test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Data samples not matching level in explore missions

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Federation Discussion
I've noticed that no matter what level explore mission I do, I always get the first level data samples. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is this something that will be fixed soon, I hope?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I have the same problem in Gamma Orionas Sector Block.

Also, i went to do some hunting in the lower tier anomolies for crafting components, and while I can get Level 2, 3, and 4 particles, i can only get the same kind (same picture) of these levels--
    L2- only Unknown Alloy; L-3 only Encoded Data, L-4, only Genetic Sequencer.

I've mined in several explore regions, numerous times, even gone into missions when I hit those instead of scanable anomolies, only to scan the anomilies in the mission and end up with the same damn thing, only those are all Level 1.

Somethig is not right.............
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I've got the same problem too. What's more, when I'm on missions, playing the scanning mini-game doesn't grant me an additional resources (i.e. I don't see any stars on resources). When I'm on a sector map, the mini-game works just fine. *shrugs*
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    They are also the same ones over and over too, Wandering Eridan, Afehrir, and Khazan I get only Encoded Data. I need Plasma Samples and Tetryon Particles in the sectors, and only red samples in the missions themselves.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    Hey gang, I just checked in with Stahl on this.

The issue is partially resolved, and ground missions should be giving out the correct anomalies on Tribble once the new build comes up. We're still working on getting the rest of space all fixed up however.

More updates as I have them!

Thanks,

Stormshade

This is from the Gameplay Bugs forum. The Devs are working on this now. Just FYI.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I am quite sick of paying cryptic to do their beta testing for them. I am quite sick of the lack of customer service. I am mega sick of the same old company line- "STO is an ongoing & developing blah blah blah... pile of beta TRIBBLE". How many bugs do we have to endure? Why introduce new samples now, when all they can do at the moment is occupy space in your bank? Why are all the samples, everywhere, only flowers? Where are the triangles & atoms? Why am i finding only red samples in system space or on the ground?:mad:
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Borthan wrote:
    I am quite sick of paying cryptic to do their beta testing for them. I am quite sick of the lack of customer service. I am mega sick of the same old company line- "STO is an ongoing & developing blah blah blah... pile of beta TRIBBLE". How many bugs do we have to endure? Why introduce new samples now, when all they can do at the moment is occupy space in your bank? Why are all the samples, everywhere, only flowers? Where are the triangles & atoms? Why am i finding only red samples in system space or on the ground?:mad:

You're a lifer, you're not paying them anything anymore, except for what you want to buy in the C-Store (but you knew that already, I'm just not sure why you're ranting about that).

Also, there will always be bugs. There's less bugs now than in beta, though, and the bugs now are just different than the ones that were fixed since beta. But you know that already too, so...

The trace particles aren't flowers. Actually, they are a fourth kind of anomalies (so you probably won't find swirly triangles and swirly atoms anytime soon). They don't really have to take space in your inventory because, like any Tribbles I find, you can drop them or just select the anomalies you want from the menu when you find some and click "Take" instead of "Take all". They were implemented as a reward for using the scanning minigame and to get an accolade. But you knew all that already, right?

Lastly, you know why you are only finding red samples in your DSE missions. Because it's a bug. One they are aware of and are working to fix soon (like it seems they already fixed half of it on Tribble).

No need to rage, take a breather!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ****tor wrote: »
    You're a lifer, you're not paying them anything anymore, except for what you want to buy in the C-Store (but you knew that already, I'm just not sure why you're ranting about that).

Also, there will always be bugs. There's less bugs now than in beta, though, and the bugs now are just different than the ones that were fixed since beta. But you know that already too, so...

The trace particles aren't flowers. Actually, they are a fourth kind of anomalies (so you probably won't find swirly triangles and swirly atoms anytime soon). They don't really have to take space in your inventory because, like any Tribbles I find, you can drop them or just select the anomalies you want from the menu when you find some and click "Take" instead of "Take all". They were implemented as a reward for using the scanning minigame and to get an accolade. But you knew all that already, right?

Lastly, you know why you are only finding red samples in your DSE missions. Because it's a bug. One they are aware of and are working to fix soon (like it seems they already fixed half of it on Tribble).

No need to rage, take a breather!

& who the hell are you to tell me not to rage? Also, try reading my post again- was not discussing new trace samples, but the ones we need for crafting. As for paying, every day i regret paying to be a lifer. This game is not ready for public release- too many bugs, not enough content & development too. If Ford put out cars with this many bugs no one would buy them & they would go out of business. Problem I have is I can't return my "Ford" for a full refund. Finally- good luck w/ customer service.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Borthan wrote:
    & who the hell are you to tell me not to rage? Also, try reading my post again- was not discussing new trace samples, but the ones we need for crafting. As for paying, every day i regret paying to be a lifer. This game is not ready for public release- too many bugs, not enough content & development too. If Ford put out cars with this many bugs no one would buy them & they would go out of business. Problem I have is I can't return my "Ford" for a full refund. Finally- good luck w/ customer service.

It really has more to do with adding new game mechanics every season. Basically, they have water running through a 500 foot pole, with hundreds of small holes. When they add a new hole, it changes how much water is coming out at the end of the pole.

There will always be bugs for as long as they add new mechanics.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    In missions you get lvl 1 data !
    Borg space or Btran you get Unknown Generic .
    Romulean or Kahzan you get Encoded, Unknown, Mineral.
    Romulean or Afnehir you get photonic, Alien
    Cardesian Not sure with one but dev no plasma !!!

But indeed its strange sinds update 2.0 where cryptic is so praud off the sampels changed and for plasma even disapeard ......\