes from the 25th century.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    And on another note. The uniform on the time ship was from the 29th century. The All Good Things Uniform comes from the 25th century.

All you did was point out another uniform type I would like to have. Though, I do still want all of the variants of uniforms we already have first. At least, all the on screen variants (yes, especially the skant).
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    On that note, there are some NPC clothes that are still not available for normal Fed player characters or BOs. Those knee-high pants with the big pockets, for example - one of the officers in the ESD crew recruitment/training area is wearing it. They resemble the pants worn by the TNG/DS9/VOY-era Academy cadets and would work nice with the existing uniforms, I think.
    KDF has a similar "problem" with some locked options. I hope that, given time, all those become available for us. :3
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I hope this isn't a 200/100 day gift :( I don't want to wait THAT long to wear this outfit >_< I'm already sad about having to wait that long to get the AGT combadge
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Valias wrote:
    On that note, there are some NPC clothes that are still not available for normal Fed player characters or BOs. Those knee-high pants with the big pockets, for example - one of the officers in the ESD crew recruitment/training area is wearing it. They resemble the pants worn by the TNG/DS9/VOY-era Academy cadets and would work nice with the existing uniforms, I think.
    KDF has a similar "problem" with some locked options. I hope that, given time, all those become available for us. :3

The DS9 era cadet pants were long split bottoms w/ large pockets (love them). Can you provide a screenshot of the ones you are talking about? When I look at my "knee high" selection all I see is the one pair of pants and it does have large pockets.
    Now what I would like to see that I can't find on the tailor are the boots the Deferi use, I think there are npc on Vulcan wearing them too. What about the hoods the Vulcan monks get to wear?
    Grig32 wrote: »
    I hope this isn't a 200/100 day gift :( I don't want to wait THAT long to wear this outfit >_< I'm already sad about having to wait that long to get the AGT combadge

Don't worry, I doubt it will be. Those rewards are already out in game and I SERIOUSLY doubt they will reprogram the game to switch either of those out for this. Given the number of people requesting it I can bet that this will be a c-store item.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I hope so, I've been saving money up just to GET the ENT uniforms and the AGT set :D
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Valias wrote:
    Definitively, for me as well - but isn't it true that (due to the padding) they are less form-fitting than the season 1 uniforms? Those really showed everything. So actually, too tight = bad. :p

Hm. I did not even notice that!
    I just linked that picture because it showed the uniforms and I liked Chekov's expression. :p

Fun story about the season 1 uniforms... Patrick Stewart's doctor caused them to change those uniforms. Was causing him back problems [one size too small lycra apparently is bad for you :)]. So, while my memory of that episode's uniforms is lacking, almost certainly, they would be looser.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Wilv wrote: »
    The DS9 era cadet pants were long split bottoms w/ large pockets (love them). Can you provide a screenshot of the ones you are talking about? When I look at my "knee high" selection all I see is the one pair of pants and it does have large pockets.
    Yes, they are not yet available for customization, sadly. The pants you mentioned don't really fit to the TNG movie top as the color palette does not match up. :(

I'll make a screenshot of the pants worn by the NPCs tonight. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I don't see what all the fuss is about, I already know what they're going to look like.

They'll look like the uniform that future Riker wore in "All good things..."
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Geoff_484 wrote:
    I don't see what all the fuss is about, I already know what they're going to look like.

- Or Janeway, Ensign Paris and Commander Barclay in Endgame.
    - Or Commander Dax, Bashir and Captain Nog in The Visitor

Same uniform style used in 3 separate instances, but collectively known as the "AGT uniforms".
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Geoff_484 wrote:

No, you're picturing the wrong outfit. Riker was wearing an older adimral's uniform.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    What I love about the AGT uniforms is that even though they were always seen in an alternative time line, they are the closest uniforms to the STO time line. The uniforms from the last TNG movie and even the Countdown comics are at least 30 years old now.

Plus we already have the combadge :D
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    RE: the canceled "Generations" uniforms:
    I think if you took this design and made it high def, then made it the new NPC default (and every series aside from Voyager changed uniforms at least once mid-run), it would be a great way to highlight the game's progress along with Qu'onos and ESD revamps. Imagine this rolling out for the first anniversary..

/signed!

If the lines on the collar were closer to the way it looked in late TNG (the pics I've seen don't look "crisp" enough for my tastes) then it would be THE vanilla-in-a-good-way Starfleet uniform. I gotta wonder if it belongs to CBS or Paramount though...
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Valias wrote:
    Actually, I think the loose variant looks pretty good. A "back to the roots" style that lets the uniforms appear somewhat casual. Just like in TOS.

It looks like Data fell thru the ceiling and is going to go thru the floor, lol.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    No offense but the AGT unis have got to be the ugliest in the trek universe.:D I'll pass on those.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Can you provide a screenshot of the ones you are talking about?
    As promised: Click Me

These pants are sorely needed in character customization! :D

Good mix between the "hip-hop jeans" (the only trousers with large pockets we currently have) and the tight pants, quite close to what the Academy cadets had in the shows. And unlike the TNG pants, these can actually be worn with boots (I still think every pair of pants should come with an option to show/hide boots, like in APB).

