test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic, can we get a signup list for closed beta UGC?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Nothing fancy, just an official thread we can post ' pick me ! ' or whatever.

As much as we can't wait to us it....it is not for everyone.
If you just randomly throw out invites...a large portion of them will be unused.
Not everyone is into writting thier own stuff.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If you're not in the closed beta by now, you're not getting in!

Sorry. There's always open beta in a few weeks.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

so true, couple weeks, no biggie
    but still it would be nice.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

"By now"? It just started(for people outside of the "friends and family" of the Devs) a couple of days ago. Anyway, to respond to the OP's question it has nothing to do with asking to get in. Their only inviting people who have already proven helpful on Tribble in testing content in the past. So if you've done that, you may get invited. If not, its a little late now to get into the closed beta. But as already said, the open beta will be on Tribble in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Many folks often say...good things are worth the wait. They say it way too often.

But in this case, it might be true, UGC is so important, it will be worth the short wait.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I thought about trying to hit up some of the developers for access... but sadly I'm between houses right now, and living out of a laptop that can't run STO. So I wouldn't really be able to run it anyway. Oh well, bad timing.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "By now"? It just started(for people outside of the "friends and family" of the Devs) a couple of days ago. Anyway, to respond to the OP's question it has nothing to do with asking to get in. Their only inviting people who have already proven helpful on Tribble in testing content in the past. So if you've done that, you may get invited. If not, its a little late now to get into the closed beta. But as already said, the open beta will be on Tribble in a couple of weeks.

Makes total sense.

Would love to help out with this, but doing & playing so many tests, betas, and games right now I would not be able to give this or the Tribble server the time it deserves.

Next year I guess.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'd love to kick the tires, just to get a better idea what stories I'll be able to tell. Right now I have several in my head, but it may be that none of them are suitable for the version of the Foundry we will be given.

EB