test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aid the Planet question

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Working on a little side project among my characters.

If anyone has some spare time, could you check your old captain's log mission records, and answer me a few questions ...

1- Do all Aid the Planet missions use the keywords "Relief Effort" in their name? And if they don't, what are other keywords they use?

2- Has anyone completed more than 3 Aid the Planet missions on a single character?

My project here is ... I do the missions when I get them. But none of my characters have gotten more than 3 to complete. Ever.

I know a lot of people skip them so I hear they come up quite often. But ... what if you don't skip them? Do them ... and then they stop coming? I haven't gotten one on my Admiral since he was a Commander (and my memory is a little hazy as that mission might have been a Lt. Commander mission that I didn't complete until after becoming a Commander). And my admiral did over 10 exploration missions at Commander (had a bit more than 750 points to spend) ... did 15 on the button at Captain ... and I've done almost 15 now at Admiral. And not gotten any since System N350-X Relief Effort mission on Earthdate 3/5/2010.

My other two characters, both Commanders (one Cmdr 6, the Cmdr 5) haven't gotten any since Lt. Cmdr level. They've done at least 3 mission completes at the Cmdr level.

My brand spanking new Lt. just got his first at Lt. Grade 4. So now I'm trying to chart it and pay closer attention to it.

I think they go away if you do a few of them. That's my theory anyways.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I never did them at all, I stopped receiving them after the first nebula or whatever... until the b'tan, where I just got offered one.

Honestly I thought they'd just taken them out of the game because of how TRIBBLE they are, but then suddenly I get one at RA4...
    edited March 2010
    I was banned from doing them after giving 10 shield generators to a load of sithlords on a hidden base.
    How was I to know. The guy knew I was Starfleet and asked for help.
    edited March 2010
    I did 3 as a group, then never did another one. But I still get them offered.
    edited March 2010
    I've never done one at all. I used to get them about once every 4 or 5 systems I entered. That slowed down, then last night when running them in the Rolar (sp?) Nebula, I got 5 of them out of I think 12 or so. I hadn't seen that many in AGES. But, I skip and retry a new system.
    edited March 2010
    superchum wrote: »
    Working on a little side project among my characters.

If anyone has some spare time, could you check your old captain's log mission records, and answer me a few questions ...

1- Do all Aid the Planet missions use the keywords "Relief Effort" in their name? And if they don't, what are other keywords they use?

2- Has anyone completed more than 3 Aid the Planet missions on a single character?

My project here is ... I do the missions when I get them. But none of my characters have gotten more than 3 to complete. Ever.

I know a lot of people skip them so I hear they come up quite often. But ... what if you don't skip them? Do them ... and then they stop coming? I haven't gotten one on my Admiral since he was a Commander (and my memory is a little hazy as that mission might have been a Lt. Commander mission that I didn't complete until after becoming a Commander). And my admiral did over 10 exploration missions at Commander (had a bit more than 750 points to spend) ... did 15 on the button at Captain ... and I've done almost 15 now at Admiral. And not gotten any since System N350-X Relief Effort mission on Earthdate 3/5/2010.

My other two characters, both Commanders (one Cmdr 6, the Cmdr 5) haven't gotten any since Lt. Cmdr level. They've done at least 3 mission completes at the Cmdr level.

My brand spanking new Lt. just got his first at Lt. Grade 4. So now I'm trying to chart it and pay closer attention to it.

I think they go away if you do a few of them. That's my theory anyways.

1: yes
    2: yes

ur theory is wrong

both my toons always complete relief efforts, they're easy and really don't ask for much tbh. if you don't have the energy to buy or inventory space to carry the commodities, l2p, you are terribad/pathetically lazy at this game and a disgrace to Starfleet

on my main i've done 179 sets of three exploration missions each (125 in B'Tran alone as of this posting), so that's 537 exploration maps completed to date

my alt is only Cmndr1 so her data isn't gonna help much, but she does need around 1.8k badges for Mk VI exploration gear once she gets enough rank to earn them, so data coming soon

of 537 maps, only 26 of them have been relief efforts
    26/537= 0.048417132...
    4.8% of all exploration missions are relief efforts according to my data, so probably a 5% chance of drawing a relief effort is what's programmed into the game
    edited March 2010
    I've only ever encountered 2 Relief missions. I don't mind them. However I'm currently Cap 7 and haven't seen one since Lt.
    edited April 2010
    My alt is leveled now

leveled via pretty much ALL EXPLORATION

86 exploration sets of 3, lifetime for the alt, so 258 maps

only 5 relief efforts were encountered during that time, all completed

5/258= 0.019379845...

ur theory's still wrong, we're just unlucky that we don't get many more of these easy missions :D
    edited April 2010
    My tac alt is at C6, leveling via exploration still

No data will be released until he's RA3
    edited April 2010
    Tac's RA5 now.

14 relief efforts out of 303 exploration maps.

14/303 = .04620462...
    edited April 2010
    All character slots are full. I've nothing else to add to this thread; all character slots are full and I'm not interested in additional characters.

Total:
    (14+5+26)/(537+258+303) = .040983607

A little over 4% relief effort find rate out of 1,098 exploration maps
    edited April 2010
    All character slots are full. I've nothing else to add to this thread; all character slots are full and I'm not interested in additional characters.

Total:
    (14+5+26)/(537+258+303) = .040983607

A little over 4% relief effort find rate out of 1,098 exploration maps

Thanks so much for the data. I finally did get an aid the planet on my second RA.

They really are a tiny tiny chance of spawning.

It will be interesting to see if that stays that way now that they are changed on Tribble.
    edited May 2010
    Especially given the "Needs of the Many" mission, 4% seems drastically low...(for what should be, rather than what is)

But I can agree that your findings are consistent with my own. Pre-April, I was getting explore missions fairly regularly (maybe 10-15% of the time) and I always did them. Around roughly the start of April (when people's complaints about the commodity missions became serious enough to warrant server changes) I stopped getting those missions, and have not gotten one since then.
  • ixandelixandel Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I got this quest.. The Needs of the Many..

It says, " Go to the Delta Volanis Cluster, which is located on the edge of the Vulcan Sector in teh Sirius Sector Block, and aid a planet in need."

So I went there.. spent about three hours scanning annomolies or going into unknown systems and all the systems were the quests where there used to be a research station and now we don't know what happened blah blah blah.. quests..

So i have this quest sitting in my list and no idea how to do get it..

Do i just keep randomly going to annomolies and hoping one of them is a planet that requires shields or some other thing?
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ixandel wrote: »
    Do i just keep randomly going to annomolies and hoping one of them is a planet that requires shields or some other thing?

That's correct. :D

Also, I can see you're new to the forums, but you're not supposed to post in threads that have been untouched for more than a month.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • coanunncoanunn Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's correct. :D

Also, I can see you're new to the forums, but you're not supposed to post in threads that have been untouched for more than a month.

Whoa, seriously? They don't want the new people to use the search function and tap old posts?
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    that's a common practice on forums, it keeps you from digging up outdated information.

===post above is by f9thaceshigh===

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further :) ~BranFlakes
This discussion has been closed.