Actually, it seems like those are the tight pants we have, just with pockets added to them. As if they are a sub-option. I know STO has a menu for this, but this alternative is missing.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Valias wrote:
    As promised: Click Me

These pants are sorely needed in character customization! :D

Good mix between the "hip-hop jeans" (the only trousers with large pockets we currently have) and the tight pants, quite close to what the Academy cadets had in the shows. And unlike the TNG pants, these can actually be worn with boots (I still think every pair of pants should come with an option to show/hide boots, like in APB).

Actually, it seems like those are the tight pants we have, just with pockets added to them. As if they are a sub-option. I know STO has a menu for this, but this alternative is missing.

I believe those are indeed a sub option that can be added to any pants.

And I could see myself picking up a C-Store "extras" pack with pants pouches, merc belt, chest, and arm gear and some other features like that if they were cross faction.

I'm hoping in the meantime that Enterprise uniforms unlock those pouches. I'd love those on TMP pants.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I don't know about anyone else who likes this uniform but from my point it looked like a GREAT combination of the TOS, TMP and TNG uniforms. It's got the TMP flap, the TOS color scheme in a TNG style. I know that this will definitely be on my to buy list.

Actually, the color scheme of the AGT uniforms was pure 24th century Trek. Red for command, yellow for operations/engineering/security, blue for medical/science. Link

I personally, never liked the AGT uniforms, though I do like the combadges, and that's what my crew is using now in combination with the TNG movie uniforms.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    It's a photo of someone in a TOS uniform pasted on top of photo still from TOS with a TNG Operations officer being "explosion tossed" in the background for some odd reason. A rather hasty job of photoshopping really.

:cool:

The "someone" in the TOS uniform is Davey Jones....lead singer of "The Monkees"....the whole reason that the Chekov character was created, was to appeal to the younger viewers. Gene wanted a "Davey Jones" type of guy....Enter Walter Koenig......
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mac_Leod wrote:
    Actually, the color scheme of the AGT uniforms was pure 24th century Trek. Red for command, yellow for operations/engineering/security, blue for medical/science. Link

I personally, never liked the AGT uniforms, though I do like the combadges, and that's what my crew is using now in combination with the TNG movie uniforms.

I'm well aware of what the colors coding was for the TOS divisions. By TOS color scheme I meant black bottom w/ a yello,red,blue top w/ just a hint of black. The TOS had this hint of black on the collars of the undershirts that peeked through the duty sweaters and the AGT one accomplishes the same effect w/ the TNG style shoulder trim.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    I'm pretty sure a leak of these images will be coming fairly soon. Just to make sure though, I'll poke Stahl for you all. ;)

Thanks,

Stormshade

No news? If poking doesnt work, try shoving him! :p
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Morgomir wrote: »
    No news? If poking doesnt work, try shoving him! :p

Do we even have a clue as to when they are releasing this? I mean, since this was 2nd place winner in that outfit poll I would have thought that for sure this would have been out before the 7/9 or Enterprise costumes. However, the 7/9 costume is already out and we have seen screenshots of the Enterprise costume, the T'Pol costume (which was the last place winner) and the mirror Enterprise costume (which wasn't even in the poll).

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=173042
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    -sigh- they're going to be released with - or after - season 3

for the umpteenth time :p
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Grig32 wrote: »
    -sigh- they're going to be released with - or after - season 3

for the umpteenth time :p

Yes, that much I knew but I was wondering if a more exact time line had been stated. For example, we know that dstahl said they want to release the ENT uniforms and the NX as a holiday bundle deal, so we know that towards the last week of December we might see some of those. As it stands all we know about this uniform is that it will be sometime in December,maybe.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Valias wrote:
    Now that you mention it - it might actually be possible to use the AGT model to recreate the field excursion uniform or even the combat dress worn by the Starfleet troops on AR-558. Well, depending on how thin or thick the stripes end up being.

I'm sorry, my nerdiness is disallowing me from leaving it alone.

That is not AR-558, that is Ajilon Prime.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Combadge wrote:
    What? No. That's a bit of a stretch to say that the intended new Starfleet uniforms for Generations looked very similar to outfits in "All Good Things". They easily had as much in common with the standard uniforms used in the TNG era, except with a slightly more naval flair to them. And I don't recall budget concerns being the reason they were dropped from the movie, but who knows.

For those who haven't seen what we're talking about:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_c_MaBzzRV2A/S-iWXTHmD6I/AAAAAAAAHLQ/Oi-Cekaions/s1600/generationspicard5.jpg

Want.

[][][][]
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Valias wrote:

I hate her. She's such a ***** IRL.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    They wont touch this thread at all, come on...fans of this uniform want to see/hear some good news...after all we have been waiting since the combadge came out....and its dumb that the full uniform wasnt even used as the 200 day reward...and now we get shafted for the 7 of 9 outfit and Enterprise uniforms...madness!! :p