test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

News Flash! Violent Video games and our YOuth!!!!!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Ten Forward

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Video games do NOT make ppl angry or violent! *MALLET* Grrrrr *PUNT*
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Capulet wrote: »

These articles make me want to sucker punch the people who perform these studies.

What?!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    These articles make me want to sucker punch the people who perform these studies.

What?!

Um, that was a fairly positive article. What is the problem? Anyway games do make me angry if I am playing a particularly frustrating part, but it goes away as soon as I stop playing (which I do). There are some people out there that it will affect, but the same is true of getting stuck in traffic. At which point playing a game would probably help. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    90% of stats are made up 50% of the time and can be used 100% of the time to support an argument for anyone who opposes it 40% of the time.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    JT26thES wrote:
    90% of stats are made up 50% of the time and can be used 100% of the time to support an argument for anyone who opposes it 40% of the time.

Except for the 50% of the time when 1% of stats simply sit there and offer zero support to arguments that have nothing at all to do with them 60% of the time.
    :p
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I would add the article to my signature if it wasn't already so cramped that I couldn't eve add another one of my ships to it with no color, font, link, or anything special on it.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Krent wrote: »
    Um, that was a fairly positive article. What is the problem? Anyway games do make me angry if I am playing a particularly frustrating part, but it goes away as soon as I stop playing (which I do). There are some people out there that it will affect, but the same is true of getting stuck in traffic. At which point playing a game would probably help. ;)

What I can't make an obscure out of context comment from left field based solely on the title like 98% of the people on the internet? Pfffft :p
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    What I can't make an obscure out of context comment from left field based solely on the title like 98% of the people on the internet? Pfffft :p

P-P-P-P-Pleeeeeeze Eddie! I just came to see Jessica... and to have a DIET COKE!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    When I was driving at 100+ mph in my SUV, weaving in and out and causing the unfortunate ends of 4 puppies, 2 kittens, and 1094 old ladies crossing the street...

The cop let me off when I told him "sorry sir, video games made me do it."

Now I can't use that excuse anymore? :(
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think you only go crazy after playing video games if there's something wrong in the first place.

Good thing they made Red Dead Redemption 18+ first thing anyone does in those types of games is how much bounty they can get before the law gets them. I think I lasted 1 hour in the bar with a shotgun and a bounty of 3000. :D Thats until they bring in computer character rights LOL. Also games like Grand Theft auto where your encouraged to steal cars or drive over hookers to get your cash back :eek:

I think it all comes down to our human need to hunt and the fact that we no longer have alot of major wars so people use games to take out their anger or whatever. Look in the old days people used to be excecutioner's, yet if they didn't have that as a job I bet they would have been thugs on the street.

I think most games are ok as long as it isn't taken seriously. Next thing they will try to ban is Laser Quest or Paintball because it encourages us to shoot people.

Anyway as for pain I do find it does take alot of pain away while on the computer, mostly due to your mind focusing on other things.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    darkAthena wrote: »

Wow, I wish this study came out before I let my kid play Arkham Asylum. Now he is dressing in purple and green, and wearing face makeup.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Vrano wrote:
    Wow, I wish this study came out before I let my kid play Arkham Asylum. Now he is dressing in purple and green, and wearing face makeup.

That's a bit more weird than jumping on a turtles back every time you see one. What is happening in games these days? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Vrano wrote:
    Nah. Thats just your average puberty. :)

I do enjoy slaying around 10 to 20 thousand enemies in a gaming session.
    I have become quite the killer. But it doesn't mean I want to do it in the real world.(I have much higher goals there... We are talking about millions)

Some kids are just... Yeah. Putting most of the blame on the parents on that one.

And as for the OP... Thanks for stating the obvious? :confused:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That's a bit more weird than jumping on a turtles back every time you see one. What is happening in games these days? :rolleyes:

I use to hop out into lanes of traffic to see if I could get to the other side. Unfortunately, I never did live near a river with crocs in it though, so couldn't try that one out.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Violent video games are like peanut butter,"

mmmmmm violent peanut butter.