test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Future of Emblems

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Federation Discussion
Hello everyone

There are several rumors about the emblems. One of them is that they will be used to get the mark xii gear when the next major update comes and another one is that there will be another type of mark for that (making the emblems useless)

I just wonder what to do with excess emblems when i fulfill the ship and ground gear? Does anyone know will it be sustainable for higher (XII) very rare gear?

Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No one knows, but consider that before emblems there were Marks of Exploration, and while they are still useful, emblems surplanted them. Thus, the seniment of long time players believe that Emblems will be become obsolete, and a new mark/emblem type item will be released for Mark 12.

Officially though, the devs have not said a word either way.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    i agree that emblem will only be used for mk 11 items.

to keep the player base grinding, they will introduce a new currency, grindable only with dailies and at the same time make everything cost more. remember the 7 mark of exploration per weapon increased to 30 emblem per weapon, increasing the grind required to 1.5 days to a week.

god forbid, they may even introduce weekly for the only option to grind these.

lol, in pain.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    On tribble, they can now b "exchanged" for lower level marks of honor and exploration so you can use extra emblems to go back and get the Mk X gear you missed out on. Like Cap X 3 shields from PVP.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think it was the latest Ask Cryptic where dstahl mentioned something about going back to the shops and the mark/badge system. But that might not happen anytime soon. The next level expansion is also quite off, I think, so whatever happens, Emblems will not become obsolete soon.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    superchum wrote: »
    On tribble, they can now b "exchanged" for lower level marks of honor and exploration so you can use extra emblems to go back and get the Mk X gear you missed out on. Like Cap X 3 shields from PVP.

What's the exchange rate on that?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Drakkos wrote:
    What's the exchange rate on that?

I *hear* it is 1:1 on the tribble test server,unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Icesavage wrote:
    Officially though, the devs have not said a word either way.

Actually, they have, just not directly. DHstal said that (like me) he did not like the system of giving away the best gear for emblems or what have you. The old system was pathetic - any noob could run with all purples within 3 days of reaching RA.

"I am unhappy with how those systems look, and I hope we get to revamp them in the future"

So, basically, I don't expect there to be any emblems at all for mark XII gear, ever, and I think this is a good thing.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Just get the emblem exchange vendor in this week please, I have heard there would be a patch this week, I am not the only one hoping for the new vendor since we cant get marks of honor anymore.