test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs!!!!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Could someone please tell me when it will be possible to have a HUGE federation fleet of players vs. a HUGE klingon fleet of players?!?!?!

New non-functioning bridges are nice and all.... but is this at least being talked about?

Thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Can't you do 20 vs 20 PVP?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Large battles without purpose are hollow. I'd like to see massive battles as well, but they need to have purpose added to them. I recommend that if the Devs add massive fleet engagements, they also give us territories to fight over and borders to maintain/contest.

If this is a time of war, let's see the front lines!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Would be great if they made a Sector as a contested area... with no limit of players on raids to a system. sort of a system takeover with a base. sorta like Starbase 24 but all players and no NPCs and to take that base you have to work to the inside and defeat a Faction boss. like in WOW the city takeovers if any of you have done a city raid in WOW. if you take the base your faction keeps it until the other faction takes it back over. you can donate items to upgrade or add defense systems. that would be real cool...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Darkjedi wrote: »
    Large battles without purpose are hollow. I'd like to see massive battles as well, but they need to have purpose added to them. I recommend that if the Devs add massive fleet engagements, they also give us territories to fight over and borders to maintain/contest.

If this is a time of war, let's see the front lines!

I agree. Large fleet battles could be over a system for various strategic or resource gathering purposes.

I really hope they decide to put something like this in. I'm getting sick of these "sit in a que wait for a 10v10" bs.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I agree. Large fleet battles could be over a system for various strategic or resource gathering purposes.

I really hope they decide to put something like this in. I'm getting sick of these "sit in a que wait for a 10v10" bs.

Agree, we been saying this for some time now but i fear that this will not happen in some time.
    What to expect when they havent even given us june calender :rolleyes:
    And dont lv band it ! let everyone no matter skill play toghether as it should be .
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    One problem will be that there will not be eenough Klingon players left to play. Cryptic is very good at scaring away Klingons.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hawks wrote: »
    One problem will be that there will not be eenough Klingon players left to play. Cryptic is very good at scaring away Klingons.

Yeah I actually made a klink recently to try to help this problem out. They NEED more content.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Could someone please tell me when it will be possible to have a HUGE federation fleet of players vs. a HUGE klingon fleet of players?!?!?!
    When quantum computers become mainstream, would be my guess.

I have fought in a 500v500 internet spaceship battles a few times, it was not fun.

I think Cryptic should design it so that huge fleet battles are not needed. Instead the battles should be lots of smaller fights, more like WoW's Wintergrasp and less like Eve's alliance wars.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Large fleet battles could be over a system for various strategic or resource gathering purposes.

In one of the TOS episodes, didn't they establish that the entire fleet of Constitution class vessels was ... 12 ships?

Keeping that in perspective ... 20 vs. 20 in one of the resource node cap maps would be exactly that ... a large fleet battle over a system for various resource gathering purposes.

Even in the 25th century, 40 starships crammed into a tight space fighting over resources ... would fit what you're asking for.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Darkjedi wrote: »
    Large battles without purpose are hollow.

Fun is the most important purpose I know of for a game. Large scale organized battles would be fun for the OP.

I would like to see organized1v1, 3v3, 5v5, 10v10, and 20v20. Meaning Players can choose who will join their instance rather than having a cue as the only option. Until that happens anything bigger would not be possible.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Why not take the Fleet Actions like Starbase 24 as a template? and instead of NPC's have player vs player fleets where people can come and go at will in the same fashion, unlike Queing in normal PvP.

I gather the Warzones are something similar, but seriously, they suck.
    A warzone should be just that, a warzone, not a fight aimed at other NPC's and ordinary mission objectives.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hawks wrote: »

Kilngons? Hah!! We Dont Need No Stinking Klingons !!!!:D:D:D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    superchum wrote: »
    In one of the TOS episodes, didn't they establish that the entire fleet of Constitution class vessels was ... 12 ships?

Keeping that in perspective ... 20 vs. 20 in one of the resource node cap maps would be exactly that ... a large fleet battle over a system for various resource gathering purposes.

Even in the 25th century, 40 starships crammed into a tight space fighting over resources ... would fit what you're asking for.
    Yes...The Doomsday Device, to be exact. :)

20 on 20 is a reasonable compromise for a fleet v. fleet encounter, I think. Going beyond that not only becomes a potential zergfest, but would really push the performance limits of even a high-end PC.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    superchum wrote: »
    ...Even in the 25th century, 40 starships crammed into a tight space fighting over resources ... would fit what you're asking for.
    Not to mention that all the weapon's fire, plasma discharge, radiation spikes and other wild-physics phenomenons may have an adverse effect on Subspace in such a way that would ultimately blow up the combatants thus depleting the Fleets of their ships and personnel. ;)