test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RA5's and Sirius Sector defends.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Im not one to normaly rant or wine about things, but for the past 2 days i have been unable to complete a sector defend in sirius due to the hords of RA level spwans. I can only conclude they have been spwaned do to all of the admrials in there galaxy-x's who have been siting in sirius sector all wekend. Reguardless of if its them or some other mechanic it needs to be adressed. Im not lookign to complte a sector defend in seconds, but at the same time I would apreicate not being "insta poped" by one torpeado form +34 ship. And before you say ohh well your jsut not looking for normal level spwans, yes I am, and there are few if any. So if a GM happens to read this, please take a look and see what is going on.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This is an old issue... one that I deal with with all my lower tiered characters going way back to February. I've always figured it was how it was designed to keep some players from sitting in one area. :confused:
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I jumped in there day before yesterday, and found +38 Naga Fighters. Those things usually drop like flies to a swatter, but not that time.

Keep your fingers crossed, maybe some day all will have the Accolades they crave so much.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    This has been a problem since Beta, and the officials at Cryptic state it's according to the programing of "level banding". Unfortunately that means its not a priority for them to fix.

So all I can say is those who are in Tier 1, to check the level of your opponents ahead of time or find a instance with an Admiral and let him do all the work.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Azurian wrote: »
    This has been a problem since Beta, and the officials at Cryptic state it's according to the programing of "level banding". Unfortunately that means its not a priority for them to fix.

So all I can say is those who are in Tier 1, to check the level of your opponents ahead of time or find a instance with an Admiral and let him do all the work.

the problem lately has been that there are no admrials in site, and its across 90% of the instances. they other 10% you get lucky to find 8 spwans that are not ra level, but only after 30 mins of flyign around searching only to end up back at the entry point shooting hte same 2 BOP's that have respawned.

Having the level of a spwan match you is great, but after so long of no one of htat level being in the instance it should "reset" to a base value. That way the ones of us on lower level characters could at least complete them.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I agree with you, it is a problem. I'm just simply giving the response Cryptic gave me.

Personally, the mobs should not increase in level at all. And the Dev Team should've saw this coming when they known about this problem since Beta and suddenly giving us DSE Accolades for Admirals to keep them busy. Which makes it very difficult for lower tiers to deal with.

Also, which you all are expressing is that is unneeded frustration that potentially could drive away new players. So Cryptic is really dropping the ball on this.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Azurian wrote: »
    Also, which you all are expressing is that is unneeded frustration that potentially could drive away new players. So Cryptic is really dropping the ball on this.

I agree 100%, I deal with it becasue i have too more or less, but new players will be quicker to jsut not play.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    mijhy wrote: »
    Im not one to normaly rant or wine about things, but for the past 2 days i have been unable to complete a sector defend in sirius due to the hords of RA level spwans. I can only conclude they have been spwaned do to all of the admrials in there galaxy-x's who have been siting in sirius sector all wekend. Reguardless of if its them or some other mechanic it needs to be adressed. Im not lookign to complte a sector defend in seconds, but at the same time I would apreicate not being "insta poped" by one torpeado form +34 ship. And before you say ohh well your jsut not looking for normal level spwans, yes I am, and there are few if any. So if a GM happens to read this, please take a look and see what is going on.

I found that if you leave that map to sector space, and join the next fight you come to, you should be on a dif map, with dif ships with lower rating. That has worked a few times for me.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm curious as to just what triggers this as I have done dozens of these matches in the last few days and have never encountered the likes of it?

Is it from teaming up with an Admiral and since he is the team leader all of the mobs scale to match him or what?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I found that if you leave that map to sector space, and join the next fight you come to, you should be on a dif map, with dif ships with lower rating. That has worked a few times for me.

Tat is the same as simply switching instance's, and while normaly that solves the problem letely it has not. even yester day there were several gal-x's floating around in them TRIBBLE them up.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Verkruk wrote: »
    I'm curious as to just what triggers this as I have done dozens of these matches in the last few days and have never encountered the likes of it?

Is it from teaming up with an Admiral and since he is the team leader all of the mobs scale to match him or what?

from what i understadn of the mechanics, its is the admrials runing around on elite mode, when no one else is in the instances. Now im not 100% on that but it seems the more ra's that are around the worse it gets.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    mijhy wrote: »
    from what i understadn of the mechanics, its is the admrials runing around on elite mode, when no one else is in the instances. Now im not 100% on that but it seems the more ra's that are around the worse it gets.

Well I run at Advanced difficulty and still haven't noticed anything.
    I was under the impression that it changed to match the level of the person that was originally engaged by the NPC mob. And since they never engage me, much less even target me... I don't know how it is happening.

I am not asking because I seek to TRIBBLE others up, but because I want to know if I am hurting others playing experience by joining these events and if I am, ways to prevent it.
  • Options
    edited July 2010

When the Big Boys come out to play, Rear Adm-5's in particular or just under that, the NPC's Re-Spawn as Compatible Forces to combat the opposing Fire Power. Any Tier 1 or Tier 2 ships get stomped in the rush.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    When the Big Boys come out to play, Rear Adm-5's in particular or just under that, the NPC's Re-Spawn as Compatible Forces to combat the opposing Fire Power. Any Tier 1 or Tier 2 ships get stomped in the rush.

Ok here is where I get confused.

I have played them multiple times... and the only times that I have ever had a challenge from any of them is when I charge into a group of 15 with 2 or more D'Deridex class Warbirds.
    I have yet to see any mobs that were of my level or even close.

Am I just blind, or just lucky?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ok here is where I get confused.

I have played them multiple times... and the only times that I have ever had a challenge from any of them is when I charge into a group of 15 with 2 or more D'Deridex class Warbirds.
    I have yet to see any mobs that were of my level or even close.

Am I just blind, or just lucky?

I couldn't answer that specifically, but I have beamed into the DSE's and found the lower levels at +34, and up to +38 Naga Fighters. Once I could get out from under the High Powered Bonnet, I flew around and finally found 2, Count em TWO BoP +7 that I could take out. I couldn't even Scratch the others.