test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mini Games in UGC

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I think it would be super cool if we were able to tie in some mini games to things. Say you write a mission that involves a broken replicator. The player clicks the flashing replicator, up pops a mini game, and bam, they can actually "fix" the replicator.

Just an idea, for UGC AND the game in general (but especially UGC since I'm sure people would come up with many creative uses for it).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I would have to agree, after all we do know that Cryptic purchased the minigames from that of "Thomasthecat" yet we havent seen them deployed. It would certainly take the game into another direction of not only importance but depth to the player to having to do such things to figuring them out through the minigame process.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That would be great.

I'd love to be able to use things like the Anomaly scan UI for something like trying to match a signal to intercept a broadcast, or other similar usages.

Just small things like that to make the player feel a bit more involved in whatever is going on instead of just clicking "Continue" on a dialogue box and having your BOff tell you that they did it for you.

Sure, you are the captain, and you do have a crew to do the crummy jobs for you. But in terms of involving the player and making an episode or story feel more personal things like mini-games that has the player actually take part in doing whatever needs to be done (instead of just clicking dialogue boxes while the Boffs do it) does make for a more memorable experience.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    now thats an excellent idea
  • Options
    edited October 2010