test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starfleet Academy Functions!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I got a stupid idea and enough time on my hands to post it.

Make the starfleet academy a place on earth we can actually visit. Add in a shooting range, laboratories, engineering facilities and quarters.

Players can go to the quarters and "store" unassigned or even assigned officers there. Stored officers don't lose the BO skills you invested in them when they leave your crew. Officers can be traded at the academy for prestige. Players can exchange officers there. Remove the BO tab from the Auction/Exchange. Should be an academy function now.

Your captain can offer to be a guest teacher at the academy, in either the shooting range, labs or engineering facility. This will cost some prestige. If you're teaching often you eventually gain the title of academy instructor or something like this. Teaching at the academy and "tithing" your prestige there can spawn a random/rare recruit that wants to join your crew. You're their inspiration :P

So you still have the chance to get new purple officers when you did all the missions and reached RA5.

+ The Academy would be such a nice place for roleplaying :P give us a cantina and a garden and other stuff. The Academy could rule. Do so !!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    This is actually a really awesome idea. If it ever came about i dont think it would be in the near future though. Cryptic has a lot on their hands with working ship interiors and some mini games coming up soon, and then the new playable faction whenever that happens. But this could be an amazing idea for future implementation. Id def spend some time lecturing at the academy!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Cryptic is working on several Sol System planets and they've made mention that they are trying to add functionality to the planet surfaces so that Earth isn't boring, so maybe something like this will be coming with that idea!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    This is... brilliant.

Can we get a Dev over here? there be ideas flowing!!! :cool:

My only question?

How would we give the Klingons something similar but suitably Klingon?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I would love to visit Starfleet Academy. Maybe have a side-quest where you can send potential cadets to the academy.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Brilliant idea. Once again, the STO community creates gold from lead.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Jonason wrote:
    Make the starfleet academy a place on earth we can actually visit.

I cant believe no one has thought of this before!!! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The only function that I would want implemented for the Starfleet Academy is the ability to hide under a bed and ogle at the long legs of a certain student. It is canon, so must be implemented.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Jonason wrote:
    I got a stupid idea and enough time on my hands to post it.

Make the starfleet academy a place on earth we can actually visit. Add in a shooting range, laboratories, engineering facilities and quarters.

Players can go to the quarters and "store" unassigned or even assigned officers there. Stored officers don't lose the BO skills you invested in them when they leave your crew. Officers can be traded at the academy for prestige. Players can exchange officers there. Remove the BO tab from the Auction/Exchange. Should be an academy function now.

Your captain can offer to be a guest teacher at the academy, in either the shooting range, labs or engineering facility. This will cost some prestige. If you're teaching often you eventually gain the title of academy instructor or something like this. Teaching at the academy and "tithing" your prestige there can spawn a random/rare recruit that wants to join your crew. You're their inspiration :P

So you still have the chance to get new purple officers when you did all the missions and reached RA5.

+ The Academy would be such a nice place for roleplaying :P give us a cantina and a garden and other stuff. The Academy could rule. Do so !!

Brilliant ideas! Seconded! Thirded!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Blenda wrote:
    The only function that I would want implemented for the Starfleet Academy is the ability to hide under a bed and ogle at the long legs of a certain student. It is canon, so must be implemented.

And then you realise its Q !!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Which one? There is a male and female Q, after all. I like this idea, btw
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think this is an awesome idea. As a keen roleplayer I am very interested, plus the added functionality to give it a purpose.

I heartily endorse this idea and I hope that a dev sees this!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I cant believe no one has thought of this before!!! :D

meh... i´ve posted the teaching idea 4 months ago :(

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=147344

i havent asked for the visitable Academy,
    cause it was done several times before too...

but still as it is pretty similar i totally /agree of course ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It wouldn't be complete without Boothby.

Skill trainers should be there too. Maybe not exclusively, but they should be there. Boothby ought to have a unique leadership skill he could teach. He is afterall, the great inspirational garden keeper!

Arachne