test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A few good ideas

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Sorry if the title misled you, but this is a question about the Foundry. Most of us have seen at one point and time a good idea proposed by another forum user. I'm wondering will there be a way to implement some of these ideas using the Foundry tool. I don't expect it in the first run through of the program, but will it ever be a possibility?

If you haven't seen some of the ideas I'm talking about. here's a couple examples (in no particular order)

Leviathan99's
Bridge Officer Story Arcs System Proposal
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=157357
Darren_Kitlor's
Voyage Home Proposal
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=159592

These are just a couple of examples that I remembered off the top of my head but I'm sure there's dozens more of this quality lurking on the forums. Oh, and everyone should feel free to find some of the proposals they liked and link them here for the rest of us to find them in one place.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    these ideas and the people who create them on the forums will be the driving influence for good UGC content imo
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well, I'm really asking if the Foundry has the tools capable of making these ideas become reality. It seems like as of right now that we're getting a mission creator, where you can write in your own stories. I'm definitely all for that, but I think we could use some variations in the gameplay that ideas like that could really improve the versatility of the Foundry tool.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well, I'm really asking if the Foundry has the tools capable of making these ideas become reality. It seems like as of right now that we're getting a mission creator, where you can write in your own stories. I'm definitely all for that, but I think we could use some variations in the gameplay that ideas like that could really improve the versatility of the Foundry tool.

the devs have said they plan to expand the Foundry to cover various other areas than mission creation. but in its release form, it will only do just that.