test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can price be lowered for those of us who already have the T1 TOS ship but want the T5

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Can a decrease in C-points be made for the T5 TOS cruiser for those of us who have it already at LT? I'm assuming it's going to be something like 1500 C-points but since many of us already have either bought the Connie through the c-store or pr-order it would be nice that we could either have it:

A) free

or

B) Discount [600 to 700 C-points off?]

or

C) third alternative.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i realy hope that this is not the pricerange they are considdering.

but yeah i kind of feel stupid allready having bought the Gamestop Pre Order on ebay just a week before it made it to the C-Store and now i have to pay again for a T5 variant of the very same Model? *hmpf*

I think it is stupid to do a Tier 5 of it... or the NX 01 or the J...
    but that would be antoher topic and discussed to death allready.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm all for a discount, and a big fat leash being fastened to the Cstore, but at the current rate I don't see this happening. Intrepid, Defiant & Galaxy class ships are available to everyone Captain+ from the get go, and the T5s aren't free (If you want more than 1 that is..). What makes you think they'd do it any differently for a ship you can't get outside of Gamestop preorders or the Cstore otherwise?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    thefrayl wrote: »
    I'm all for a discount, and a big fat leash being fastened to the Cstore, but at the current rate I don't see this happening. Intrepid, Defiant & Galaxy class ships are available to everyone Captain+ from the get go, and the T5s aren't free (If you want more than 1 that is..). What makes you think they'd do it any differently for a ship you can't get outside of Gamestop preorders or the Cstore otherwise?

Mainly because they would'nt lose as much money on it since not as many people would have bought the gamestop one or the C-store one since it's not as good. Meaning a small population of the community would be affected (Like the Galaxy X ppl).
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    if anything, they should INCREASE the price of the new ship for those who already have the older ship.

I mean, they already know you got that kind of cheese to throw around.

/sarcasm
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So do you think they should increse it or are you just saying that from their perspective it would be a wise business move?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It'd be a wise business move, as well as encouraging the fanbase.

I mean, without the C-Store... what would we have?

(I'm being sarcastic both times. My apologies if the dryness of my humor isn't adequately communicated via text.)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Why should there be a discount? The T5 ship is a completely different ship than the T1 ship. They just happen to look the same on the outside.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    What T5 TOS version? There is a T5 Excelsior comming out - a completely different ship than the one you mentioned.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Democratus wrote: »
    Why should there be a discount? The T5 ship is a completely different ship than the T1 ship. They just happen to look the same on the outside.

I think the reasoning is people paid real money for ship model A with B specs,

and they are releasing ship model A with C specs.

So the theory is:

If I've already bought ship model A, can't I just buy the C specs instead of being charged for ship model A twice?

edit: but i don't have the ship in the first place, so I may be wrong in my interpretation.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    no no you're right and that's what i'm saying. The Galaxy X people got compensated for it going into the C-store so how come the people who bought TOS ship be compensated a little bit.

First we thought it would be an exclusive item, those of us who pre-ordered, and then it gets put on the C-store and even though it sucked for us we sucked it up and let it go. But now those who payed real money to get a T1 cruiser (800 C-points so $12 real money.) now have to pay more money if they want a better ship they can use at end game.

game pre-order $30 + T5 version C-store $25 = $55

T1 C-store $12 + T5 version C-store $25 = $37

fair?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Democratus wrote: »

And with the lack of unique ship bridges and interiors, it'll look the same on the inside too. :P
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    JCSWW wrote: »
    And with the lack of unique ship bridges and interiors, it'll look the same on the inside too. :P

--ZING--

lol
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Where did the Devs say there would be a T5 TOS ship?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    All we know is that there is a "Refit Constitution" in the works.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It is only implied by the fact that there are calls for a lot of tier 5 refits or retrofits, I think.

Either way - I think the most sensible thing to do would to give it "for free" to those that have access to it. Having to buy a specific version of the game or spend 800 C-Store points for a ship you can only use at tier 1 is already unreasonable in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    DeadlyShoe wrote:
    All we know is that there is a "Refit Constitution" in the works.

Huh, I missed that. Link?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    OOOOH.

I didn't even know what TOS meant.

Now that I do...

