test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Good idea.. maybe?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
we cant do anything on our ships except look around. So I understand that when the foundry comes out we cant create a mission were we have to fight off borg invaders off our bridge? Isn't it possible within the limits of the foundrys release that we can create an area that appears to be places of your ship or some other ship. In the mission you establish that you are beaming over to the klingon ship so that when you change maps you feel even more like you are on another ship fighting? I know I cant create the random ship looking place out of nothing so i would just prop it up on a nearby planet...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    They said somewhere that you shouldn't expect to make missions inside buildings/your ship in the first version of the Foundry. But I might be wrong, who knows? Maybe miracles do happen.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It'd probably be a while before they take place "on your ship", at least realistically. Different people have different interiors.. it'd be tough for mission designers to design for every possible layout. Other ships, though.. that should be possible eventually.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    chrislove wrote: »
    we cant do anything on our ships except look around. So I understand that when the foundry comes out we cant create a mission were we have to fight off borg invaders off our bridge? Isn't it possible within the limits of the foundrys release that we can create an area that appears to be places of your ship or some other ship. In the mission you establish that you are beaming over to the klingon ship so that when you change maps you feel even more like you are on another ship fighting? I know I cant create the random ship looking place out of nothing so i would just prop it up on a nearby planet...

Hmmm well if you read the ask cryptic answers

They did say that the foundry will be tied to custom ship interiors
    so you might get your wish :)