test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field 3

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I've never had this skill but have been saving my credits and keeping an eye on the exchange for it.

I know you can get it from saurians but who else

and after season 2 is it worth it still?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i personally love it if im not mistaken it has a 15 sec cool down and it has a nice damage resist and a rather nice heal so i would suggest getting it
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    what officers can you get it from?

i know you can get it from saurians but who else from
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    no idea i pretty sure i trained my BOs my self.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    LIES!!! how did you do that? what skill is it in then?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You´re confusing Efficient and Aux to Str. Int. in regards to Saurians. In theory any engineering BO can have it.
    And i think you can train your BOs in it if you max out Aux Performance. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    well i just looked at my Engineer and i guess you where right although i could have sworn i had trained a BO in it but i guess not.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Auxiliary to the Structural Integrity Field III (ASIF3) CANNOT (currently) be trained by Captains or found in the Bridge Officer power store. The only (emphasis on 'ONLY') place that it can be found, is on Very Rare (purple) Bridge Officers, acquired as you level. I have seen the skill on Klingons, but I'm not sure what other races that it will appear on. You are not guaranteed to see a Bridge Officer Candidate with this skill as you level, either, and it seems to be one of the rarest skills to appear on those random Bridge Officers.

Bridge Officers with this skill can be found on the Exchange for (currently averaging) about 2.5-3 million EC... However, you will infrequently see one listed as low as 400k.

Quick info on the skill (ASIF3):
      Effect: Moderately powerful burst heal; magnitude depends on AUX setting; with maximum skillpoint investment and an AUX power level of 50, the skill heals in the neighborhood of 4.5-5k hullpoints, and grants a +32%-+36% all damage resist (applied with the usual, diminishing returns, as are all other hull resists).
      Cooldown: 15 seconds
      Global Cooldown: 15 seconds (i.e. You can't trigger a second one of these skills before the power's own cooldown expires, thus, you will only ever need to run a single copy of any of the 3 ASIF levels.)
      System Cooldown: 15 seconds (Auxiliary Powers)
      Duration: The heal happens instantaneously, while the hull resist lasts for 10 seconds.

Hope that helps!
    -Big Red
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Saurians have nothing to do with it, the special thing they can have is efficient. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hmm, now that i think of it, i still have two officers with that aux thingy in store. I might sell them for a fortune and then.... then there will be Blackjack, Booze and Hookers.

Ah, forget the Blackjack and the Booze. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    thanks bigredjedi

off to the exchange!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I use A2SIF3 all the time on my Battle Cruiser, and I find it pretty darn useful.

That being said, however, if you're specc'd out for other heals and/or survivability, A2SIF2 works just fine.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The best part of this ability is you can use it to its max potential by popping off an aux battery first.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I got Aux to SIF III to train up my liberated borg BO, but I had to drop something like 500K at the exchange for it...I think it was a Vulcan Engineer?

It is worth it, some times I'll reroute power to Aux and hit it for 5500 hull heal, on weapons power set it's about 3200 hull heal.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    yup i have it now and im loving it. i got mine of a vulcan so it doesnt seem to be race dependant
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ashur1 wrote:
    Hmm, now that i think of it, i still have two officers with that aux thingy in store. I might sell them for a fortune and then.... then there will be Blackjack, Booze and Hookers.

Ah, forget the Blackjack and the Booze. :D

Make sure its Aux to SIF III. That's what sells for bank. There are lots of BOffs on the exchange with Aux to SIF II.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    this is such a broken skill, should get either a higher cooldown or a lower resist... OP :D
    but seriously it´s a must have for a good healer, and you can only "find" it on very rare BO´s.
    on Klingon Side the cheapest i saw lately was over 15 000 000 credits, and theren were only 3 or so :(
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    kellfxxx wrote:
    this is such a broken skill, should get either a higher cooldown or a lower resist... OP :D
    but seriously it´s a must have for a good healer, and you can only "find" it on very rare BO´s.
    on Klingon Side the cheapest i saw lately was over 15 000 000 credits, and theren were only 3 or so :(

The skill is just fine. It's one of only 3 direct hull heals available and in general is a 10-25% hull heal with a medium resistance bonus. If you insist on increasing cool down, lowering resistance, or decreasing the heal strength even more, another skill would have to be buffed HARD to help a healer keep an ally alive during focus fire or alpha. As it stands, 1 ET3 + 1 AtSIF3 + 1HazEm2 will not heal enough to survive a good tactical Alpha or direct focus fire. The combination may give the target a chance to escape or buy enough time for someone else to pick them up. It is IMO, it is working as intended.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oddly enough I keep getting KDF BOff's engineers that have this skill.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Roach wrote: »
    Oddly enough I keep getting KDF BOff's engineers that have this skill.

dont complain sell!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    dont complain sell!!!

I'm not complaining. just didn't know that the power was so sought after until I used one of my Boff's with it yesterday. Wow it helps alot.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    indeed it was worth every penny