test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crystalline Entity is completely borked right now.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I just spent TWO HOURS trying to beat this thing. I played in groups of 10, 15 and 20. I tried several different instances.

The same thing happened EVERY TIME. People would circle strafe for awhile, the entity would get down to 25 percent health, and then BLAMMO, it would instantly ratchet back to to 35 or 40 or god forbid 50 percent.

In every instance there were 3 or 4 griefers just sitting around about 10km out and shooting large shards, which turn into little shards that heal the entity.

TWO HOURS. WASTED. GARBAGE TIME. I gained NOTHING, enjoyed NOTHING, and now I'm ****ed off about it.

Fixed Crystalline Entity, please. Right now it's a giant waste of time. Best solution is to to not let the entity heal itself. Instead, make the shards deadly weapons that go superfast or something. ANYTHING to nerf the power 3 or 4 griefers can have over ONE INSTANCE right now.

ugh.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Did anyone in the zone try explaining the encounter to the players who were causing the Crystalline Entity to heal?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Actually, shooting the large shards is fine. Getting hit by them, or letting them hit mines... those are BAD.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Combadge wrote:
    Did anyone in the zone try explaining the encounter to the players who were causing the Crystalline Entity to heal?

Yes, people do explain the strategy. Sadly, not everyone listens/reads and there is really nothing you can do to prevent griefers from griefing the encounter. People will go in just to start dropping mines all over the place or allowing themselves to be hit by shards simply because they can.

I agree with the OP to the extent that the CE be turned into a Fleet/Team only encounter. I've seen it griefed a heck of a lot more than I have seen it successfully completed.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yes, people do explain the strategy. Sadly, not everyone listens/reads and there is really nothing you can do to prevent griefers from griefing the encounter. People will go in just to start dropping mines all over the place or allowing themselves to be hit by shards simply because they can.

I agree with the OP to the extent that the CE be turned into a Fleet/Team only encounter. I've seen it griefed a heck of a lot more than I have seen it successfully completed.

Or the ability to boot griefers out of the mission, if that's even possible.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Best thing to do for the CE is to make it a private mission... You could even make it a 5 person mission like the STFs, it doesn't take a lot of people, just a few people working together which is practically impossible to do when you allow anyone and everyone to jump in the middle of it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    bfett81 wrote: »
    In every instance there were 3 or 4 griefers just sitting around about 10km out and shooting large shards, which turn into little shards that heal the entity.

TWO HOURS. WASTED. GARBAGE TIME. I gained NOTHING, enjoyed NOTHING, and now I'm ****ed off about it.

Yeah I tried this once and never came back. I agree, this mission is too easily griefed.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm kinda glad I completed the CE mission when it was still borked (sitting in 1 spot with mines out and killing it in less than 10 seconds). I've tried helping my brother complete this. He finally just gave up on it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    agreed, it is just not possible to explain the mission to everyone who is doing it wrong.
    i appriciate it beeing a hard fight but the regeneration thing if only a few players die is just horrible.
    i tried it 3 or 4 times and everytime i sit there for hours until my mouse klicking finger hurts and see it regenerate it EVERYTIME... never seen that thing get destroyed.

Tried to private message players who were doing it wrong... they just ignore the chat alltogether.
    Why play an MMO in an MMO instance if you ignore the people in it?
    If i dont know what i am supposed to do i lean back and spectate others... problem here is there are too much doing it wrong so that people even will pick up the bad Tactics.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah the CE is ridiculous to complete "normally." I'm glad I was able to 1 shot it with my ramming speed bug.

I even felt so bad I came in as rear admiral and spammed scramble sensors on it to help people complete it for themselves. Well my reward was the sellable mk ivs, and the amusement from people thinking they actually beat it themselves.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    /cues miner NinetyNine

Quick! Save the day!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Did you try using mines? If not, there's your problem.

Step 1:Mines, lots of them, as many as you can drop, as close to it as you can fly.
    Step 2:Collect loots.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If you need a hand with it, pm me in game Dr.Woe@MooseOfWoe

I only have two characters ATM and they're both Admirals. Due to the fact all Fleet Actions are level banded now if you're ranked Captain and under I can't help.

The Admiral version takes a while due to the enormous HP it now has, I can't singlehandedly beat the CE in to a coma anymore. Still, I can "barely" outdo the natural 3.5/30 second regen. The more people who come to speed up the process, the better.

However, unlike the Lt Commander version, I can't out DPS the regen AND a person launching a tricobalt in to a series of large frags. I have ways of messing with aggro to get around mine layers...but tricobalts not so much.

Whereas before I could out DPS it by around 7 or so per regen tic, now I'm scrapping to make 1% progress per tic.

If we have 3+ other people with heavy DPS we probably can negate one idiot with tricobalts. Otherwise, not so much.