test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Choose what you want to respec

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Controls and User Interface
Ok, here might be an idea worth considering:

I respec somewhat often recently and tbh it is a *****.

The reason for this is that I want to squeeze what ever little point out of my system as possible, and to do that I have to use the dropdown, to select the skill I want to spec, and I happen to clear the entire board, and start from scratch (most recently when i got my retrofit Defiant).

Now, each time I want to select a new ability to spec into, I have to carefully scroll down the list untill i find the ability im looking for, put points into the appropriate skill and then scroll throug the list to see if there are more skill that affect the ability, and then all over.

Now on my defiant I have 4+3+1+2+2 sets of abilities from my BO and my own + kit abilities. that makes (if i remember correctley) around 20 total skills that I each time I have filled one rank have to go over, so basically i have to go through the list 80+ times to spec as good as possible.

Now what I'm suggesting, is to somehow replace the current dropdown with a checkbox system:

Basic overview of fixed selection of abilities
[ ] Show All Abilities (Showing all the skills of all BO's currently assigned to your command).
[ ] Show Assigned Abilities (Show only skills of BO's currently assigned to stations).
[ ] Show Currently possible Assigned abilities (Show only the BO abilities that are currently accessable on your current ship) (no reason to show abilities I cant use on my current ship).
[ ] Show Own Abilities.

Now by selecting either of theese, all the skills corresponding to the selection would be highlighted throughout all ranks, so that we could spec up, and adjust along the way.

I belive that by making this system, respeccing would be significantly less timedemanding and would also encurage people to make better use of respecs.

Thoughts please.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    /bump

10char
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Actually I must agree on this one... it's a pain in the royal ____ using dropdown ... and maybe even make it more logical... this way it's only looong list of abilities... this one needs overhaul, this has my vote!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Another thing they could do is a skill calculator like blizzard has for WoW.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Another thing they could do is a skill calculator like blizzard has for WoW.

Explain... (i do not know what that is)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ?!?

Please? anyone?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If you search for them, there are several skill calculators out there for STO on the web already. Here is a link to one that is kept pretty up to date: http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/index.php?s=0_zzzzl_0_0----_1----_2----_3----_4----@0 Enjoy! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    tygerpaw wrote: »
    If you search for them, there are several skill calculators out there for STO on the web already. Here is a link to one that is kept pretty up to date: http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/index.php?s=0_zzzzl_0_0----_1----_2----_3----_4----@0 Enjoy! :D

I have tried to use them, but I find it adds a unnessacary step to respeccing, to have to alt-tab back and fourth between programs.

My solution, or a similar one, would make thoose calculators obsolete because, and would Always be up-to-date.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    No one else with an opinion on this matter?!?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    /bump

to see if I can get some attention on this
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    This would be a pretty helpful feature I think, now that the cap was raised and we can spec for about anything we want.