Options

Play with the Devs: June 26

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    AlexVIE wrote:
    They are not playing between 09:00 and 17:00 PDT (which would be 18:00 to 02:00 here and much better for us European players), they play from 17:00 to 19:00, which means 02:00 to 04:00 in Europe.

I'm not disagreeing that you have valid reasons for wanting them to play earlier, I just want to point out that the devs don't seem to actually work 9-5 (PF was basically just saying they have a day job) they seem to work 10-7 judging by when they come on and leave IRC, so this "play with the devs" is the end of their day today. The end of Beta event happened while I was at work, so I personally am glad this one will be after I get home from work today since I was unable to attend that one.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    on Stoked they said you can transfer your already charater to the tribble test server, HOw do you do that ??? - OOP
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    AlexVIE wrote:
    They are not playing between 09:00 and 17:00 PDT (which would be 18:00 to 02:00 here and much better for us European players), they play from 17:00 to 19:00, which means 02:00 to 04:00 in Europe.
    Because this way they can knock down some brews while playing? :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    OOP wrote: »
    on Stoked they said you can transfer your already charater to the tribble test server, HOw do you do that ??? - OOP

Here you go. :)

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=134794
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Sweet thx !
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    uhm.. i'm the first one there... Kinda bored.. we to the bridge walked around.. wiped dust off the consoles i can't use. talked to the computer for a few hours... tried firing up my ship's emh program. but it didn't come with one installed. Kinda bored here breating my head on the helm console.. Bridge officers aren't any help theres no interaction there... - OOP :(
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    5pm Pacific, about 2.5 hours from now.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    This is going to be my first time playing with the Devs. Internet connection, don't fail me now!

But I do have a question. Should I be stationed outside of the Tostig System around the time the Devs are suppose to show up, or should I just start the mission at that time? I would hate to sit around waiting for them to show up, then realize they've used their Q-like dev powers to warp straight into the mission. :p
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    WHAT A WAIST OF TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TRANSFERED MY CHARATER OVER ..... WAITED & WATIED AND FINALLY PEOPLE SHOWED UP TO PLAY. THEN THE DEV SAID HE'S WAS GOING IN .. SO I CLICK TO GO INTO THE SYSTEM.. I END UP IN THERE ALONE.............. SO I COME BACK TO SECTOR SPACE AND FIND MYSELF WITH A FEW OTHER PEOPLE WHO CAN'T GET INTO THE SAME INSTANCE WITH THE REST OF THE FLEET ACTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRYPTIC HOW DARE YOU CALL THIS AN MMO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AN MMO is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players

I WILL END MY SUBSCRIPTION AS SOON AS I LEVEL UP MY CHARATER 100% THIS IS TOTAL B.S. OF A GAME AND ISN'T A REAL MMO OF ANY KIND.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    you know that your thread title says 26th?

i was excited for a moment.. thought i would be able to play with the devs tomorrow... but no, its actually today and i'm still stuck at work...

:-(
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Zinc showed up! That was fun, although he wasn't able to talk much.

Didn't see any other devs. Played from 5:00 to 6:00 and then got bored and took off.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I want to thank the Devs for doing this, 4th place 2 out of 3 times woo!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Although I wasn't with the devs for the first mission(only had 2 other people lol), I was able to find them and everyone else at The Big Dig. I really enjoyed playing with everyone, and I hope the opportunity comes again. =) Thanks, you guys!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Great fun :)

Met one or two devs and a whole lot of players! Many more than I expected would show up. Very cool. Got a lot of pretty screenshots of things going KABOOM.

-Sid.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I wanted to thank the devs for doing this tonight. It was so awesome to see everyone having such a great time!

The Starfleet Ministry of Silly Walks would like to thank the STO dev team as well. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Me had great time as well, lot of pew pew makes me very happy. Thanks Devs :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Davinnio wrote: »
    Me had great time as well, lot of pew pew makes me very happy. Thanks Devs :D

Bring us the thingies! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Really enjoyed the Dev Event on Tribble tonight! That was record time on the Big Dig for me - we had a great group going in the level 21+ crowd. Looking forward to upcoming Tribble tests of the Season 2 update!

Cheers

(Commander Oaks - aka dStahl)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thanks dev's, events like these really stand out and make grinding more bearable. Had great time with the dev's on TTS. Got to see some that i had not since last event.

At times you get frustrated and start curse at dev's for this or that, and you forget they are human just like the players. And this really helps us remember that and connect. And we know or idea get heard, even the less likely ones (I like Pie_Punch and Pie...need i say more).

Thanks again,, and can't wait for next one.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for having these.

S*D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Every single time the devs have done something it was always during their working hours. Always.
    As pointed out, it's actually not during their regular work hours - it's after that. Which is why it ends up particularly bad for European players, since that ends up in the middle of the night.

But it also tells me that they are putting in extra hours to make this possible. Which is why I am not going to "really" complain about it. It seems placed to avoid costing valuable dev time, and they still do something for us. That's cool. (Particularly considering that it is a Friday, where everyone is usually happy to go into the week-end)

It would still be cool if they could do it two hours earlier for me and other European players. But I don't demand it.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Had a blast! Thanks for setting it up guys. And tell Stormy it was great being his wingman, or maybe he was mine, heh. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I hope the Devs do not forget on European players too. :( We want to enjoy the "Play with Devs" too.

I am looking forward to same next events.