test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

new ships, where ?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Federation Discussion
hi all i have reached LT 11 and if im understanding correctly i can get a new ship at 11 but i cant quite work out where so could someone please tell me what stations i can do this at and at what part of the station. thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    First you have to spend all your experience via skill up to get to Lt. Cmdr 1. When you do that you get a pop-up mission from Quinn telling you to come back to Sol for a new ship. When you get to Sol the first part of the mission tells you to speak to Quinn. From there you just follow the mission tree: go to shipyard, to go store above shipyard, etc.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ok thanks for that i will go do it now.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The important thing to remember about all rank advances is that you have to spend your accumulated experience before you can get the rank-up mission. You're not Lt 11, you're Lt. Cmdr 1, you just haven't spent your skill points. The same thing happens going to Commander, Captain, and so on. Every time you spend enough skill points to get to the next rank you'll get a pop-up from Quinn telling you to come back and do the mission to get a new ship.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    another thing is it wont let me spend my skill points is there a reason for this or am i missing something lol.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    its ok i found it i was not lookin properly . lol
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Edit: Never mind then. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    thanks for your help, i'd av been dartin bout in da same ship for a week without it lol.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    While we are at the topic of spending skill points and such:

If you at one time reach a point where you know that you should level "now", but just can't seem to put thoose final points to use, so you have spend enough of them, it might be because you will have to reorganize your skill points using a respec.

At most ranks it is fairly easy, because you can just go earn a little more skill points first, but at Rear Admiral Upper 6 (wich will turn into Vice Admiral once you've spend skill points), many people hit a wall, because you can't earn more points by then.
    When that time comes, you need to respec.

No worries though: You get a free Respec tolken at each promotion, and you can respec for "free" by using 20k merits.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Someting that helps is do not do tell you reach VA1 this will give you large supply of badges to mess around with plus you should have engouh honnor to do two or even 3 respecs buy then.