test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ten Forward: The RPG Discussion Thread

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I just want to make it clear that I don't want to belittle you for that effort. I hope you don't get that impression.

I just don't see how it was necessary in regards to the story when such an action could be handled in one post. I just find it ridiculous that the character has spent all of her time worrying about clothes instead of interacting or fighting or dealing with an internal issue or something.

Let me put it this way, Zona. If you're staying somewhere for a year, you have a place to stay, all the paperwork has been taken care of, and the only clothes you have with you are the ones you are wearing, what would be your number-one priority?

As to why I wanted actual images of the outfits, everyone else does pictures of their characters when they appear in a new outfit, and since Subaru is getting new clothes, I needed pictures of a few outfits for her.

And Xiaza, the re-colors were very good. Thank you very much. :D:cool:
    edited June 2010
    Lonomahin wrote: »
    Very condensed version:

The twelve occurred. Flagg attempted to create some kind of perpetual tweleve using some devices. We thwarted that plan getting help from some mercenaries of his that didn't like working for him. Lexi was killed by Clock. Clock erased her memories, somewhat, and sent her back to her world. Enough of her memories remained for Clock to feel threatened. Everyone minus Ethan went to Lexi's world in an attempt to keep Clock from taking "drastic" action. Meanwhile a new threat has surfaced, literally, in the form of Stalagmen and their followers. The group in Lexi's world has about half a clock hour before we return forcefully.

About right.
    edited June 2010
    I wouldn't mind runnin' as Wes and commin' in with a fresh start, but that was ruled out by a few oth the others as they didn't want a 3rd trainer in the game.

I'll be back in, sometime in a few weeks,hopefully

Well I rather understand not wanting to have three Pokemon trainers in such an RPG, or even stacking up too much stuff from any one universe here. I mean if half the team is Pokemon trainers then Pokemon appropriate action will dominate and others may feel more left out.

Now if you wanted to start a competing RPG or a Pokemon themed RPG, that may not be a bad idea; could be fun in fact. But I am only going to be GMing one RP at a time. I may play in it, but not GM it.
    edited June 2010
    TRIBBLE yeah, I'd join a Pok
    edited June 2010
    Xiaza, I'll let you figure out precisely how to bring Sarah and Subaru back into the action--all I can think of in that regard is that I want them to meet up with Lexi and Nao somewhere in town. :D:cool:
    edited June 2010
    I hope my most recent post isn't too long. As I say briefly at the top of it, its written from an average Clock citizens point of view. I wanted to show that a even a city like clock needs its "regular" people. If this goes against the concept of Clock let me know and I can change it.

Also I hope Altair or Gal'leath or other characters can make an appearance, but I understand if your busy with activities in the champions universe.
    edited June 2010
    Luthen wrote:
    edited June 2010
    I hope my most recent post isn't too long. As I say briefly at the top of it, its written from an average Clock citizens point of view. I wanted to show that a even a city like clock needs its "regular" people. If this goes against the concept of Clock let me know and I can change it.

Also I hope Altair or Gal'leath or other characters can make an appearance, but I understand if your busy with activities in the champions universe.

Oh no, was great.
    edited June 2010
    The RPG thread has gone really slowly for the past two days. Can someone please post something important?
    edited June 2010
    Zachary186 wrote:
    The RPG thread has gone really slowly for the past two days. Can someone please post something important?

I've got something important happening... in clock where you are not. So..uh nevermind?
    edited June 2010
    Oh and Smash. Is your space marine supposed to be within line of sight of the group protecting the civilians? If not, the group wouldn't likely hear your battle in the midst of their own. As it is, they are fighting off a hoarde of Stalagmen and Cave Gorillas and won't be able wave hello or anything anytime soon. But feel free to wade in with your guy.

Please don't end the fight in one thread. I'd like for Altair and others in Clock to have a chance for an action scene before the battle ends.
    edited June 2010
    Ravenstein wrote: »
    Well I rather understand not wanting to have three Pokemon trainers in such an RPG, or even stacking up too much stuff from any one universe here. I mean if half the team is Pokemon trainers then Pokemon appropriate action will dominate and others may feel more left out.

Now if you wanted to start a competing RPG or a Pokemon themed RPG, that may not be a bad idea; could be fun in fact. But I am only going to be GMing one RP at a time. I may play in it, but not GM it.
    If I do pull back in, I'll probably go with a minaturized Transformer-being so I can start fresh out of the gate.

