test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New star systems and quadrants

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hi y'all! Does anybody know whether new star systems, sectors and quadrants will be added? That would be super cool!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think they will... No ETA on that however.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Gozer stopped himself shy of saying they're planned for S2 when the level cap gets raised to RA10 in his Neutral Zone interview.

I'm kinda hoping we get the sector block between Sirius and Cardassian space. That includes Betazed, which might be pivotal in the Undine plot since they drive telepaths haywire.

That missing area would also likely include Talos IV, would definitely include Gravesworld and by my guess would include Sigma Iotia II, the Piece of the Action planet, and likely include Tarsus IV, the planet where Kirk grew up after leaving Iowa and where Hoshi from Enterprise died at the hands of Kodos the Executioner.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    im sure they will. probably season 2 will see some new stuff, especially as they are exp[anding the klingons, adding new story missions and cross faction areas
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    All of those planets leave so much open for future missions which I hope will be coming in Season 2. Visiting Betazed and having some type of mission there would be cool. Or the "Piece of the Action" planet. Since originally the DS9 episode "Trials and Tribbilations" was going to be about a revisit to that planet (until they decided to pay tribute to tribbles instead and do an episode based on them,), it would be cool to have a mission where you have to go back to the planet and see what was developed.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    TNG premiered the week of September 28, 1987 to 27 million viewers[1] with the two-hour pilot "Encounter at Farpoint". With 178 episodes spread over seven seasons, it ran longer than any other Star Trek series, ending with the finale "All Good Things..." the week of May 23, 1994.

Dear Cryptic
    Do you think you can stay alive longer then a year. Keep ignoring you subscribers and giving us half ars trinkets. Your DP is backwards and moronic. why did you say to us live we heard you and now we are doing as you ask when its evident you didnt hear anything and just went about doing as you want. This isnt champions online. ITS STAR TREK ONLINE. Star trek was all about the danger. do we even loose bridge officers anymore. I dont think so i have more then i can manage. Star trek was not only about war but also peace, exploration, discovery, functionality. WAKE UP. we should be able to give you guys monthly quizes to see if you indeed did watch or rather understand star trek.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well... since the Undine AND the Borg come from Delta Quadrant, some transwarp here and there can easily beam us there with all those cool races to fight! That would be a nice expansion. Also, I hope they will work closely on Paramount to assure all this material will be considered canon in the future, since all this stuff is pretty awesome. So many opportunities! But I agree, they MUST add more planets to visit in the Federation and the other empires!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    anybody? all ideas are welcome!!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    3 new sectors are coming in July if I'm not mistaken. A mid level Klingon Sector, a high end sector, and a multi-faction sector.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm kinda hoping we get the sector block between Sirius and Cardassian space. That includes Betazed, which might be pivotal in the Undine plot since they drive telepaths haywire.

SPOILERS!!!!!! You have been warned.!!!!!!!!!!

I would not count on that being true. Everything that happened with you beaming to the ship and on forward was on a Holodeck. I think everything that Drake told you about the Undine and telepaths is totally false.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    UFP-Magnis wrote: »
    . Star trek was all about the danger. do we even loose bridge officers anymore..

That would be good. Having to train new officers would be more realistic.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    fuzun wrote: »
    SPOILERS!!!!!! You have been warned.!!!!!!!!!!

I would not count on that being true. Everything that happened with you beaming to the ship and on forward was on a Holodeck. I think everything that Drake told you about the Undine and telepaths is totally false.

but we have seen how they affected Kess on voyager with her telepathic abilities, so I am inclined to think it's true.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Intrepidox wrote: »
    but we have seen how they affected Kess on voyager with her telepathic abilities, so I am inclined to think it's true.

They were able establish a mental connection with Kess. But Kess wasn't really a well train telepath so I would take her experience with them as atypical. And they didn't cause her to go psycho like the telepaths that you have the subdue.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    fuzun wrote: »
    They were able establish a mental connection with Kess. But Kess wasn't really a well train telepath so I would take her experience with them as atypical. And they didn't cause her to go psycho like the telepaths that you have the subdue.

all of that can be explained away though, there's still a precedant for it
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Intrepidox wrote: »
    all of that can be explained away though, there's still a precedant for it

Are the Hirogens gonna be included any tme soon? And we wanna visit Ferenginar!!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    the undine did the crazy telepath thing with tuvok too :O (prey)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah i remember... but what abut Hirgens and others?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah i remember... but what abut Hirgens and others?

Hirogen are probably going to be a big deal in S3 or S4 since they joined the Romulan Empire.

I'm looking forward to my very own Hirogen Sub-Commander. (I don't care if he outranks that. I'm using that title because it's the coolest sounding Romulan rank.)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    That missing area would also likely include Talos IV, would definitely include Gravesworld and by my guess would include Sigma Iotia II, the Piece of the Action planet, and likely include Tarsus IV, the planet where Kirk grew up after leaving Iowa and where Hoshi from Enterprise died at the hands of Kodos the Executioner.

I want to say, upfront, that looking at the official maps which Cryptic seems to be using, Betazed and Gravesworld will have to be in the same sector block.

Talos IV would be in the southern tip of the next sector block down. (And also features telepaths, so why NOT use it?)

Sigma Iotia II and Tarsus IV have no established place on the official maps. We do know that the episodes surrounding "A Piece of the Action" took place in the sector block one down from Betazed... and I place Tarsus IV in that region because the colony was founded around the same time Sigma Iotia II was contaminated and that whole area would have been the big new frontier 15 or so years after Enterprise when Tarsus IV was founded (assuming you go with the crew bio we saw on Hoshi that said she was a settler there who was killed by Kodos).

And beyond that, Kodos was discovered living as an actor by a survivor of the Tarsus IV massacre in the sector block one down from Betazed so I'll guesstimate that the sheer coincidence of Kirk and two other Tarsus survivors being one sector block down from Betazed means Tarsus is in that area.

Again, the maps don't give a location for Sigma Iotia II or Tarsus but they seem reasonable for inclusion somewhere between Betazed and Talos IV.