test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Label Areas on Station Maps

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
It would be nice to just check the map to see which direction to go after beaming into a Star Base or Space Station.

Simple things can go along way. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I agree totally.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I know I'm sort of necroing this thread (it did turn up in a forum search), but holy gosh would I like this. I've been playing since release and before (though I'm not particularly hardcore) and I still get lost in Mem Alpha, and frequently find myself going the wrong way on earth spacedock.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    GameMan2k wrote: »
    It would be nice to just check the map to see which direction to go after beaming into a Star Base or Space Station.

Simple things can go along way. :)

Please really Please
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I haven't played in a few months, and often I'll log in just to see if the game is worth playing again. Usually what i'll do is press "M" just to see if the maps are labeled yet. They can add new content all they want but if I have still have to navigate a space station with an unlabeled map, then I'm not really going to want to explore the new content. The fact that they never bothered to label their maps still baffles me. The entire UI lends itself to tedious google searches for information that the game itself should tell you up front.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I made my own lil map of the Sol system starbase and still have to figure out which way to run to whichever NPC that I need.

Side note : I also think the vendors/NPCs need some titles so we know which ones to click on. I get tired of clicking on the NPC's at the center of the starbase and trying to remember who has what level weapons or armor.