test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Failable and branchable missions?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
With the initial UGC tools we are likely to have, will it be possible to fail a mission? Likewise, will it be possible to "loop back" if your character fails at the task at hand (for example, when Q made you fight increasingly difficult Borg mobs). I'm thinking of a story where if you fail to save a key character you get some "you failed" dialogue and are placed back at the beginning of that battle to try again.

EB
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'd also like the option to fail, period. With no chance to take the mission again without teaming up with someone else who is doing the mission.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    well from a writing standpoint...there are 2 different things when you say...you can fail

1. set a condition--- you blow up--if it happens the game kicks you out of the adventure, you fail.
    or the thing your protecting dies ect...

I call that general fail

2. the more useful one --- multiple endings/paths
    with this one you can have them fail --- one possible ending with aftermath, very nice
    or multiple winning paths
    or both winning and losing paths
    ect...

all and all, I would prefer multiple paths and endings...it covers all bases.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yes, multiple endings would be the perfect solution/feature. As long as all endings completes the missions. No matter if it goes wrong or right or meh.

Blowing up just means they will respawn and try again and again.

But the mission rewards needs to be different for different endings. So I hope they will incorporate that soon.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think it should work. If you put a chain of events to occur once a player hits 2% health, for example. That keeps them from blowing up and respawning.