I just recently got the "Gamestop Digital Deluxe" version of STO

It was $30, came with 30 days game time, and had tons of items... joined trill, TOS costumes, 500 C-points, and other items.

Along with the TOS Constitution.

It looks kinda dinky to me.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    jakehutson wrote:
    OOOOH.

I didn't even know what TOS meant.

Now that I do...

I just recently got the "Gamestop Digital Deluxe" version of STO

It was $30, came with 30 days game time, and had tons of items... joined trill, TOS costumes, 500 C-points, and other items.

Along with the TOS Constitution.

It looks kinda dinky to me.

I'm not a big fan of the pants, but the WOK pants look pretty good with TOS shirt :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The refit Connie will be the movie Connie, so you didn't pay for anything, and you bought the Tos ship knowing exactly what it was, a T1 ship.

I want a Miranda refit 8') :D
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    forresto wrote: »
    game pre-order $30 + T5 version C-store $25 = $55

T1 C-store $12 + T5 version C-store $25 = $37

fair?

That's dishonest. Non pre-order games weren't free.

game regular order $20 + T1 c-store $12 + T5 version C-store $25 = $57

Very fair.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    CapnBludd wrote: »
    The refit Connie will be the movie Connie, so you didn't pay for anything, and you bought the Tos ship knowing exactly what it was, a T1 ship.

I want a Miranda refit 8') :D

Ok I am confused. The refit Connie is a Tier 2 ship. So, there is to be another Connie refit for T5? That seems silly to me.

Also, someone else posted that the Excelsior would be a T5. Is that true? Maybe it is just me, but size and era-wise, I would have thought the Excelsior would be a T3 cruiser. It would make a great alternative to the incorrect stargazer. I mean, the stargazer class looks NOTHING like Picard's Stargazer in the shows.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ok I am confused. The refit Connie is a Tier 2 ship. So, there is to be another Connie refit for T5? That seems silly to me.

Also, someone else posted that the Excelsior would be a T5. Is that true? Maybe it is just me, but size and era-wise, I would have thought the Excelsior would be a T3 cruiser. It would make a great alternative to the incorrect stargazer. I mean, the stargazer class looks NOTHING like Picard's Stargazer in the shows.

Cryptic has pretty much abandoned anything making sense with the ships. An Excelsior would never be on par with a Sovereign, let alone the new versions of the Sovereign that are in game(Noble).
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Cryptic has pretty much abandoned anything making sense with the ships. An Excelsior would never be on par with a Sovereign, let alone the new versions of the Sovereign that are in game(Noble).

Y'know what...? I think it would make more sense to me if they got some new uber-tech from the Deferi and decided to test it out by recommissioning older ships first, because the tech is unstable.

But the Defiant Refit is on par with the Defiant from DS9 and the Lakota was a match or the Defiant. I think it's easier to regard the Dominion War-era Defiant as effectively a new ship class in an old hull.
  • Options
    edited August 2010

T3 and T5 Excelsiors are coming. The Stargazer was a Constellation class cruiser, the Stargazer class is named for Picard's ship. And the eventual refit is of the T2 Connie, real world ships get multiple refits.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ... the Stargazer class is named for Picard's ship. And the eventual refit is of the T2 Connie, real world ships get multiple refits.

Understood, but I still think that class is butt-ugly. I wish it looked more like the Stargazer from the series.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    And the eventual refit is of the T2 Connie, real world ships get multiple refits.

That's good to know. I would like to see all incarnations of the USS Enterprise presented in-game eventually. They don't necessarily have to be for practical use, just there in some form.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It's in the engineering report. No further details. It may not even be T5.
    TOS Enterprise Refit
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If they do lower the price, which based on their previous responses to things like this, they probably won't, I will be pretty upset because it will mean they are willing to compensate pretty much everyone BUT the pre-orderers.

I pre-ordered to get an exclusive, that later stopped being exclusive.

You paid for a T1 Connie, that later was refitted to Tier 5.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    No. Get over it. The iPhone 3GS is $100 cheaper this year than it was a year ago, should I get a refund because I bought it a year ago? You paid full price for that Connie to have it early and I didn't. If you don't want to pay full price for the Excelsior too, then don't. But just because they decided to introduce something newer doesn't mean you are entitled to a refund or discount on your original purchase.