Probably will do a Pokemon themed RPG in the comming weeks. Shouldn't be that hard to GM one.
    Luthen wrote:
    edited June 2010
    Ravenstein wrote:

Only have guesses for 3

Golden armored guy - The Emperor
    Blue masked guy with the A - Captain America
    Guy with pointy wizard hat - Gandalf
    edited June 2010
    Lonomahin wrote: »
    Only have guesses for 3

Golden armored guy - The Emperor
    Blue masked guy with the A - Captain America
    Guy with pointy wizard hat - Gandalf
    "But-a we still-a do not -why-a," said a short mustached man in a red cap and a thick, bad Italian accent.

You mean you don't recognize the guy in the above line, Lonomahin?

I may not play the games featuring him, but even I recognize the famous Nintendo Mascot, Mario!!! :cool:

No clues as to who the rest are, sorry. :o
    edited June 2010
    Wow, I feel TRIBBLE now for not getting that one. It's so obvious it hurts.
    edited June 2010
    I didn't get it.

*Puts on his helmet with the dangling chin straps.*
    edited June 2010
    Zachary186 wrote:

Maybe instead of complaining, you could post something important. Just sayin'.
    edited June 2010
    The girl with the yellow hair ribbon is no doubt Haruhi Suzumiya.

The man with the beard in the hoplite armor might be King Leonitus from 300

The dashing man with the british accent might be James Bond.

The man with the fancy neck frill could be Shakespeare.

The rest don't have enough description for me to tell though.
    edited June 2010
    OMG Mickey!!!! <3

And it totally reminds me of the Imaginationland episode of South Park. :D
    edited June 2010
    If the girl with the ribbon is Haruhi the guy next to her might be Kyon.
    edited June 2010
    Yeah re-reading I was just thinking that too.

Also the man in the rubber stillsuit and glowing blue eyes is likely from Dune. The main char, who's name I forget at the moment.

Okay the man in the sweater is Mr. Rogers. lol
    edited June 2010
    Xiaza wrote: »
    The girl with the yellow hair ribbon is no doubt Haruhi Suzumiya.

The man with the beard in the hoplite armor might be King Leonitus from 300

The dashing man with the british accent might be James Bond.

The man with the fancy neck frill could be Shakespeare.

Not Leonidas, otherwise guesses have been spot on. The Greek guy I am planning to be the much more awesome Odysseus.
    edited June 2010
    Maybe instead of complaining, you could post something important. Just sayin'.

I'm just not used to being the one making big decisions, so, I wouldn't be comfortable doing that alone.

And those people at the table were from different places?!
    edited June 2010
    Zachary186 wrote:
    And those people at the table were from different places?!

Young pup like you might not get them all though. But yes, each is from a different series or place. Two were writers.
    edited June 2010
    "Sergeant, 103 here. Are you sure Lexi might be an immediate threat, the last time she went into berserker mode she had provocation-what reason would she have for it now?"

What if Hazard and I following Nao and Lexi around will provoke her!?:confused:
    edited June 2010
    My sis got Mr. Rodgers!! Awwww.

I can't believe I didn't come up with that one first!
    edited June 2010
    Not Leonidas, otherwise guesses have been spot on. The Greek guy I am planning to be the much more awesome Odysseus.

Odysseus isn't awesome. He's a complete a-hole. Haven't you read the Philoctetes?
    edited June 2010
    Hmm, to move the story along, I could have An Incredibly Powerful And Evil Pokemon attack us, or should I save that for back in Clock?
    edited June 2010
    Might want to hold off on that for something that can be done in Clock. A Pokemon showing up here would be kind of strange.
    edited June 2010
    KiraYamato wrote:
    (OOC: Sure thing. By the way, would the Council that's recently been revealed know about the TSAB? Possibly even to the point of sharing information?)

The Council would know of the TSAB, the TSAB would not know of the Council. The Council members can at times manifest near god-like powers however they are bound from making free use of these powers or else Everything and Nothing happens. Only in truly desperate situations would one of the Council interfere using the full force of their powers. Several members have a freer definition desperate then others, however.

But the TSAB would know of the existence of some of the Council members, but not of the existence of the Council.

The TSAB would know of The Union however.

The Union, or Union of Arcana as it's formal title is, is the alluded to Larger and More Dangerous threat. Like Flagg, they seek to subvert Clock. Unlike Flagg, who would use Clock for intentional destruction, The Union wants to use Clock to merge all of the different Universes together and unite them under their rule. The have taken over many universes already and can field a variety of soldiers magical, mundane, and technological.

The Union is united by a common vision to enforce order on an unstable universe, by force if necessary, in order to prevent a coming cataclysm they say will sweep over the universe and destroy it.